Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

b20b blox intake manifold install HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 b20b blox intake manifold install HELP

i purchased a blox intake manifold for a b18a-b18b and b20b becuase my stock manifold had a stripped bolt thread for the aicv and because i love working on hondas but i have run into a few problems with the install please help me out. FIRST problem is the intake manifold sensor cannot be connected because the fuel pressure regulator is in the way i have tried multiple times to force it in but it just wont work what can i do to fix this?is there smaller fuel pressure regulator i have to buy or what? SECOND the big coolant line on the left lower corner of the intake manifold has two coolant openings one is for the big hose the other is very small collant hose opening and the small coolant opening has no coolant line connection the stock intake manifold only had one coolant line not two what can i use or do to plug up this small coolant hole so it doesnt leak? a FEW more problems i encountered were the top bolts holding the intake manifold to the block were short i can only get a few turns tight i dont want to spend 20 but on extended studs will it be ok to leave it with the stock stud n bolts?btw im using a felpro gasket if it makes a difference.ANOTHER problem was the iacv bolts were about 1/2 inch to long ill have to buy shorter ones. im still in the process or installing everything but that seems to me the only problems please help me and give me your advice on hot to fix these problems.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: b20b blox intake manifold install HELP

I have the same problem. What I had researched sas that i need to delete the iacv witha delete plate $25. I aslo had to purchase blox manifold studs $25.
After deleting the iacv, the hose that goes to the metal pipe under the manifold goes to the nipple next to the big hose you were talking about.. i still havent recieved the parts yet to do it.
my only question would be now is the extra nipple on the throttle body, since the iacv was removed and the hose that runs from the throttle body to the front of the head.
Going to take pics when i get everything together.

I know this is a old post, wanted to know if you found out about the coolant hoses or if you can send a pic of how you hooked it up
Old 07-10-2016, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Artsy
I have the same problem. What I had researched sas that i need to delete the iacv witha delete plate $25. I aslo had to purchase blox manifold studs $25.
After deleting the iacv, the hose that goes to the metal pipe under the manifold goes to the nipple next to the big hose you were talking about.. i still havent recieved the parts yet to do it.
my only question would be now is the extra nipple on the throttle body, since the iacv was removed and the hose that runs from the throttle body to the front of the head.
Going to take pics when i get everything together.

I know this is a old post, wanted to know if you found out about the coolant hoses or if you can send a pic of how you hooked it up
If I remember correctly I just plugged that hose up by sticking a bolt in it with a hose clamp so it doesn't leak.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That was going to be my option. Thanks for the response.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how did you guys mount your fuel rail?