Notices

Best resonator for Greddy SP2 muffler

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best resonator for Greddy SP2 muffler

The resonator is broken on my Greddy SP2 cat back system and trying to find different options to replace it with. I have a B20 and no cat. Really love to have as deep/throaty of a tone as possible not a screaming goat. Got a buddy who can weld so as long as the pipe diameter is close he can weld it in. Also doesn't need to be for a crx or even a Honda just needs to sound good. Their are a lot of options to chose from but one i keep seeing on post is Magnaflow resonator but don't care who the company is as long as its a quality product. Any other suggestions would be appreciated
Old 04-30-2019, 07:30 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Best resonator for Greddy SP2 muffler

Don't skimp on this.
If you have to replace it again 6 months later, it'll just be bigger headache.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't mind spending the time or the money for this. My buddy has helped me weld the exhaust system and has done good work. The resonator is 10 years old and just broke because of age. I didn't mind the way it sounded before but want to look at options that might make it sound better. I like a deep/throaty tone.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a big fan of Vibrant resonators, more specifically their ultra quiet ones (they are basically mini mufflers). I had 3" exhaust on my old N/A EM1 with a built b16, had a race cat (basically did nothing but look nice for inspection lol), two ultra quiet resonators and a vibrant stealth muffler. It sounded great, had a nice deep tone too it, at idle it sounded nearly stock and really woke up from vtec to 9k+. I got complements all the time on it, of course it barely fit in the car and I know a CRX has even less space.

If space is an issue you could look into their bottle style resonators and just get one in the length you want, typically the longer the better.

I don't have any video clips of it and I sold the car last year and the new owner totaled it so I can't get any sound clips of it.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:49 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh I see, I thought you just wanted cheaper.

I have an ebay copy of the magnsflow as my test pipe. And it's starting to come loose from the inside.
If this was a welded in piece it'd be more of a hassle to replace$$.
Other than that. Sounds good. I'll probably get the vibrant or the magnaflow to replace it.
Old 05-08-2019, 09:31 AM
Track Advocate

Originally Posted by 1999 Civic Si
I am a big fan of Vibrant resonators, more specifically their ultra quiet ones (they are basically mini mufflers). I had 3" exhaust on my old N/A EM1 with a built b16, had a race cat (basically did nothing but look nice for inspection lol), two ultra quiet resonators and a vibrant stealth muffler. It sounded great, had a nice deep tone too it, at idle it sounded nearly stock and really woke up from vtec to 9k+. I got complements all the time on it, of course it barely fit in the car and I know a CRX has even less space.

If space is an issue you could look into their bottle style resonators and just get one in the length you want, typically the longer the better.

I don't have any video clips of it and I sold the car last year and the new owner totaled it so I can't get any sound clips of it.
This. Used one on my turbo set-up and when I went back NA. Sounds amazing with no rasp and the car isn't loud at all. I used it in conjunction with a Tanabe exhaust and no cat

I don't have a video of it when it was NA, but this was when it was turbo