Notices

Centre Console Parts Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Centre Console Parts Help

I've done some research on this but frankly struggled to find definitive answers to this. I have a Canadian Civic EF, the CX model (was Canada only) and it's very bare in terms of centre/shifter console. I've attached a pic of my car along with a pic of the setup I'm looking to replicate. It looks as though the shifter console piece is needed then another piece that joins the shifter to the front centre console. However it looks like the cigarette lighter piece is in a different location between mine and the other one so i'm not sure how that works?

I've read a number of threads debating as to whether JDM, EDM and USDM parts are all interchangeable and even saw someone saying Canadian parts were different form US. Can anyone clear up what specific parts I need and if they need to be from a particular market only, i'd really appreciate the help here!

Old 04-21-2018, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Centre Console Parts Help

I can't tell you exactly which model you have a picture of (EDM, JDM), but I can help narrow it down(all of this assumes that the picture you have is OEM untouched). First off, it's not a CRX because the console is tilted towards the driver in a CRX. Second off, it's a 90-91 based off the cluster. Lastly, I rule out the USDM model because it has power windows....pretty sure that was not an option for hatches. I say it must be a hatch because those are Si seats, and there never was an Si 4 door.
Hope that helps. GL
Old 04-22-2018, 01:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

You need two parts. There is the part that goes between the front seats and ends just forward of the gear shift. I think it was pretty standard on all Civics in the US. Link The one I linked to is not in very good shape. You will need all the brackets as well.

Then you need the part that effectively joins that to the dashboard. They were not used in the US. You will want one from a car with left hand drive so NOT JDM. Link There are a couple different styles, the one I linked to is different from the one you showed. These are often well over $100. The "two extra holes" in the linked item are in the upper half and the two halves do come apart so you could use your existing upper part with that lower part and the extra holes would not be an issue.

Last edited by GeoMetry; 04-22-2018 at 01:59 AM. Reason: more info
Old 04-22-2018, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GeoMetry

You need two parts. There is the part that goes between the front seats and ends just forward of the gear shift. I think it was pretty standard on all Civics in the US. Link The one I linked to is not in very good shape. You will need all the brackets as well.

Then you need the part that effectively joins that to the dashboard. They were not used in the US. You will want one from a car with left hand drive so NOT JDM. Link There are a couple different styles, the one I linked to is different from the one you showed. These are often well over $100. The "two extra holes" in the linked item are in the upper half and the two halves do come apart so you could use your existing upper part with that lower part and the extra holes would not be an issue.
Thanks a lot. So if i understand, i can use any style for the shifter piece but it would have to be a left hand drive model for the middle centre piece? The shifter doesn't look in too bad shape and i'd probably spray in blue anyway to match my interior. When you say i'd need the brackets, what exactly are they, does it not just screw in to existing holes that i'll have when I remove my current shifter console?
Old 04-22-2018, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

That is correct the shift console is symmetrical. The piece between the dash and the shift console is not symmetrical to accommodate differences between left hand drive and right hand drive. I don't know how your shift console attaches but since it is different the attachments might be different as well so if you get one from a junkyard it would make sense to pick up the brackets as well.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:56 PM
Trial User

for the armrest, you might have an easier time getting a dc4 console. if you get this then it should fit pretty close. Around my area at least, ef armrests are quite expensive.
Old 04-30-2018, 10:10 AM
Keyboard Humorist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

There are 2 'mid' consoles for the LHD.
One was rather easy to find in Canada that has a storage pocket below the ashtray.

The other is harder to find which had a slot that housed an equalizer for the premium sound system.
I had one of these and with minimal work, was able to fit a radio into this console.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Does anyone know the colour code for the blue trim I have currently? I read that it should say it in the door jam but It only lists the exterior body colour, nothing that I can see for the interior. I can take a piece of trim to a paint store I guess but knowing the exact colour would be ideal.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:18 PM
Keyboard Humorist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Interior is plastic and not painted. So there really isn't a paint code for it.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:46 PM
EFB055

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 4drEF
Interior is plastic and not painted. So there really isn't a paint code for it.
There is a colour code though however. Check this thread out:

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...2506937/page2/

Just note too; i know browns, greys and blacks changed shades between years. Not too sure about the blue though!
Old 05-02-2018, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ~sp33~
There is a colour code though however. Check this thread out:

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...2506937/page2/

Just note too; i know browns, greys and blacks changed shades between years. Not too sure about the blue though!
Thanks although now I know its Type E, its not anything I can use at a paint store to colour match. So I guess my best bet is to match it by eye
Old 05-03-2018, 01:32 PM
EFB055

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Farquea
Thanks although now I know its Type E, its not anything I can use at a paint store to colour match. So I guess my best bet is to match it by eye
Ah, i missed the end of your comment about taking it to a paint shop to match, i thought you were just trying to make sure one that you wanted to buy matched the same interior code. My bad