Notices

2.2 i-CTDi

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2.2 i-CTDi

Anyone know much about this engine and possiblilities of putting in in our cars? what about availability?

http://paultan.org/archives/20...ment/

this would be the coolest engine to swap into a crx and run biodiesel!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Pirate General...YARRRR

Default Re: 2.2 i-CTDi (whiteknightef)

If you have to ask, it's not going to happen.

/Harsh truth.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2.2 i-CTDi (***$nyper)

? not sure what you mean but im asking for REAL help not mumbo jumbo. Im in the biodiesel grad program at UI and i need some answers thats all. If you dont have them move on.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If your in college or uni (whatever it is like in the states) then you should be able to search and come up with your own answers.

But I can assume you need to fab mounts, axles, wiring, linkages, blah blah blah. Think K style swaps.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ludesrv)

well i think ive had it with this forum. I never get any good feed back!. There is always someone try to degrade another person's interest or project and i think that someone with real inteligence should post.

I HAVE SEARCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS WHY I PROVIDED A link you DONKEYs.

MODERATOR GET THESE GUYS OF MY BACK. this is a tech forum and im asking a tech question some someone give good info or dont at all.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol at the i-CTDi Advertisement video

that would def. be cool to see that in a crx though, cuz I am a fan of diesel

Slap a turbo on that thing and it would be a little whistling crx!

Tight
Old 10-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (whiteknightef)

we make biodiesel here at UI and i want to keep my crx and not have to buy a VW for 15,000 plus odd dollars
Old 10-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wonder if they use the K-series plat form because its in an accord and the cr-v which both have k24's. They also use a 6-speed manual which i bet is a k-series transmission.

Modified by whiteknightef at 8:47 PM 10/26/2007
Old 10-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wikipedia the engine and see what kind of platform it's based on. I'd do it for you, but I'm at work.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats cool thanks i always forget about WIKI
Old 10-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think diesel CRX would be cool but as I said in PM. Would be hard to convert a vehicle that never was in any trim a diesel vehicle. If it can be done would love to see it.

I love my 444ci of diesel power, I think that might be a tad too big for the engine bay of a CRX though. An INT'L motor sticking out the hood might scare people.

I guess find the platform would be the first good spot to check. I wish Americans would get over the stigma of diesels as being dirty and smelly as they are very efficient motors.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i looked and its called the N22A2 which there is no other basis or info about it. i dont think honda would make a whole new tranny for a whole new motor. I think they used the k-series 6speed manual. They put this motor in the EuroR accord so i think its about the size of a k-series engine. its a 4 cyl so my new question is does anyone think it will fit in a crx. I can't think of a honda 4 cyl thats not possible to fit in a crx.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

diesel(N22A2)+Biofuel = National fuel independance = USA national self preservation of ecomomy = No one owns the US fuel prices.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

As I got more thinking about it. This would be one cool project. Are these engines only available in the European market?

Lets get Hasport goin on some mounts yo!
Old 10-28-2007, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (KrenzyRyan)

i already wrote hasport and im waiting to here from them. I'd really like to get as many people on this as possible. There are alot of people that would rather have our honda's than a VW.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alot of the problems would be in selcting correct fuel management equipment. Like fuel filters, possibble fuel lines due to high pressures of 30-45kpsi. its a huge possiblility that a new gas tank would have to be installed too. Just some tech to keep people thinking!
Old 10-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here is some of the best information i have found!

<U>http://www.hondaukmedia.co.uk/protected/presspacks/automobiles/accord/ictdi/pack.htm</U>
Old 10-29-2007, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

For fitment:

Please remember that diesel have ALOT more components in the engine bay then gasoline engines. They require different filters, seperators and a few more things to make then efficient and legal.

