Notices

Does your CRX ride like crap??

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does your CRX ride like crap??

I have a 90 CRX with coilovers and stock shocks...as expected, my ride is absolutely shitty, reeealy shitty, its worse than other cars with coilovers and stock shocks, im even embarrased to bring hotties into the ride...anyway, what im trying to ask is does the ride completely change when you get aftermarket shocks or does it just improve it a little?
Old 05-26-2003, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Does your CRX ride like crap?? (RicedREX)

how much do you have the coilovers adjusted and what are their spring rates? I have skunk2 coilovers and tokico blues and it rides horrible. the skunk2 coils I have are one of those "universal fits" for all 88-00 civics so the spring rate is pretty high
Old 05-26-2003, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Does your CRX ride like crap?? (RicedREX)

It depends on what kind of aftermarket shocks you get. They are not all the same. If you get simple aftermarket shocks then it will improve it a little. But if you go with adjustables, then it will help a lot. An example is Tokico HP (blues) will help a little, but if you go with Tokico Illuminas (white) they will help a lot. It also depends on how low you have your car, and what spring rate the coilovers you have are. There are a couple of variables that determine your ride.
Old 05-26-2003, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Does your CRX ride like crap?? (REDBARON)

get 88-89 accord front shocks IT HELPS ALOT. dont bother geting the rear they are the same. but the point of the accord shocks is that they give you more suspension travel, rides nice.
Old 05-26-2003, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does your CRX ride like crap??

my bro has some real coilovers. not jus the "sleeves" that skunk2 has and ****.
it rides sooooooooooooooooo MUCH BETTER. its insane.

i have skunk2 sleeves wit tokico blues. and its so shitty. bounces around so much.
im saving for Teins. or some Buddy Clubs. i dunno yet. but getting "real coilovers" makes so much of a difference. if i didnt get the skunk2 sleeves for free id be pissed. my bros coilovers were like 750 retail, or some ****. he got em for free though.

i definately say. if u have the 750-2000 bux hehe. huge space cuz they are priced so differently. GET THEM. rebuildable shock and ****.

sorry i dont know the name of my bros shocks. but they arent top of the line i tell u that. but way worth every penny if u have to pay for em.
Old 05-26-2003, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does your CRX ride like crap?? (4inspeed)

I've never heard of any one using 88-89 Accord fronts on CRX's. Is that for real???
Old 05-26-2003, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does your CRX ride like crap?? (EFSiR)

there was a post awhile back with pics of a crx with accord bilstein shocks i think.

putting on skunk2 will make your car ride stiff no matter how expensive the shocks are going to be. they're just too stiff for the EF chasis, but ride real good with the eg & ek.
Old 05-26-2003, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Does your CRX ride like crap?? (EFSiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EFSiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've never heard of any one using 88-89 Accord fronts on CRX's. Is that for real???
</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah it gives you i think its about an inch ar little more suspension travel, its great, but like i said before the rear shocks are the same, so all you need is 2 fronts.
Old 05-26-2003, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Does your CRX ride like crap?? (4inspeed)

CRX will never ride as smooth as say a 92-95 civic coupe if they both have the same springs ie Skunk 2 or say most other sleve coilovers for 88-00 civics. The CRX rides rough due to its short wheel base. Tokicko blues, KYB AGX and the silver KYB will not cut it when using he high spring rates. If you use something like Skunk 2's or Ground Controls you should at least use Tokicko Illumnas or better yet Koni Yellows. They can handle the high spring rates and will not blow out and ride like crap. Tire profile also makes for ride quality. 40 series 16'' will ride stiffer than 70 series 13's. If you want a cushy yet somewhat stiffer than stock ride get some Eibachs or H&R sports. I wouldnt waste money on teins if your gonna just drive on the street and never track race or auto x. One positve note on crappy bouncy rides is if you have a chick with big ***** and a bouncy road youll have some eye candy
Old 05-26-2003, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Does your CRX ride like crap?? (PoonHunter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PoonHunter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> One positve note on crappy bouncy rides is if you have a chick with big ***** and a bouncy road youll have some eye candy </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 05-26-2003, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Does your CRX ride like crap?? (EF8 ownz u)

i have the tien ss coilovers and es bushings... it rides great.

as far as how the car used to ride. stock shocks and sprint springs. not much to say there, bouncy as crap. when i took off the shocks i could depress them by hand aftermarket shocks are definitly needed
Old 05-27-2003, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Just Drank A 5th of VODKA Dare me to drive, Ca, u.s.
Default Re: Does your CRX ride like crap?? (90civichbsi)

you guys are very right, i have sleeve style coil-overs with tokico blues, and it rides like a bucking bronco, shiittty as hell. my buddy has an ef also and his rides just as bad. his set up has caused him to smack his chest on the steering wheel numerous times and even wack his head on the windshield, and yes his seat was in the correct position and his seat belt was on. basically having a hammered 88-91 sucks with this set up. we are both saving for teins!