Notices

**the official ef suspension thread**

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 01:40 PM
Reject Papi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **the official ef suspension thread**

Ok, you guys asked for it, and here it is. The official EF Suspension Thread. Rules for this thread are going to be simple.

1. None of the, "hey this is my car, what do you think" kind of pics, take it to the a/c forum.

2. No bickering, fighting, flaming, or downing of other peoples car's. If you don't like it, don't comment. If you do have a disagreement, make it worthwhile. Don't make yourself look like an idiot. You will be reported!

3. This thread must contain some tech also. If you have a request for a certain setup, ask. But do not keep "bumping" the thread, I am sure someone, somewhere, will have the setup you seek.

4. If you like somone else's setup, thats cool. PLEASE don't quote pictures just to say, "nice" or "sexy" its pointless, and wastes other people's time.

5. Please limit your pictures to around 3 or so. We don't need to see the same car, with the same stance a dozen times. Its pointless to see what each body panel looks like with springs underneath, .

6. Have fun, and enjoy the pics!!

If the rules stated above are not followed, I will request this thread to be locked. So, now that we have some ground rules, LET'S SEE SOME LOWERED EF'S!!!

Last edited by jhammond_82; 05-04-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **the official ef suspension thread**

skunk2 springs minus 2 coils F&R / blown kyb GR-2 struts =
Attached Images    
Old 03-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

88si.ground control coilovers.illuminas(front) revo uca's.rear kyb agx in back(beacuse of teg rear disks)
Old 03-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

88 Si. Eibach Pro-kit springs on Koni Sport Shocks (yellows)

Old 03-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wanna hear from people who have purchased PIC Performance coilovers. What versions did you buy? How low can you go without messing with the spring collars?

Also, does anyone here have the ST sway bar for their CRX? How the hell do you get that thing to fit? I have it on my crx and it's pressed up against my DC Sports exhaust...and i am not talking about the pipe..I am talking about the bar pressing up against the muffler itself all the way across. When I go over angled inclines I can hear something binding back there. Any ideas or suggestions?

And finally, if I wanted to do a complete bushing replacement what would I need to make the job as easy as possible? Are there bushing tool kits for the job?

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dropzone coils (500f/450r) with agx shocks all around (rears all the way down, fronts have more to go)
Old 03-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

91 Civic Si lowered on Eibach Sportline springs, KYB AGX Shocks. Car isn't bouncy at all but it's not as "tight" as I'd like it to be. It could be that the KYB's just aren't handling the drop to well.

And here is my 91 CRX Si, H&R Race Springs w/Tokico Whites. The drop isn't as low as the sportlines(for some odd reason)but the handling is a huge step up from the KYB AGX/Sportline setup. For the money it's a very good combo. Springs ran me $150 and the shocks ran around $380. Just be careful when torquing down the nuts on the top hats during the shock install. HAND TIGHTEN THEM. If you over torque them the shock shaft will snap at the tip...this happened to one of my shocks :facepalm:

Old 03-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

91 civic sedan. 94-01 integra Tein Basic dampers. front all the way down and rear has about 6 coils to turn on the sleeve. front has extended top hats.

rears dont have extended hats but when i had it on it looked like this

i took it off and notice the gap changes

my DC teins with my DA illuminas w/ AI-racing coilovers both with hats
Old 03-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone have a Tenzo R spring setup ?? Would like to se pics if soo
Old 03-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a CRX with Tein S-Tech springs and Tokico Illuminas. The Teins are a pretty soft and comfortable progressive spring that is a more conservative type of drop and spring rate than most aftermarket springs. They are stiffer than 15 yr old stock springs; maybe 10-20%, but they make a nice difference in the balance of the car from stock. Originally I had the springs with kyb gr2 and it was too soft for my taste but very stock-like. Now I have the tokico illuminas which are great shocks and I can always adjust the shocks to suit my needs. For me, it is a nice balance between the trade-offs of comfort and performance.

I got the springs because of the conservative drop and the B-series oil pan sits a little lower. The setup is great for a daily and some light auto-X, but they are too soft for all out auto-x and allow too much body roll. I wish they were stiffer at times but they are comfortable for a daily driver and offer a great improvement over stock springs. The Illumina shocks are awesome and I would highly recommend them.