You might want to call your local ministry of transportation and ask them if you could register a non-diesel vehicle in the diesel class. Tell them it's a university project. I've found that there is many loop holes in the government when it comes to school projects, especially if you actually have a teachers support.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (KrenzyRyan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KrenzyRyan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Lol at the i-CTDi Advertisement video

that would def. be cool to see that in a crx though, cuz I am a fan of diesel

Slap a turbo on that thing and it would be a little whistling crx!</TD></TR></TABLE>

"The 2.2-litre i-CTDi engine produces 138bhp at 4000rpm and an impressive 250lb ft of torque from as little as 2000rpm. It features four valves per cylinder, common rail injection, a turbocharger and it has an all-aluminium block."

Reading comprehension much?

It would be an interesting project, I would also love to see it, but it is new territory. I do not know of a single project doing this, hence response's like Max's above. We're not "on your back" we're just being honest, it hasn't been done, it will be custom, and it would be a pain in the ***. The first of anything is rarely reliable or easily done.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Haha, I had this idea a month ago and never posted cause I was trying to research it. I thought i was being original. Oh well.

Definitely going to need to make your own mounts, and will involve some fab work. But if you have a garage and a welder you can do it.

I have a bio-diesel filling station next to where I live and that's what got me thinking.

Subscribed
Old 10-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ridgeapd)

ya but 99% of the bio-diesel filling stations are only 5-10% true biodiesel. We make 100% biodiesel. Usually they mix 95-90% with regular shitty sulfer filled diesel with 5-10% bio-diesel and sometimes just ethanol.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ludesrv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For fitment:

Please remember that diesel have ALOT more components in the engine bay then gasoline engines. They require different filters, seperators and a few more things to make then efficient and legal.

You might want to call your local ministry of transportation and ask them if you could register a non-diesel vehicle in the diesel class. Tell them it's a university project. I've found that there is many loop holes in the government when it comes to school projects, especially if you actually have a teachers support.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wont have a problem, most places in the US have no DEQ or emissions checks and i'll just register it as a regular crx!!!! for fitment and other equipment i already know about that thats why i posted about the fuel system and other components needed for the diesel change over. Also bio-diesel doesnt require strick system components.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm a service writer at a "green" company in seattle that buys, sells, and services gas, diesel, bio-diesel and electric cars. We also install waste vegtible oil kits on all diesels and convert diesel engines to bio diesel. One of the most popular things we do is converting GAS vw vanogens and volvo 240's to bio-diesel. We get a used engine from germany out of a jetta that is a 1.9 turbo diesel for the vanogens. People LOVE these things and they sell for $15-19k with 200-300k miles!!! (we have a lot of smelly hippies in seattle ) We replace the headgasket, timing belt, rebuild injection pump, all new pads and rotors, almost everything.

About a month ago we started getting calls about this conversion, the new accord diesel into a civic. After research, it was found that you'd be spending between 15-20k maybe even more to get it installed, shipped and such.

We are going to wait until the motor is availible here in the US or until one falls into our lap for an awesome price, so we can do the actual conversion and see if we can start doing this conversion and make it cost-effective to the buyer. We full heartedly agree with your statement of people wanting something other than a VW to run bio-diesel, probably the only reason i don't run it right now. haha. I know for a FACT that my techs would also appreciate working on honda's rather than mercedes, VW, and volvos all day

I already plan on doing a build thread for this when we actually get to it, and might donate my car to recieve the powerplant.... If not, WhiteKnight, you get first dibs on buying it!

I will also show this thread to my supiriors so show them there is a lot of intrest.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2.2 i-CTDi (loudandlow)

i would love to get maybe sponsored by your company and advertise!!! I would be able to pay for most of it but i'd like to really work close with you guys for help that would be cool. By the way we are able to run bio-diesel with out any conversions now. keep me posted on your progress
Old 10-29-2007, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

PM'D

bio conversions consist of removing all natural rubber fuel lines and pumps if they use rubber lines. Bio will eat right through them!

And we sell B99, 99% bio because if it were 100, it would not be hybrid fuel which means we'd have to charge road tax. I thought it was state tax and your in eastern washington right? how much is your bio?

Modified by loudandlow at 3:13 PM 10/29/2007

Quick Reply: 2.2 i-CTDi