Notices

DFW area tuner shops

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DFW area tuner shops

OK - i'm going to be installing a B20 AWD into my 91 hatch here in the next 3 months, and I need a good shop to go to that won't break my bank. I've heard of these shops around here (either through friends, on here, or i've been to them before):

Redline Performance, Arlington -- talk to Phong
VSV, Carrollton -- talk to Stoney
Jotech -- Irving?? Probably expensive as hell... and they blew up a friend of mine's turbo gsr.

anyways, i'd like any input anyone can give me. I'm not looking for a shop to do the AWD conversion -- that's my department, I just want them to put in the engine/wiring harness, and make sure it's all working OK. Any good suggestions?

--

hell - i'd even take an individual who's in the area and has engine swap experience to do it... in that case, I'd like to watch tho
Old 04-07-2005, 07:15 AM

Heres a Damn good place in Carrolton that wont break ur bank and cut u a deal like no other
AP import Source
1015 N 35E Suite #216
Carrolton Texas
Open Mon-Sat 11am-8pm
972-820-6995

---OR---
Speed South
7807 S.cooper ste.107
Arlington Tx
Tel. 817-375-8888
Fax. 817-375-8883
ask 4 Harold Hollingsworth

and by nemeans DO NOT **** w/ jotec..they will rape u w/ the prices..plus ur buddys car aint the only car threw blew up in there...

and keep me posted on the AWD F20..i wanna turn my CRX 89 in2 an AWD cause i just bought a B16A1 for it..u think its possible..?
Old 04-07-2005, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (CRX Junkie)

Jotech is the most reputable performance shop in the dfw area. Hands down.
That being said, they aren't cheap by any means. They are located in garland.

Vsv is no longer around, the new company is Called Velocity Motorsports. They are located in between carrolton and addison accross the street from the addison airport.

Intercrew is in richardson, >- this will probably be the most reasonable shop in the dfw area for motor swap / installation.

Im not positive that ap import source is still open, I started to design a website for them, but they never got back to me about moving forward, either way there phone number can be found here, if they are still open. http://www.apimportsource.com

Any of the above shops can do a swap, a swap is super simple. And im sure all of the above has blown a couple of motors, Just because they blew the motor doesnt mean it was there fault, it really depends on who built the motor, and if it was rigged, or done properly.

Old 04-07-2005, 08:48 AM

OK - to be fair, I know that every shop has it's complaints... you can't please everyone all the time. I know jotec is well known and they build all kinds of badass cars - but unless I have tons of $$ to dump into my car, i'm not going there.

I certainly appreciate all of your input -- thanks! And don't worry, I'll be keeping everybody posted on my AWD conversion. I think i'm going to be able to pull some parts off the 91 4WD civic wagon to weld onto this little project car. I should be getting the engine/tranny installed in about a month or so.

And, by the way, I have installed engines myself -- I just don't have a garage/place to do it right now! Hell - the last one I did without an engine hoist... at least it was just a D16
Old 04-07-2005, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (the_nautilus)

If thats so , why would you pay for the install, its going to be at least a grand at any local shop for installation.

Old 04-07-2005, 10:14 AM

Default Re: (slowpokesi)

Well, the real reason I'm not doing the install myself is:

1) it's not my car

and

2) I'll be in basic training when he gets the motor ready for install.

and

3) Wiring ******* SUCKS, and so do sensor issues. If a shop does the install, they can deal with any probs that they run into along the way.