Notices

CRX Clutch Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CRX Clutch Adjustment

!I DID DO A SEARCH, READ WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN BEFORE FLAMING ME PLEASE!

Well I bought this CRX and the owner said it had a "new" clutch put in it, well when I got in the car I couldn't belive how far I had to let the clutch out for it to finally engage (I am used to my stage 1, which engages just a little bit off the floor). Once it got to that point it engaged, it worked fine and held good, so I don't think it's a bad clutch. I do however think it needs to be adjusted...

I did a few searchs on here and found some useful info, however nothing pertained to my current situation. When I got under the hood and adjusted the nut on the cable, it really made very very little difference, so I tightend it more, still very little difference. However after the last adjustment it start to make a real weird sound when the pedal was to the floor, if I wiggled the clutch cable it would get worse/better. So I loosend it up, and the noise got better, however it's still there somtimes.

Unfortunitly I live in the **** hole of the earth and there are NO good mechanics around for miles and miles, anyone have any idea what might be going on with the weird sound, and what I need to do to get my clutch to engage earlier on the pedal travel?

Any help is appreciated
Old 06-10-2005, 04:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CRX Clutch Adjustment (g2tegsown)

maybe its time for a new clutch cable. when my b16 was installed i had to put a new one in.