Notices

15 years and counting - Bryces crx build

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 15 years and counting - Bryces crx build

Great build. I just got these delivered - CE28 Club Racers in 15x7 +38; this is the only color combo they make them in at that size. Would have liked to have another color, but they'll do. Ordered them from Evasive at the very end of 2018; this short of a timeframe was a bit of a surprise. Just to give you a feel for a Volk option that's out there. Just got the tires put on today, but not on the CRX yet.
Good luck with the rest of the build.

Old 05-10-2019, 10:15 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

Bryce, the CRX is looking legendary man. Every time I see more pics I want to do things to mine to freshen it up more!

Originally Posted by tommycrx
Great build. I just got these delivered - CE28 Club Racers in 15x7 +38; this is the only color combo they make them in at that size. Would have liked to have another color, but they'll do. Ordered them from Evasive at the very end of 2018; this short of a timeframe was a bit of a surprise. Just to give you a feel for a Volk option that's out there. Just got the tires put on today, but not on the CRX yet.
Good luck with the rest of the build.
Those look sweet. I like the color other than the machined lip, would be a little better all one color but what can ya do.

I'm looking into a set of gunmetal or hyperblack wheels myself, although I can't afford Volks. Wondering if 15x8 +20 would be too much on a rex.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree with you - would have liked to have ordered one color in mag blue, bright red, hyper gold, green - any of the more interesting Volk colors. I guess I could get them powdercoated, but just got them and going to wait it out and see if I want to change things up a year from now.
Old 05-11-2019, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2x0
Bryce, the CRX is looking legendary man. Every time I see more pics I want to do things to mine to freshen it up more!

Those look sweet. I like the color other than the machined lip, would be a little better all one color but what can ya do.

I'm looking into a set of gunmetal or hyperblack wheels myself, although I can't afford Volks. Wondering if 15x8 +20 would be too much on a rex.
Thank you so much! Just enjoy it as you have been, you may be jealous of my clean bay, but I'm wishing I could be putting miles on it like you have been. If you are going to take on a refresh project, rent a shop for the winter to tackle it to reduce down time, IT IS SO WORTH IT in our area.

Both colors would look great on a white car! 15x8 +20 is really aggressive for the rear, you would have to run a skinny tire plus roll + camber.

My plan is to pick up another set of Konigs in bronze for the time being 15x7 +35, run a 225/45/15 RS4 up front, and a 205 rear since I don't want to roll my brand new quarters.

In other news, looking at this tomorrow to add to my pile of Hondas THE DREAM!

30k miles, 5 speed...
Old 05-11-2019, 05:15 PM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Wtf dude

Turbo eg + turbo crx + s2000 + nsx is literally my dream fleet!

That thing looks perfect
Old 05-12-2019, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2x0
Wtf dude

Turbo eg + turbo crx + s2000 + nsx is literally my dream fleet!

That thing looks perfect
Same here, my garage is going to start looking like a Grand Turismo car selection screen.

The NSX is still a maybe. I'm going to inspect it today, then drive it, inspect it again next week. It has a prior salvage in 99 so I want to look everything over super careful before making an offer. It's been sitting in that garage for 20 years only being driven 5k miles in that time period.

CRX is coming back from the fab shop today finally.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:02 PM
EFB055

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Goodluck on the NSX, absolute dream machine.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Vibrant Vanjen 3 clamp installed to the TB, Vibrant overflow tank mounted to a bracket for the oem fuel filter, DP fixed, Dump tube extended.

Shes getting close boys.
Old 05-20-2019, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

NSX update: Made offer waiting on seller to respond. Driving a NSX is amazing, the car feels brand new besides the lack of power steering.

Coil on plug will be installed once car starts with the old dizzy. I don't want to over complicate the first startup with another layer to troubleshoot.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Updates!

Ended up passing on the NSX, found some issues that made me uncomfortable. Plus at 6'2 I don't really fit in the car very well without really leaning the seat all the way back in a weird position.

Trying to sell my 2018 Civic Si if any of you would like one with 1k miles on it (Going back to a 8th gen daily. I enjoy 8th gens a little too much + they are cheap as hell)

My goal is to finish the CRX to drive it to a party on the 4th of July so I don't have much time to waste on that project. Hoping to start the engine for the first time next week.

I have 3 more roadracing events for the S2000 along with a pile of parts to toss on it before the next one. Hopefully I can pull it off at the same time as the CRX.

The Zero engine got pulled. The GSR is getting a HG, ARP head studs, and a good much-needed cleaning before being tossed back in the shell. (2020 project) Hoping to make it AWD and/or Kswap.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:34 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job on the build. I like your choice on power. Keep those tires... I suggest new wheels. The paint looks fresh. The body work looks awesome. Curious about the interior.. how are the seats and door panels??? Times??

This daily? or Track?? GJ with the b18a1.. integra 90.. GJ nice turbo w/o the vtec.. you can always up to the b18.. or the b18b.. 94+ integra.. i little more top heavy. Same process. if you are fabulous and want to jum VTEC.. go C5

Old 06-11-2019, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks! Its about time I can work on the cars again! Been gone mountain biking around the US at all the famous bike trails! (If you followed on IG you saw this 10 day adventure)

Checking off the final things on my list before attempting 1st startup. The goal is still the 4th of July

Detailed the winter beater/bike hauler.

