Notices

civic leaking sunroof (I searched)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default civic leaking sunroof (I searched)

My girlfriend has a 91 si hatch and the sunroof is leaking. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I was just wondering where I should start. What should I look at first the seal, drain tubes (if there are any)? Thanks in advance for helping me out.

Yes I did search but I think the search engine is not working right now b/c nothing cam up ( I searched for sunroof, and moonroof).
Old 01-07-2005, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: civic leaking sunroof (mathews)

try looking in the archived. But look for clogs in the drain holes.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:50 PM

Ok I found some threads on this subject but can anyone tell me how to get to the top part of the drain tubes so I can blow them out with compressed air. I read that you might have to drop the headliner is that true or is there an easier way?
Old 01-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

open up the sunroof....you can see the front drain tubes by just opening the sunroof, they are in the corners of it, and blowing compressed air isnt gonna work unless its super high powered from a jet engine...

look here man https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=758663

best thread ever, for this
best thing to do is open the sunroof and pour water in the tray, then look behind the front wheels, if water comes out then your straight for the front ones-just like me-the water usually wont go out of the back ones

if so then get in the rear, take every interior piece off of the roof of the car and then pull the headliner down like my friend did here, then unhook the rear drain tubes from the back of the sunrrof, then remove all of the rear tail light plastic and unhook the drain tubes from the bottom of where the tail lights are, in those pictures the rear drain tubes are orange.....then go to home depot and buy some tubing thats the same size or bigger and replace them, its easy it just takes a long time, especially hooking it back up....trust me this is the only thing you can do to stop it from leaking, compressed air is not gonna work

my rear drain tubes were packed with leaves like a can of skoal dip haha...anyways, i shouldve made a write up and took more pics and made a sticky but i just wanted to get the project done, and it hasnt leaked since.....
Old 01-08-2005, 12:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah my sunroof was leaking... then i fixed it. then someone stole my car by breaking the sunroof off..... now i have it mickeymoused, it doesnt leak but my trunk leks noW!!!!! damnit
Old 02-21-2005, 12:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (91efniner)

So can any1 vouch that the above method is the best to way to take care of ur leaky roof? I mean it looks like it should work. Man i hate the rain storm im going through right now..My sunroof is leakin like crzy

Also, How hard is it to take off the headliner?
Old 02-21-2005, 06:00 AM

there are two drains tubes that come out underneath the rear of the car. If i recall they are close to the wheel wells. they are hard to spot. You can take off the taillight panel form the inside and trace it down out underneath the car. That is if they are clogged at the outside which they usually are. then just use something to clean them out with.