Notices

Long drawn out rat sedan build

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long drawn out rat sedan build

Hey guys what's goody. I figured I'd just dive in. This is my 91 Civic LX. Paid 500 for it, stock, down to the hubcaps. Burning oil like mad. Have gradually "personalized" it, as you can see. Doing maintenance work and fixing random thinhgs. Love it or hate it, inb4 ricer fitment. 1000 miles on a new D15. Mpfi swap soon. After that mild boost, probably a GT20 or some other tiny wheel. I'm only looking for about 180hp or so, out of this block anyway. It's my daily, I'd like to maintain some reliability on those pencil rods. A GSR swap is an eventuality but I haven't come across a screaming deal on one yet. So if anyone in the vicinity of Vegas, Salt lake, or southern Idaho, has said GSR, or some complete D16 for my MPFI swap, let me know. Suggestions and questions welcome. Will post more as I get more parts and do more work.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Long drawn out rat sedan build

Update: Found the Boomslang website, reading around, people say that their MPFI/OBD harnesses work well if you follow the instructions to the letter. Two birds, one stone and all that. 130 bucks isn't bad, think I'll order one this weekend and browse to see if I can find an engine to build. Now to decide whether I want to spend less and do a d series build (D15b7) or just go straight to a B18.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I like it! love the wheels and tires.. We're doing a 91 si hatch for a circle track car right now. We have to keep it fairly stock as far as drivetrain etc. but wanna do a street version next, no rules then! ..Always liked the sedans.. keep it up!
Old 01-20-2017, 04:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

welcome and nice and different
Old 04-06-2017, 04:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's been a minute and I've had some things come up since I posted last, this project has ended up on the back burner cause I lent the car to a buddy in need. I had hit a chunk of ice on the highway, bent my core support pretty bad, and I guess cracked my rad too cause buddy reported that's it has a small leak. Also the distributor has decided that it wants to send spark to #3 whenever it chooses, so it's getting fired and a new one is on the way.
Just bought a Z6 Mani/rail/injectors for 65 bucks on egay, cheap aluminum radiator is on the way as well. I'll be taking a rubber mallet to my core support when I install that.
So for real this time, when bills are paid, I'm gonna be getting the boomslang harness and an OBD1 ECU.
Other news includes a free Del Sol, a free 94 Accord whenever I get around to getting my gf's hatch on the road. Guinea pigs to toy with later.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Found a cracked/burned up dizzy rotor, new diz came less a cap and rotor. Sooooo I had to order another one. It's always the little things.