Notices

car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car wont start

Ok so i just swapped a b16 into my crx which is obd1 and i am having trouble getting it started. at first it was a ground and moved it and then it started to turn over but it still didnt start. and now it wont even turnover anymore the starter clicks but wont turn over . checkengine light stays on but when i turn the key on and it comes on it clicks off one time and stays on after that. would that be a code or what? Im gonna try a new main relay. i am stumped on this. Oh the b16 has just been rebuilt anyhelp will be apreciated.

-Chris
Old 12-10-2004, 10:44 PM

Default Re: car wont start (silent-chris)

Check to see if you're getting any fuel or spark..
Old 12-10-2004, 11:29 PM

Default Re: car wont start (Mrspeaker)

i know im getting fuel because we forgot to put a washer on te fuel rail and it was spraying from the rail and ill check spark in the morning
Old 12-11-2004, 01:36 AM

nah its not fuel or spark, ur starter solinoid might be bad. tap it with a long extention while someone is turning the key if thats not it its either something is wrong with ur tranny so take it off and try spinning the spline with ur had if it spins something is wrong with ur bottom end but first check to c if ur battery needs to be charged
Old 12-11-2004, 02:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: car wont start (91hb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91hb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nah its not fuel or spark, ur starter solinoid might be bad. tap it with a long extention while someone is turning the key if thats not it its either something is wrong with ur tranny so take it off and try spinning the spline with ur had if it spins something is wrong with ur bottom end but first check to c if ur battery needs to be charged </TD></TR></TABLE>

huh?

while it does sound like you killed yer battery trying to start it, the rest of this diagnosis is entirely retarded, or i missed reading where you narrowed out everything else.

charge the batt., and continue from there when it works. if the batt is good and it still won't turn, then go after the grounds, starter, and the solenoid with a multimeter. i think you killed the batt. trying to start it tho.

continue along the fuel/spark route.

you know you are getting fuel to the rail, but you don't know if it is really working.

in any case, check spark 1st, as you already identified electrical issues and it's easy to pull a plug and see if it sparks. (take it out of motor, plug it in, set it on top of motor, w/ the firing end away from anything- including the hole cause there should be gas comin up it- that can ignite. have a friend crank the car while you watch the plug.)

post with findings and then go from there.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:59 PM

Default Re: car wont start (rsca_crx)

it couldnt be the battery because it is a 1 month old optima red top but i also used a friends battery and i got the same out come didnt turn over. I tapped the starter with an extension and it still didnt turn over, so i just picked up a new starter and will try and see what happens in the morning.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you hear clicking thats often a sign of the battery being dead. even a brand new battery can only cold crank so much man.

if possible use a shop car starter that plugs into a wall outlet so your running of house electricity for all that cranking instead of going through batterys.

just bc you have fuel at the rail doesnt mean the injectors are spraying the fuel as they should. check for injector pulse with a digital multimeter.

are you running obdI ecu, what injectors?
Old 12-14-2004, 07:12 AM

Default Re: car wont start (doublethink)

would it matter what kind of injectors i am using? Right now I am using a set of obd0 injectors but i have a set of ITR injectors i would like to use but they wont fit in the clips
Old 12-14-2004, 12:05 PM

ok i relocated the grounds again and now it is turning over i havent put the new starter on it yet but when i turn my car on my reverse lights stay on. but to stay on topic im not getting any spark but i am getting fuel in the cylivers but what is the wire pattern 1342 or something else
Old 12-14-2004, 01:05 PM

how many grounds are there suppose to be i have the one on the thermostat and the one off the motor to the frame are there any that i am missing??
Old 12-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is this a CRX HF?