Last edited by gringo7718; 12-24-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JesseCRX
I wanna hear from people who have purchased PIC Performance coilovers. What versions did you buy? How low can you go without messing with the spring collars?

Also, does anyone here have the ST sway bar for their CRX? How the hell do you get that thing to fit? I have it on my crx and it's pressed up against my DC Sports exhaust...and i am not talking about the pipe..I am talking about the bar pressing up against the muffler itself all the way across. When I go over angled inclines I can hear something binding back there. Any ideas or suggestions?

And finally, if I wanted to do a complete bushing replacement what would I need to make the job as easy as possible? Are there bushing tool kits for the job?

Thanks!
Im running the pic apex 10k Front/ 8k Rear and absolutely love them little stiff but i don't mind. They do make a 8k/6k and they make a mount for the 88 so you dont need rear lca's.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:47 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Im running DB8 GSR Tein Basic Dampners that I got form the junk yard. Only put .5 mile on it cause the head gasket is bad. But just from going up my street a few times, you can feel the difference. very firm too. the old set up wasnt blown, but slipped out of a corner, these actually kept their ground and hugged the corner on my street. here are a few pics i snagged of the rear and the front
front is 13/32" from the bottom and rear is 1" from the bottom
no front fenders so you can see it better. I say this, if you ever want a nice firm suspension, the Teins for the DB/DC are the best.

After I get my Z6 installed and a new front end ill write a review on the diference in feeling between the two setups.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

mines with stock struts with omni power coil ovewr sleeves...
Old 03-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

d2
Old 03-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is my 91 hatch running Koni Yellow struts with H&R OE Sport Springs. Setup has been on the car for 2 years, was used for autocross by the previous owner. The first 2 pictures are 16x7 wheels with 205/45/R16 Toyo Proxies tires. The last picture is on 15" Steelies with the factory Michellin tires.

Last edited by dephtone; 03-27-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

eibach springs 1.7 inches in the front,1.5 in the rear; stock shocks/struts(20,000kms on them)

Old 03-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

H&R Full race springs with KYB gr2's

love the ride
Old 03-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dephtone
This is my 91 hatch running Koni Yellow struts with H&R Race Springs. Setup has been on the car for 2 years, was used for autocross by the previous owner. The first 2 pictures are 16x7 wheels with 205/45/R16 Toyo Proxies tires. The last picture is on 15" Steelies with the factory Michellin tires.

If those are the springs I put on there, they're H&R OE Sports. Looks like they have settled nicely. Car looks good, man!
Old 03-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Omni power sleeve/spring coilovers on Tokico Illumina's.
Attached Images  
Old 03-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey nfereorhatch how are the illuminas doing with a drop like that? bouncy at all? hows cornering?
Old 03-26-2009, 09:48 PM

tein ss with pillow mounts from a eg with eg front forks

Old 03-27-2009, 12:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its for posting setups of what people are riding on, so people have a reference to look at when deciding what suspension to go with. also a place to ask any questions to stop flooding the ef forum with the same question over and over again.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by patrickstar
hey nfereorhatch how are the illuminas doing with a drop like that? bouncy at all? hows cornering?
They are doing great. Only bounce i encounter is with nasty holes/dips etc. in the road which i avoid like the plague! I have them set on 4 and have been on them for about a year now with no complaints, and i live on a dirt road that is a mine field after heavy rain.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ***$nyper
There is jack for tech here.

just people look at dis slamed ride y0.

fail.
Actually myself and jhammond had contacted CrxToad before making this thread so it wouldn't get locked. There is tech in here as far as spring rates etc. He said as long as there was people not posting things like look at my suspension y0, y4ll check dis out we would be fine. As said by EJ1 Sleeper, it's to keep all the useless how will "x" suspension look/ride on my car. This also helps out with people wondering oh well EG forks work on their EF or will how will DC suspension look on an EF etc.

Keep em coming guys!
Old 03-27-2009, 01:43 PM

KYB AGX, H&R sports, No front sway bar, ST rear sway bar, Skunk2 front upper control arms, rear camber washer trick, skunk 2 rear lower arms, DA rear brakes . . . Damn, I could go for a while but I think that's about it related directly to suspension.

Before the suspension

Quick Reply: **the official ef suspension thread**