Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda CRX / EF Civic (1988 - 1991) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-crx-ef-civic-1988-1991-3/)
-   -   b18b into ef specific questions (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-crx-ef-civic-1988-1991-3/b18b-into-ef-specific-questions-2714371/)

93hatcheg 01-20-2010 02:38 PM

b18b into ef specific questions

does anyone have pics of a b18b in a ef hatch.

what correct parts are needed for the motor to be bar'd?

my set up has a custom wire harness that i know nothing about, pr4 ecu, stock b18b, and is installed in the car

are there any specail tricks are peices that are needed for it to run right? let me know im building the car for my little bro and he is stoked. thanks for all the help

D16SiHatch 01-20-2010 06:03 PM

Re: b18b into ef specific questions

You just have to make sure the car is tuned up and in real good running shape. So long as you are using stock exhaust, intake, etc you shouldn't encounter too much trouble.

93hatcheg 01-20-2010 06:11 PM

yea but see i wanna get it bar'd so everything has to be prefect dont it?

also does the pr4 ecu use ALL the sensors on the b18b block?

D16SiHatch 01-20-2010 06:17 PM

So long as it's not an obd2 engine then yea all sensors will be needed.

projekt90ef 01-20-2010 06:36 PM

u gotta pass smog with the original stock exhaust an cat converter. dont buy any JDM engines they wont pass...u gotta take it to the ref...usually theyll be at a community college. they smog it for u and give it a visual check to see if the motor is all stock (not even fuel rails,intakes,cams, stuff like that....and yes they know what theyre lookin for so dont think u can let a few mods slide) my buddy did it an hes ridin clean....even when the cops pull him over he juz shows them the BAR sticker an they cant do nothn about it cuz its legit

93hatcheg 01-21-2010 08:11 AM

yea see thats what i wanna do for my lil bro

i found out that the only CEL is for the crank angle position sensor ima fix that and see whats up.

also this is where im confused. the wiring harness the car has is plugged into a resistor box for the injectors...the injectors in a b18b dont use a resistor box i thought?
so i was gonna order obd0 b16 injectors for it but the plugs on the harness are for the obd1 injectors.....

so my only solution is to swap out the injectors and swap the injector plugs on the harness to match the obd0 injectors.... what do you all think?

xalents23 01-21-2010 09:35 AM

Here is a picture of my 1991 CRX with a B18B in it. The CRX engine bay should be the same as your Civic hatch. As others have stated you should get a US motor to get it bar'd. And remember to run a US spec ECU.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...RXEngine-1.jpg

D16SiHatch 01-21-2010 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by 93hatcheg (Post 41313667)
also this is where im confused. the wiring harness the car has is plugged into a resistor box for the injectors...the injectors in a b18b dont use a resistor box i thought?
so i was gonna order obd0 b16 injectors for it but the plugs on the harness are for the obd1 injectors.....

so my only solution is to swap out the injectors and swap the injector plugs on the harness to match the obd0 injectors.... what do you all think?

if they are obd1 injectors then just delete the resistor box. problem solved. remove the box from the car, and solder the 5 wires going to the box to eachother. that's all you have to do.

93hatcheg 01-21-2010 05:43 PM

ok then it willl be cheaper for me to delete the resistor box and rewire for sure....the only question is will it pass the referee like that... i mean of course i would tape it all up and make it look factory but they are pretty smart guys

can you show me a diagram of how to rewire the injector wires cause that would help soooo much

as for the pic that was awesome i greatly apprecaite it and yea its the same bay. i definatly got US spec motor and ecu so i should be good there. im concerned about doing this exactly right because i need to get it bar'd for my lil bro he lives in sac and doesnt need to be hassled by the cops it just stresses my mom out

93hatcheg 01-22-2010 05:02 PM

bump!

fcjohnny 01-22-2010 05:18 PM

Are you using the od0 dizzy off of the b18a or obd1 dizzy, if your using the obd1 dizzy are you using a jumper harness? If so, as far as I know of you cannot BAR it with the jumper harness. Correct me if I am wrong, I am not 100% certain.

Creator 01-22-2010 08:12 PM

If you already have OBD0 injectors on it then you can keep the resistor box. I know nothing of the smog and bar deal (live in VA). I do know that having the resistor box or not depends on the injectors only. PR4 is the correct ECU for an LS or B18B1.

Creator 01-22-2010 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ohh yea, it's a mess but here it is

projekt90ef 01-22-2010 09:36 PM

before u change anything permanently tho, u can go to the ref and talk to them. ask them the same questions, cuz honestly, even tho the above commentors know WAY more then i know about all this emmisions BS, the refs know EVERYTHING. theyll give you some good tips for what to do before you bring it to them for the inspection. just think of them as some kind of emmissions counselor in a state full of tree huggin communists. at least thats what i would do

codybuRr 04-25-2012 10:06 AM

just wanted to bump and throw up a picture of my bay.
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/187...6334951810.jpg