Notices

axle seal and cv boot issue on driver side axle

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default axle seal and cv boot issue on driver side axle

In preperation for the turbo kit i'm building I installed my exedy stage 1 clutch and pressure plate last weekend as well as 2 brand new axles. I also got some brand new seals for both the driver and passenger axles.

The passenger side axle went in fine leak free and all but the driver side axle will not seal properly and it will leak out the full 2.4 qts of oil in about 2 hours.

I tried to push the axle seal on the driver side in a bit more and it still leaks so I think it might be in too deep. I will probably pull it out a bit this week but I think i screwed something up in my driver side axle.

I pulled it out of the tranny by pulling on it before using a pry bar and now the cv boot feels like its full of air or something. You can also feel that everything inside is all loose. When I squeeze the end and the middle of the axle against each other the boot doesnt compress like it should and the 2 parts inside the boot only turn together when I squeeze it like that. If I just hold it normally horizontally without touching the end that goes in the tranny it just bends all the way down at the boot like the 2 parts inside arent connected.

Should I open the boot to try and release the air so it compresses like it should normally?

I suck
Old 03-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: axle seal and cv boot issue on driver side axle (Mr_ET)

can anyone help?