Notices

Aftermath Hatch's Build Thread....

Old 12-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermath Hatch's Build Thread....

Ok guys been waiting to do this,so here we go. Pick this car up for nothing guy gave her to me for fixing his stereo in his hatch.Been haveing this car for about two years now.Didn't do alot with it the first year cause I had another project going with a converted RHD crx,which is sold now so been working on the hatch enjoy!

Don't have alot of pics. from when I first got her this is the oldest pic I have nothing done really just lowered with gram lights,lowered on some ebay springs.

Pic. with the CRX before anything was really done.

Ok then went ahead and relocated battery to the rear and got a new Optima yellow top for that. I don't like this and will be putting back in the front soon with an Oddssey Battery. As you can see also nothing has been done to the motor yet.

05/15/09 Time for some paint.

Was in a rush to get her done for Scrapin da'coast in left paint shop and headed staight there pic. was about 5 min. before we left. Put the Mugen's off the crx to go to the coast, had to sell them with the crx I miss those rims.Also put the VIS carbon fiber hood on.

This was at the coast.

Put a crx dash in with carbon fiber console and NRG streeling wheel with quick release and integra cluster.

Also put put Q-form kick panels in with new carpet from www.stockinteriors.com couldn't get my hands on oem carpet,and black GSR leather seats.

Recently put suede headliner and S2K start button in.

About to start with the motor stuff thinkin about b18c5 motor or k20 not sure yet,but I'll try to keep you guys up to date with things.

Last edited by Aftermath_Hatch; 12-14-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Aftermath Hatch's Build Thread....

Fresh EF, Two thumbs up.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Very clean =D
Old 12-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice lil hatch, only other EF I have seen with GSR's both front and rear besides mine. Hey how is that carpet from stockinteriors? I was thinking about getting one for mine. Is it 2 piece or one piece, and how is the fitment and plushness?
Old 12-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Carpet fits ok stock would have been alot better,but couldn't get my hands on a new Honda carpet. All in all I'm happy with it. One piece.

Last edited by Aftermath_Hatch; 04-05-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:10 AM

....clean bro
Old 12-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks NIIIIIIICE. same color my hatch used to be, and will be, again. i'm pretty much loving everything about your build. i'm about to convert my dash to a 90-91 style so i can run my teggy cluster so i can see it.

question, did you make your head liner like that? or did you buy it off some one? i'm wanting to re do my head liner as well and i love suede.

just a suggestion, since i didn't see anything about it in your thread thus far, is get some security. you've put some work into making this thing nice, and being that there's a lot of "my ___________ was stolen" threads popping up, it'd be a shame to see this parted and stripped.

how do you like the leathers? i have gsr cloth rear seats, and am looking for a set of either em1 si's, ls's or (preferably) a pair of gsr cloth front seats to mate into my car
Old 12-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn that is a minty hatch. the only thing that kills me is the steering wheel, and how the hell can you work the clutch with those speakers in the way? I have big feet so that wouldnt be an option for me lol. did you have to any custom fabricating to get that integra cluster in? im thinkin about doing the same to my si.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DCRB
looks NIIIIIIICE. same color my hatch used to be, and will be, again. i'm pretty much loving everything about your build. i'm about to convert my dash to a 90-91 style so i can run my teggy cluster so i can see it.

question, did you make your head liner like that? or did you buy it off some one? i'm wanting to re do my head liner as well and i love suede.

just a suggestion, since i didn't see anything about it in your thread thus far, is get some security. you've put some work into making this thing nice, and being that there's a lot of "my ___________ was stolen" threads popping up, it'd be a shame to see this parted and stripped.

