Notices

crx exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crx exhaust

is the crx exhaust very restrictive? i like the way it looks and there a guy in the town over that makes that style exhaust but i think he just uses a bigger piping. so i was just wondering would i get more hp just to get a striaght through exhaust like a hayame one something like that or just keep the stock style with bigger piping?
Old 07-11-2006, 03:13 PM

Default Re: crx exhaust (crxb16a2)

you would get more power at the higher rpm range if its less restrictive, but go too big and you will damage your valves
Old 07-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Pirate General...YARRRR

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: crx exhaust (Mavrick)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mavrick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you would get more power at the higher rpm range if its less restrictive, but go too big and you will damage your valves</TD></TR></TABLE>
Explain this please.

Stock crx exhaust isn't horrid but not the best. You can see some gains upgrading it.

Many sytems look stock or you can custom make one if thats they style you like.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for a stock d16a6 id go 2"-2 1/4" exhaust, for a bigger B( DOHC VTEC), maybe 2.5", turbo 3"
Old 07-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Pirate General...YARRRR

Default Re: (B18a_CRX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18a_CRX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for a stock d16a6 id go 2"-2 1/4" exhaust, for a bigger B( DOHC VTEC), maybe 2.5", turbo 3"</TD></TR></TABLE>That's way to big for stock setups.
A stock b16 will work great with 2".

Old 07-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Rainman

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mavrick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">, but go too big and you will damage your valves</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmmm, so every drag car ive done and seen with dumped exhaust and or open header now has valve damage huh?

you some funny guy.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (***-assin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ***-assin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's way to big for stock setups.
A stock b16 will work great with 2".

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dunno man, maybe 2.5" is a little big for a b16a, but i wouldnt go any smaller than 2 1/4". They need the free flow since they make the majority of their power at high RPM.

My b18a loved the 2 1/4", i would never put anything smaller on a B. 2" is only acceptable for a N/A Dseries IMO.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:41 PM
Pirate General...YARRRR

Default Re: (B18a_CRX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18a_CRX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i dunno man, maybe 2.5" is a little big for a b16a, but i wouldnt go any smaller than 2 1/4". They need the free flow since they make the majority of their power at high RPM.

My b18a loved the 2 1/4", i would never put anything smaller on a B. 2" is only acceptable for a N/A Dseries IMO.</TD></TR></TABLE>
The b18 is also .2 liters larger yes it'll do good.

2" works great on a b16. Once you start doing more mods *cams etc* stepping up size will help.

Now I have a lsvtec and i'm @ 2 1/4 its too small due to my cams and other work.

2" will go great with most N/A Ds I agree.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:51 PM

Default Re: (***-assin)

your telling me if he ran 5" exhaust the car would run proper?
Old 07-11-2006, 08:53 PM

Default Re: crx exhaust (***-assin)

and plus, v8s dont need backpressure, 4cyls do, you should know that you honda nerd
Old 07-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Pirate General...YARRRR

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mavrick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your telling me if he ran 5" exhaust the car would run proper?</TD></TR></TABLE>
LOL
it would run but not to well, the vavles wouldn't die because of it at all though. thats strike 2 for you.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mavrick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and plus, v8s dont need backpressure, 4cyls do, you should know that you honda nerd</TD></TR></TABLE>
LOL
Try to explain why on IC motor needs backpressure and the other doesn't.

strike 3 GTFO.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:48 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mavrick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and plus, v8s dont need backpressure, 4cyls do, you should know that you honda nerd</TD></TR></TABLE>
You should get that flag out of your avatar, you are a disgrace to America.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:04 PM

Default Re: crx exhaust (dxasaurus)

im not even american!
Old 07-11-2006, 10:21 PM

then get that flag out of your avatar, you are still a disgrace to life.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crx exhaust (dxasaurus)

