Notices

Car wont start sometimes and crank or do anything at all???

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car wont start sometimes and crank or do anything at all???

Ok I got a 90 civic ex sedan all stock. runs fine until a yesterday when in the morning i tried to start it and it wont crank or do anything on the first try. 2nd try it cranked right up and started. did it again on the first try when coming home where it wont crank or start. then 3nd try it started it and on my way home on the freeway the car died on me. i took off the distributor and check inside and it was a bad cap and rotor so i replaced it with new ones. tried to start it up after the new distributor and it wont crank or do nothing then on 3rd try it started right up and i drove home. now sometimes when i turn it on it will crank right up but sometimes it wont crank or turn over at all.

*can it be my starter? from what i heard if a starter is bad when you crank it up you wont hear any ticking from the starter right???

*already tried putting my key on the 2nd position and the check engine light will come on for like 3 secs and go off and i can hear the fuel pump sound so i dont think it is the fuel pump.

*dont think it's a bad main relay cuz its not hot out side its the winter still. relays tend to go bad in hot weather and bad relays car will still crank but wont turn on.

*maybe clutch switch? if so where is the clutch switch located so i can check???
Old 03-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car wont start sometimes and crank or do anything at all???

Sounds like what was wrong with my crx. Check the ignition wires could be a short. That's about all I can tell you bro. Sometimes it will connect and sometimes it won't.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:31 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

my wagon does the same thing, it hasnt really quit on me while drivin but it doesnt crank on the first time sometimes. i think it is a short somewhere.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

will i changed out to a new starter today and its starting up good now. ima wait for a couple of days to see if this is going to solve the problem. will keep u guys updated