Notices

92 jdm crx radio wiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 jdm crx radio wiring

I have a 1992 crx 1.5x i recently purchased. The stock radio plug was hacked off and an aftermarket pigtail for a deck was butt-connected on the factory wires.

i am trying to figure out what type of factory plug i need to re-solder on the factory wires to return it to stock. There are 15 loose wires, as well as a small grey plug with 7 wires going into it.

It seems that the radio plug would be different than that of a USDM crx (USDM crx radio plug has 13 wires)

Does anybody know what type of plug the jdm crxs use, and have a wiring diagram as well?
Also, what is the seperate small grey plug for?

picture attached

Old 06-28-2020, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 92 jdm crx radio wiring

There's a company called Metra that sells the car harness you're looking for. IIRC, they have a wiring diagram included.

The wiring can also be found in the OEM shop manuals.

EDIT: The small grey plug is for the OEM stereo. Looks like it probably had a double-DIN stereo with optional CD player. The ones I've seen in person actually had a sub-harness that plugged into the main wiring, and that's what provided the smaller grey plug. I haven't seen them with the dual plugs right off the main harness before. As for your wiring, (from memory) 8 should be for the speakers, one for constant power, one for the dash lights, one for switched power, one for ground. If I counted correctly you have 12 bare wires there.