how do you like the leathers? i have gsr cloth rear seats, and am looking for a set of either em1 si's, ls's or (preferably) a pair of gsr cloth front seats to mate into my car
Did the headliner myself,also have a very nice clifford alarm in her and she sleeps in my shop at night,love the leather seats really give the car a lil class,thanx for the comments!
Old 12-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by prelude182
damn that is a minty hatch. the only thing that kills me is the steering wheel, and how the hell can you work the clutch with those speakers in the way? I have big feet so that wouldnt be an option for me lol. did you have to any custom fabricating to get that integra cluster in? im thinkin about doing the same to my si.
The kick panel never get in the way of my feet,and for the cluster had to re-pin some stuff but all in all wasn't that hard. What was hard was to belive how good a 98 integra cluster fit in a 91 dash.Thanx for the comments!
Old 12-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Aftermath_Hatch
Did the headliner myself,also have a very nice clifford alarm in her and she sleeps in my shop at night,love the leather seats really give the car a lil class,thanx for the comments!
Cool, thanks. I will have to order that along with my sound insulation and get it all knocked out at once!
Old 12-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Clipsed
Cool, thanks. I will have to order that along with my sound insulation and get it all knocked out at once!
Forgot to put that in there I also dynomated the whole roof before the headliner went back in made a big diff. in road noise.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Touching My Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very Nice! I need new carpet as well.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:57 PM

Fresh paint and speaker pods look great mang!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice! And thanks for the picture of the carpet - finally something convincing!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanx everyone for the postive feed back,I will keep this up to date as much as I can.I do work full time all week except sundays,but will do what I can. Anyway got the new wheels in 15 inch rota grids,not the best on the block ,but all I can really spend right now.Waiting for tires which will be Falkin Azeins 615's and Skunk 2 camber kit. Here a pic. of the rims.

I know they look like the gramlights but I wanted a 15" rim and grams were 16" for the money I sold them for got these and a camber kit,The gram's needed tires to so I think I got a deal.These will work till I find that pair of Volk TE37's.Something esle I totally forgot to munch,I also put rear disc on her to I'll get a pic. of that after I put the rims on,but you can see them in pic. above with the gramlights.

Last edited by Aftermath_Hatch; 12-15-2009 at 04:51 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

camber kits are over rated. just get a good alignment and call it a day

oh and if i may make a suggestion, i did this on my car, you should install some key less door handles (rear door handles from a sedan) and hook up your key less entry if you haven't all ready. looks clean and is an additional theft prevention
Old 12-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DCRB
camber kits are over rated. just get a good alignment and call it a day

oh and if i may make a suggestion, i did this on my car, you should install some key less door handles (rear door handles from a sedan) and hook up your key less entry if you haven't all ready. looks clean and is an additional theft prevention
Well consider that thanx.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:44 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Im curious about the carpet, the dont really have anything for the civic/crx on that site you mentionned, did you just buy a roll of carpet then cut to fit?? Im curious how you moulded it any everything
Old 12-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Vagitarian
Im curious about the carpet, the dont really have anything for the civic/crx on that site you mentionned, did you just buy a roll of carpet then cut to fit?? Im curious how you moulded it any everything
I called them and they said they had the molded carpet for the car sent me out a simple piece,checked it out and then bought it, again it's not factory,but is molded for the car could it fit better yes but i'm happy with it.I just couldn't rock the who bare floor thing so this was my only opt. Try this link....
http://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCa...10&ModelId=233

Last edited by Aftermath_Hatch; 12-15-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Te37 = win
Old 12-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice style !!! gsr leather seat make the interior look a lot newer. Keep it up !
Old 12-20-2009, 09:17 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by Aftermath_Hatch
I called them and they said they had the molded carpet for the car sent me out a simple piece,checked it out and then bought it, again it's not factory,but is molded for the car could it fit better yes but i'm happy with it.I just couldn't rock the who bare floor thing so this was my only opt. Try this link....
http://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCa...10&ModelId=233
Oh wow how did I not see that!! Thanks for the link

Im curious how the carpet didnt fit, like was it just not moulded correctly or a little out of place. I wanna buy that carpet tomorrow if i hear back on what flaws to expect.

Appreciate it
Old 12-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Touching My Member

I'm considering this myself. New carpet would be great.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow man that leather interior fits it PERFECT

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aftermath Hatch's Build Thread....