Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

Brake Light/Fuse Block issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 02:34 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Light/Fuse Block issue

So I have a 2002 CRV with brake lights, horn and cruise not working. Bulbs are good, switch is good, fuse is good. Traced no power all the way back to the fuse block. There is no power on that fuse terminal, tested a few other spaces around that one and everything I tested had power.

Any thoughts? Has anyone ever open up the fuse block without destroying it or replaced a fuse block?
Old 02-28-2019, 12:50 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Brake Light/Fuse Block issue

Update:
WHAT THE HELL! So my wife has been complaining that her horn doesn't work for almost 2 years. I half heartedly looked into it a couple of times thinking she is the type of person that is better off without a horn LOL. I think I told her once jokingly that she must have worn it out. Well the other night I was following her home and I noticed that her brake lights never came on. So after troubleshooting it back to the fuse box and found no power at the terminals on the brake/horn circuit. Thankfully I found one at a somewhat local salvage yard for $50. I was pretty easy to replace it is very plug and play. I think it took me 10 min in the cold and being one limb down because of a bicep tendon surgery.

I am going to cut the old one open to find out where the fault was and hopefully I can post some pic.

P.S I am a horrible husband and father for letting her drive around like that for 2 yrs. Now she can terrorize everybody with her horn again.

Last edited by Brian Virnig; 02-28-2019 at 12:53 PM. Reason: edit