Notices

Clutch problems

Old 04-26-2009, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch problems

I have a 1990 civic dx hatch with a B18B1 LS mated to a GSR Hydro trans. I used Hapsorts cable to hydro kit thats basically levers. If your familiar wit it. well my clutch gradually got stiffer. I was using a stage1 clutch kit. It went to the point that I couldnt put it in gear cuz I adjusted the cable as far as I could. I replaced the clutch kit with a stock one and replaced the pedal assembly cuz it was bent to hell. Im able to drive the car fine but I see the pedal assembly bending again. Clutch pedal is still hard but better than it was. This time I used the other Hasport conversion kit that uses the 92-95 Civic clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder. Thinking this would solve my stiff clutch pedal problems, well it didnt. I dont know what else to do besides replacing the trans for a cable trans. Has anyone have this problem before??? Plz help. Its driving me nuts.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Clutch problems

could it be clutch fork?
Old 04-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Does it go into gear without it having to be shoved in there? grinds? like 93formula stated, it might be the fork(s). If you have a spare tranny, swap it, and see if it eleminates the problem. But for the peddle bending, is the pressure plate new or used?
Old 04-27-2009, 02:24 AM

I got everything done at Inline Pro. I drove it and everything was fine. As the clutch was breaking in, it got stiffer and stiffer to the point I had to put my whole weight on the clutch pedal. Thats when I had the stage 1 clutch. Now it had the stock clutch in it with the same lightened flywheel. The clutch pedal is softer than it was but its still kinda hard, especially for a new clutch. I replaced the throwout bearing and lubed it. The fork didnt look damaged. when I fully press down the clutch pedal, it barel disengages the clutch. Thats why the slightest change from the conversion kit. I wont be able to put it in gear. If I shoved it in. I will either take off or stall out cuz the clutch is still engaged
Old 04-27-2009, 02:30 PM

Nothing??