Washed the dirty s2k, and got it ready for a track event this Friday. This event will the be the shake down for Gridlife Pikes peak. I keep updating this car fixing small issues dialing it in more.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:22 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice duuude. I'd love to go mountain biking with some of the peeps in here. As long as you hae treachourd the 'famous' ones.. its all about summer man..
Old 06-14-2019, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Here is a picture of my bike just for you OPsiCivic. Specialized Carbon Camber FSR EVO that is modified.

!!CRX UPDATE!!

Going through the final checklist to start the car.

Found out my Oddssey PC680 a $150 battery has died after a little over a year. This is common now with the PC680 so buyer beware. I'm a cheap *** so rebuying parts I already considered "done" really pisses me off.

Replaced the fuel pump with a Walbro 255, everything came apart easy so that was very lucky! I did not even drop the tank, just tilted it enough to take out the pump and replace.

Fluids are added, all the clamps are in place, vacuum hoses are ran. ITS CLOSE BOYS!
Old 06-14-2019, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I called James from Ktuned, he told me they run the ATX20 battery.

https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...-oem/atx20-rs/

4-pound battery, lithium ion, has drain safety.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

SHE RUNS BOYS!

Went for the first test drive last night. We started data logging/street tuning to get it drivable.

Once my trim is finished getting painted I can assemble the car for the last time.
Old 06-17-2019, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Super stoked for the Crx to be finished. She. Is. A. Beauty!
Old 06-22-2019, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

DONT MIND THE WHEELS, just rollers till my new ones show up.

I got all the trim on the car painted SEM satin black.

Re-assembly

Still need to figure out a better overflow tank. My rad stay doesn't fit with the usdm hood so I have to figure out the top stay.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wheels should arrive tomorrow! Tires have arrived, 225/45/15 RS4, 205/50/15 Advan ultra street summer tires.

Tried to take her out tuning again yesterday. Car is running great! Got to hear the BOV for the first time, damn I have been waiting a long time to hear that.

Ended up having my heat creep up when driving it. Temp got to 215 a few times before I shut it down. So my plan is to replace the thermostat then try again. I really don't know what else it could be. The car never gets over 195 ideling

Old 06-24-2019, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LankorDie

Bolted up the new axle, brakes, hub.

Pulling out the quarter.

Ghetto, but this worked pretty good.

This side came out really good.

After I pulled it out and grinded out the filler

Got a set of Evo 8 wheels for $100

Late reply, but oh my god, I remember seeing that S2k for sale! I haven't finished going through your thread yet, but oh boy am I excited to see what happened to it!
Old 06-25-2019, 04:41 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Car looks amazing man. Well done! Awesome you finally get to drive it.

The heat creeping up is probably due to not enough air flow through front bumper cover and intercooler since yours is too pretty to hack it up, you'll have to get creative. Maybe some ducting underneath the car to bring fresh air up to the radiator, or even from the side bumper vents?

I can't get over how well the paint turned out, now with the car all assembled. I really should tackle repainting all of my exterior trim pieces. So question, how difficult are they to remove without breaking the clips that hold them in place? This is what has had me too nervous to attempt removing them so far
Old 06-25-2019, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2x0
Car looks amazing man. Well done! Awesome you finally get to drive it.

The heat creeping up is probably due to not enough air flow through front bumper cover and intercooler since yours is too pretty to hack it up, you'll have to get creative. Maybe some ducting underneath the car to bring fresh air up to the radiator, or even from the side bumper vents?

I can't get over how well the paint turned out, now with the car all assembled. I really should tackle repainting all of my exterior trim pieces. So question, how difficult are they to remove without breaking the clips that hold them in place? This is what has had me too nervous to attempt removing them so far
Yeah, that could be the case with the rad. Even if I need to pull the front bumper or hood till I troubleshoot that its fine as long as I can drive it.

Thanks about the paint comment! To bring the car to the next level I really wish I would have pulled the glass and all the moldings. Mine are pretty bad from wear, tear, and two paint jobs. For the most part I couldn't find any or they cost a ton of Ebay so that was a real pain.

Most of them come off pretty easy once you get behind them. I had issues with the trim piece on the back rear glass on the front. No idea how to get that back on without pulling the glass. Don't let that stopping you from paint though. The SEM flat black on all the trim in person made a WORLD of difference.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Davidgfcxc
Late reply, but oh my god, I remember seeing that S2k for sale! I haven't finished going through your thread yet, but oh boy am I excited to see what happened to it!
Thanks David! The car turned out amazing! I have been DDing it since it was finished. This car gets more attention than anything I have ever driven so thats kinda fun, but also can be anoying with people yelling **** at you haha.

Here is another build thread with more s2000 pictures/info.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/appear...ntent-3333264/
Old 06-27-2019, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

After having Konigs on the car for the last 15 years it only felt right to get another set. 15x7.5 +35 with 225/45 RS4, rear 205/50/15 Advan summer tires

Old 06-28-2019, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Quick Reply: 15 years and counting - Bryces crx build