Notices

beside engine+tranny how much more will a k20/k24 swap cost?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beside engine+tranny how much more will a k20/k24 swap cost?

I was just wondering how much do all the little odds and ends cost when doing a k-series swap. Hmotors has k24 longblocks for ~$1000 and Iam sure a k-series tranny wouldn't be that much. How much would everything else be?

mounts
front x-member
rywire harness
etc., etc.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hope you have a 10000+ budget lets just put it that way you need the head, block, tranny, mounts, wiring, ecu, axles, shift linkage, and you need to cut a refurbish your welds for your mounts in your bay, i also believe you need to get the fuel regulator and the map sensor... Have fun

Edit: Also note that you will have a problem with the insurance company when you get in wreck, your fault or not and they total out your car for only around 600, you will have to pull it all out again if you dont want that full 10000 to go down the drain
Old 07-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't see how all that would add up to $10000+. I could be wrong though, I thought that my current turbo d16z6 project would only be a couple thousand at most and I already have over $5000 into it and still haven't "built" the engine or tranny
Old 07-17-2006, 06:54 AM

lets just say i know a guy with just a full bolt on b16 and it smokes a type s keep your b or d series
Old 07-17-2006, 08:03 AM

Default Re: (philkehn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philkehn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lets just say i know a guy with just a full bolt on b16 and it smokes a type s keep your b or d series</TD></TR></TABLE>

your a RETARD if the typeS motor was in the crx it would blow the doors off the b16 all day any day
Old 07-17-2006, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd say contact KRXBart here on honda-tech. He's in the middle of a k swap and he's spent a butt load of money. The k-series are very tempting swaps, they're new and really starting to get alot of aftermarket support but all in all I'd still have to say b-series &gt; k-series. The only thing I like about the k-series is the type r tranny that has 6 gears and tripple synchros. Like the previous guy said, stick with a b or d series.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:09 AM
#1 Super Guy

Received 123 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Re: (b16crexster)

Obviously a K series is a better motor than the B & D, but all that comes at a price. About $8-10k is the average "do-it-yourself" price because there is a lot of custom parts that MUST be used to make it work. Keep in mind that the ECU alone is $1k (K-pro).

You will have to hack up your exhaust tunnel to install the shifter. And forget driving the car lowered, the oil-pan is definently a liability...
Old 07-17-2006, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (94eg!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94eg! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Obviously a K series is a better motor than the B & D, but all that comes at a price. About $8-10k is the average "do-it-yourself" price because there is a lot of custom parts that MUST be used to make it work. Keep in mind that the ECU alone is $1k (K-pro).

You will have to hack up your exhaust tunnel to install the shifter. And forget driving the car lowered, the oil-pan is definently a liability...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ya know, everything you said is one big contradiction. Part of being the better motor is what's more cost effective. And you just said yourself that it's gonna cost at least $8-10k just to do the swap. As well, you have to hack up the car for the idiotic shifter and you can't lower the car cuz the oil pan hangs too low. And the k is supposed to be better. I don't think so. You could take the money you'd spend on just the k-swap and build an awesome b or d turbo setup that will stomp any stupid k-series.

All k-series swaps are good for, at this point, are bragging rights. Point made.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:20 AM

Default Re: (QuarterMileMaster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by QuarterMileMaster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ya know, everything you said is one big contradiction. Part of being the better motor is what's more cost effective. And you just said yourself that it's gonna cost at least $8-10k just to do the swap. As well, you have to hack up the car for the idiotic shifter and you can't lower the car cuz the oil pan hangs too low. And the k is supposed to be better. I don't think so. You could take the money you'd spend on just the k-swap and build an awesome b or d turbo setup that will stomp any stupid k-series.

All k-series swaps are good for, at this point, are bragging rights. Point made.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're opening a can of worms that doesn't need to be opened in this thread.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (88 rex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 88 rex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You're opening a can of worms that doesn't need to be opened in this thread.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Very true...
Old 07-17-2006, 10:13 AM
#1 Super Guy

Received 123 Likes on 117 Posts

What I said was "it's a better motor". My overall point, however, was that it's not necessarily a better swap...

Like anything, there is positives & negatives either way. The trick is to figure out what's more important to you & make the decision yourself...
Old 07-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (94eg!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94eg! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What I said was "it's a better motor". My overall point, however, was that it's not necessarily a better swap...

Like anything, there is positives & negatives either way. The trick is to figure out what's more important to you & make the decision yourself...</TD></TR></TABLE>

words of wisdom...
Old 07-17-2006, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by QuarterMileMaster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

All k-series swaps are good for, at this point, are bragging rights. Point made.</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHAHA

In order to not cut corners, be ready to spend 6K after the eng itself.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philkehn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lets just say i know a guy with just a full bolt on b16 and it smokes a type s keep your b or d series</TD></TR></TABLE>HAHAHA rrriiiiiiggghhhht its not in a crx
Old 07-17-2006, 12:09 PM

EFSS153

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philkehn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lets just say i know a guy with just a full bolt on b16 and it smokes a type s keep your b or d series</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dumbest comment in history.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wfocrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was just wondering how much do all the little odds and ends cost when doing a k-series swap. Hmotors has k24 longblocks for ~$1000 and Iam sure a k-series tranny wouldn't be that much. How much would everything else be?

mounts
front x-member
rywire harness
etc., etc.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do some freaking research before starting a thread like this. It's been covered a million times, there are even entire forum websites dedicated to it.

http://www.google.com
http://www.ask.com
http://www.dogpile.com
http://www.yahoo.com
http://www.searchyoulazymofo.com