Notices

Where to put guages in a crx????

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where to put guages in a crx????

Hey guys I am in need of some guages and have held off since i cant find a good place to put them. I dont want them on the pillar because that is ricey. I have seen in 96-00 civics they make a bezel that goes in by the guage cluster that looks clean. do they have this for a crx? where do u all put ut guages? Any pics? Thanks
Old 05-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Rainman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Where to put guages in a crx???? (TurboEM1)

glove box man, angled to driver, good place for the tune plug ins too, theives dont see it....dont show, it wont go...in the night that is.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a custom job i did...
Old 05-04-2006, 04:54 PM

mymeatb18

Default Re: (b16carbonrex)

well this is if you dont have ac controls (meaning no ac) my friend had a messed up cf hood so i cut out a plate that was just the size of the ac controls din and i made a circle with permanent marker on the back then i dremmeled it out just enough so that the guage would sit snug and you could probably fit like 3 guages there i dont know i only had 1 but deffinitely looked gangster for the time i had my rex
Old 05-04-2006, 05:05 PM

Same thing here glove box. Looks clean and never seen. I have seen folks put them in cut outs along the dash over the glove box too though.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mymeatb18")

The radio din panel

it can hold up to three gauges depending on their size.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rexman)

anything to keep the climate control , radio and vents? I dont want them in the glovebox bc then u cant see them easily
Old 05-04-2006, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Where to put guages in a crx???? (TurboEM1)

Here is a console i made for my guages you loose the ashtray and lighter its actualy for sale cuase im doing a custom cluster now. Cut to hold 5 2 1/16 gauges but can be made to hold the larger 2 inch guages if wanted.

Old 05-04-2006, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

guy on here makes din plates just for guages for 20 i think. fits perfect look sclean. its made out of aluminuim or cf.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TurboEM1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboEM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anything to keep the climate control , radio and vents? I dont want them in the glovebox bc then u cant see them easily</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you realize that you are ruling out all the logical and most reasonable places for gauges??

There are only so many places to put them while within the approximatey of your vision.

And unless your building a "show car",
expletive that "put them in the glovebox" ****, that is just plain stupid.

Here are the obvious choices:

1. A pillar
2. Radio Din Panel
3. Climate control panel

Anything else will have to be fabbed.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rexman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rexman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Do you realize that you are ruling out all the logical and most reasonable places for gauges??

There are only so many places to put them while within the approximatey of your vision.

And unless your building a "show car",
expletive that "put them in the glovebox" ****, that is just plain stupid.

Here are the obvious choices:

1. A pillar
2. Radio Din Panel
3. Climate control panel

Anything else will have to be fabbed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know I am pretty much ruling everything out. I just want to hear all the options now and ill pick the best one for the guages.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm making a din plate tonight actually for a customers car. Removing the radio and installing 3 Autometer gauges.
My personal car I put my turbo timer in the ash tray spot, Voltmeter in the cig. lighter spot and will probably use a pillar pod for my A/F and boost.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (The Lobster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Lobster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">guy on here makes din plates just for guages for 20 i think. fits perfect look sclean. its made out of aluminuim or cf.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Enter me...I sell those plates they are aluminum and I charge $15 shipped for them. VtecKillenZc and I are working on something else but I can't tell anyone yet.

This is an aluminum back with a black plastic plate on the front to make it blend with the interior. This is in VtecKillenZC car and his gauges.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (CRX Toad)

i wish some one would make one for the steering columns. i have mine on the a pillar and it keeps falling down does anyone elso have that problem? maybe my car is too fast
Old 05-05-2006, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HT Chaplin)

You can get radio din panels on ebay for like $10.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HT Chaplin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> maybe my car is too fast </TD></TR></TABLE>

RIGHT!!!!

I do like the steering column idea. You might be able to get the single pod mounted on there.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CRX Toad)

Put them where you can see them the best while driving. Who cares if the A-pillar is "ricey"? It's FUNCTIONAL.

Seriously, if you NEED the gauges you are installing and not just doing it for rice purposes, then you need to put them where they are the most visible.

I don't like the glove box idea, or putting them below your stereo on the center console. What good is that going to do if you are racing and loose oil pressure? You sure as hell aren't going to notice because you are going to be looking forward and BAM, bye bye engine because you didn't see what happened. Which totally negates the purpose of having gauges in the first place.

I am planning on putting oil pressure and water temp gauges in pods right on my dash to the right of the stock cluster. That way I can see them when I'm racing.

Anyways, I think the A-pillar is probably the most functional place to put them. That's where I had my boost, oil pressure, and wideband o2 on my last turbo setup, and they were in the field of vision enough for me to see if something went wrong.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:51 AM
Rainman

Default Re: (EJ1 wilcox)

yup, into real racing, lone of sight, but dude didnt specify, if your ricing your car then put em wherever you freakin want, if you street race then hide em in the glove, if you are truly serious then put em on top of your cluster housing......or A PILLER.....just dont fake it like a teenager
Old 05-05-2006, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SIred91)

my people put the boost gauge,oil pressure and tachometer on the hood..then the wideband reader right behind the steering wheel..
Old 05-05-2006, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mr.speaker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.speaker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my people put the boost gauge,oil pressure and tachometer on the hood...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old Skool!!!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mr.speaker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.speaker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my people put the boost gauge,oil pressure and tachometer on the hood..then the wideband reader right behind the steering wheel..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Gangster
Old 05-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EJ1 wilcox)

The guages are not for rice. They will definately be a boost guage and oil pressure guage. and maybe a water temp guage. I definately want them in view not in the glovebox. I am really looking for some that go above or by the cluster but have yet to find that.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboEM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The guages are not for rice. They will definately be a boost guage and oil pressure guage. and maybe a water temp guage. I definately want them in view not in the glovebox. I am really looking for some that go above or by the cluster but have yet to find that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Have someone mold them into your cluster cover on top.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hell yea i want the ones like they sell for the coupes has the 2 gauges in the gauge brezel.

btw i never have a prob with my guge pod on the apiller cause its like though bolted with small screw and nut.i didnt use the things that came with it.there junk.

i like the one i got from crxtoad looks nice and fit good.u dont even need the brakects that comes with the guage to hold it on. very good part.
thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vteckillenzc)

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it on the car (because it's not on my car right now..) Here was it on my 91. Not a good pic though.

Quick Reply: Where to put guages in a crx????