***-assin and dxasaurus! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

as for the exhaust -

2 1/4 for minimal n/a mods or low boost/smaller turbo,

2 1/2 and up for hardout n/a mods or bigger boost/bigger turbo etc

I had 2 1/4 with 4-1 headers, pod, b16a injectors, lightened flywheel etc and it went really well, I would guesstimate a high 14 or something
Old 07-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crx exhaust (SIred91)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIred91 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
hmmm, so every drag car ive done and seen with dumped exhaust and or open header now has valve damage huh? </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha, open header/dumped exhaust would be the equivelent of a 20'' exhaust? those valves would be blown yO!
Old 07-12-2006, 10:05 PM

Default Re: crx exhaust (NewZealandJDM)

unfortunately thanks to experiance I have about 20 years of being a full mechanic under my belt and a shop so im not some computer retard who talks **** on the internet cause momma bought him his garrett t4. I know what im talking about. You do not.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mavrick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">unfortunately thanks to experiance I have about 20 years of being a full mechanic under my belt and a shop</TD></TR></TABLE>

And the key word is - unfortunately

The unfortunate chain of events that had lead you to be a mechanic and those poor unfortunate customers that got their hondas serviced by you!

Old 07-13-2006, 08:25 AM

Default Re: crx exhaust (NewZealandJDM)

who the expletive are you to judge me? you just some internet geek who has all the answers? sure you sound smart on the internet, have you ever actually worked on a car? you cant even drop your own gas tank. Easy to talk **** with a high school education, try getting a bachelors in something other then being a retard.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mavrick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who the expletive are you to judge me? you just some internet geek who has all the answers? sure you sound smart on the internet, have you ever actually worked on a car? you cant even drop your own gas tank. Easy to talk **** with a high school education, try getting a bachelors in something other then being a retard.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bachelor? Try getting a degree in Engineering...

There are alot of smart people on here then you, making a **** load more money, and banging way hotter chicks, so STFU and BTFD!

Now, as for the exhaust, simply buy an upgraded aftermarket one. Alot of people here are raving about Megan Racing, check them out. I will personally for 2.5" on my turbo, with my stock pea shooter tailpipe coming out. Restrictive yes, stealthy yes, keeps the cops away and making near 180whp, yes.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crx exhaust (ludesrv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mavrick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who the expletive are you to judge me? you just some internet geek who has all the answers? sure you sound smart on the internet, have you ever actually worked on a car? you cant even drop your own gas tank. Easy to talk **** with a high school education, try getting a bachelors in something other then being a retard.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are an idiot....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mavrick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you would get more power at the higher rpm range if its less restrictive, but go too big and you will damage your valves</TD></TR></TABLE>

Please explain this....
Old 07-13-2006, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mavrick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> but go too big and you will damage your valves</TD></TR></TABLE>

if u have as much mechanical experience as u claim. explain how the valves would get damaged. stop going around it and awnser the question.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crx exhaust (charlee)

i think hes refering to burning a valve. this is not likely unless you have a leak right between the block and manifold/header. (you have to run the motor this way for a while too) if you have a properly mated head/manifold and nothing after that, this is not likely to happen. just the initial scavenging/flow assistance of the manifold helps to draw the exhaust far enough away to avoid this.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: crx exhaust (pimpwagon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pimpwagon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think hes refering to burning a valve. this is not likely unless you have a leak right between the block and manifold/header. (you have to run the motor this way for a while too) if you have a properly mated head/manifold and nothing after that, this is not likely to happen. just the initial scavenging/flow assistance of the manifold helps to draw the exhaust far enough away to avoid this.</TD></TR></TABLE>

but hes saying ur gonna get a damaged valve if u run a real big exhoust, he never mentioned anything about a leak.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Pirate General...YARRRR

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mavrick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">unfortunately thanks to experiance I have about 20 years of being a full mechanic under my belt and a shop so im not some computer retard who talks **** on the internet cause momma bought him his garrett t4. I know what im talking about. You do not.</TD></TR></TABLE>
20 years eh Chris?

Access Level Normal User
Permission Level Unrestricted User
Full Name Chris
Email Address cpear69@hotmail.com
Location Honda Honda Honda
Age 21

Quick Reply: crx exhaust