Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda CRX / EF Civic (1988 - 1991) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-crx-ef-civic-1988-1991-3/)
-   -   Did screw up on my swap? my clutch lever has no pressure (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-crx-ef-civic-1988-1991-3/did-screw-up-my-swap-my-clutch-lever-has-no-pressure-1074288/)

Sinner 12-03-2004 09:02 AM

Did screw up on my swap? my clutch lever has no pressure

Here is the deal I've been a 5g hydro tranny guy for 3 or 4 years with many swaps. This last car was a cable. I think I screwed up some where because I was at the boneyard today screwing around with a cable tranny and I noticed the clutch lever that connects to the clutch cable had alot of pressure where mine has basically none.

Where is my mistake at?

Thanks
Nick

EL Vap133 12-03-2004 09:14 AM

Re: Did screw up on my swap? my clutch lever has no pressure (Sinner)

Wait, what exactly is your question?

Sinner 12-03-2004 09:28 AM

on the tranny where the clutch cable hooks up. The lever should have pressure, atleast I think. I do not have any pressure. Did I forget a spring or something while mating the tranny and motor?

Nick

RCautoworks 12-03-2004 09:40 AM

Re: (Sinner)

Did you mess with the clutch assemble or throwout bearing ? Your lever has no pressure at all, not even when it reaches the top ?

Sinner 12-03-2004 09:45 AM

is the pressure made by the level or is made by a spring on the clutch petal? I havnt hooked up my clutch cable to the lever.

1RMDave 12-03-2004 09:48 AM

have you tried adjusting the cable tighter? Turn the round plastic nut by the lever.

CRX_Control 12-03-2004 10:20 AM

Re: (1RMDave)

the lever should have some resistance cause of the throwout bearing's spring.My guess is that your bearing is bad or that your spring is bad and needs replacement.

DJ_SaNdOz 12-03-2004 10:21 AM

Re: (1RMDave)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1RMDave &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">have you tried adjusting the cable tighter? Turn the round plastic nut by the lever.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That was my thought as well.

CRX_Control 12-03-2004 10:24 AM

Re: (DJ_SaNdOz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1RMDave &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">have you tried adjusting the cable tighter? Turn the round plastic nut by the lever.</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DJ_SaNdOz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That was my thought as well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i think the guy is saying when he hand pulled the tranny lever from a tranny that wasnt hooked up to the cable , it had some resistance. His doesnt have this resistance when he pulls his when his tranny was out.

1RMDave 12-04-2004 03:07 PM

Re: (CRX_Control)

if thats the case i would say its the spring in the bellhousing on the lever. Otherwise i still think its the cable.

RCautoworks 12-04-2004 03:25 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sinner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is the pressure made by the level or is made by a spring on the clutch petal? I havnt hooked up my clutch cable to the lever.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The pressure if from the pressure plate, you should be able to move the lever up a little with no resistance but once you hit that certain point your not moving it up anymore.

Sinner 12-15-2004 11:12 AM

the problem was that it didnt have the cable attached.

Nick

Rywire 12-15-2004 01:23 PM

Attach the cable, tighten the adjuster to 1/8 inch play, and go from there.
Ryan