2016 Honda CRV Alternator Bad? - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

2016 Honda CRV Alternator Bad?

Old 08-12-2018, 03:45 PM
Trial User

Default 2016 Honda CRV Alternator Bad?

I bought my 2016 CRV brand new. At about 2.5 years old and aproximately 40,000 miles the battery died. AAA gave me a jump start and I drove around for about 15 minutes and then turned the car off, thinking that the battery would have enough charge to start. It would not start again so AAA replaced my battery. The technician tested the new battery and told me my alternator was not charging my battery adequetly and I should take it in to get checked. His read out indicated 12.4 volts with no load. I took it to autozone to get checked and they aslo said the alternator test failed, but did not have any voltage readouts. Just said "Failed." The next morning I checked it myself with my own cheap voltmeter and my readings were 13.4 (no load) and 14.3 (under load, lights, ac, radio on). I've read online about Honda's "Dual Mode Charging System" and lower voltage readouts seem to be normal, which is what is confusing me a little. I am going to take it in but am just wondering if this is normal? What should the voltage readouts be? What can I expect? My assumption is the alternator is probably bad. Thanks.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:45 AM
I'm not Rick!

Default Re: 2016 Honda CRV Alternator Bad?

alt is dead.
warranty? or alt/power wires are loose

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: