Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

2002-2006 Honda CRV Performance Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 2002-2006 Honda CRV Performance Thread

Left Rear suspension showing Koni adjustable, Eibach springs, SPC adjustable upper arm and Whiteline adjustable sway bar link
Neuspeed 35.20.75P installed on '05 CRV SE[/QUOTE]
MMMMM...looks awesome, must make it ride so much tighter. Thanks for the tip on the adjustable rear whiteline endlinks. So so close on mine to being done, but going to opposite direction 40mm. Did you do the work on the front cartridges? Changing them over doesn't sound fun looking at the video/procedure.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KINgJ8
Left Rear suspension showing Koni adjustable, Eibach springs, SPC adjustable upper arm and Whiteline adjustable sway bar link
Neuspeed 35.20.75P installed on '05 CRV SE
MMMMM...looks awesome, must make it ride so much tighter. Thanks for the tip on the adjustable rear whiteline endlinks. So so close on mine to being done, but going to opposite direction 40mm. Did you do the work on the front cartridges? Changing them over doesn't sound fun looking at the video/procedure.[/QUOTE]
KINgJ8, sorry i just saw your comment after 1.5 months. Thanks, yes the ride is tight and fun, yet surprisingly comfortable. All and all I am very happy with the outcome. I chickened out on the cartridges, and had the entire work done by a nice shop in the bay area. It sounds like you are lifting, but one more thing I learned was the Eibach coil spring set does not come with rubber coil tubing for the lower seats on the struts. I have been dealing with some creaking, so next i will have to remove the coil springs and glue the new rubber tubes i bought from Eibach separately - hope the creaking will go away. It will be nice to see pictures of your suspension project
Old 03-31-2018, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by powerfulperformance
I have a 2003 Crv manual and K PRO works in my Crv. I am about to put a TSX motor in the coming months and see no reason why it wouldn't work. Its better to comment on personal experience, than just assumptions ..
New to the Honda game and want to tune the same vehicle and its my daily driver. Needs to be e tested every 2 years so OBD2 and everything needs to function as well...I've installed and tuned mega squirt on a few turbo projects and they run very well.
Any more details on how yours functions...
Does the ECU need to be modified or is the K Pro a OBD2 plug in?
Thanks
Old 04-16-2018, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi all - Question on tire size and rims for 2005 CR-V:
I am considering changing rims from factory 16 x 6.5 to 17 x 7.5 or 8 with 45mm offset. I am hoping to use 235/55 17 tires. Running some calculations on Wheel-size.com it looks like tire will be sticking out 18mm from factory.
Has anyone run 235/55 on 7.5 or 8 inch wide rims with 45mm offset? Or anything close to it? Will appreciate any inputs. I don't want to roll fenders etc.
Car is dropped 1.5" front and 1" rear and has ~50mm wheelwell clearance still.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi guys, how i can swap to my 02 CRV dash cluster from 05-06 CRV ? Thanks
Old 06-07-2018, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon7 Re: 2002-2006 Honda CRV Performance Thread

Howdy folks! I am a complete Honda Newb... I have a 2003 CR-V EX automatic with the stock K24A1 engine. I would like to change the automatic out for a manual, but have no idea as to interchanges for something this new. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a transmission, shifter, hydraulics, peddles and whatever else I need??? None of the salvage yards within 150+ miles from me have a manual 2002-2006 CR-V, much less a 2003.

Drag
Central Texas
Old 01-06-2021, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dragnfyr
Howdy folks! I am a complete Honda Newb... I have a 2003 CR-V EX automatic with the stock K24A1 engine. I would like to change the automatic out for a manual, but have no idea as to interchanges for something this new. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a transmission, shifter, hydraulics, peddles and whatever else I need??? None of the salvage yards within 150+ miles from me have a manual 2002-2006 CR-V, much less a 2003.

Drag
Central Texas
Good luck. They're far and few between in North America. Find a manual instead of doing a swap, it will be cheaper
Old 08-08-2021, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Icon6 Re: 2002-2006 Honda CRV Performance Thread

My 2005 converted to manual
The following users liked this post:
Old 09-10-2021, 10:21 AM
Trial User

That brushguard is beautiful! I haven't found anything like that in weeks of searching. Do you have a brand name I could go looking for? I want something more than just a bull bar.

Last edited by tech8; 04-14-2022 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Unnecessary quoting
Old 11-09-2021, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon6 Re: 2002-2006 Honda CRV Performance Thread

My 2005 CR-V.... I have been out of the Honda scene for 15 years or so now. Also I have relocated from the USA to Panama and slammed ricey cars like I love are not well suited for Central America so I went with this CR-V. What kinds of engine swaps can I put in this?. Back in the day I was swapping all kinds of B series and H series engines and also one K series into civics and preludes. I see some of the newer CR-V's have "Vtec Turbo" badges... Can I drop one of those in here? Hate to be such a noob. Also in the next few months I am selling my STI swapped bugeye and I think for sure I am going to get a lift kit for the CR-V soon as it sells. I will probably post updates in here for the 3 or so fans of this chassis of Honda that might check this thread :D (Also I am just waiting on the shop to order the paint and I am going to paint the front and rear bumpers)

PS: If anyone knows where I can buy the headlights in the same style I have except with clear lenses... please let me know!!

My bugeye that I will be insanely sad to see go.... however it's not doing me any good sitting in storage in Murica...

Old 12-05-2021, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by youngkipper
has anyone lifted there 2002- 2007 crv? im finding only rear springs available, but did notice that you can buy the element lift kit and the part numbers cross although im worried about the alignment issues....anyone out there that did a lift on thiese years?
I ordered a set of Dobinson Springs for mine. On the website they say out of stock, but if you contact them you can still purchase them and get your name on backorder. It could take up to a year, but I'm in no real rush and its the best kit offered for the second gen in my opinion. Have a couple buddies that went the spacer route, and it tends to make the ride a bit more jank because you're raising the body while keeping the stock suspension travel and spring rate. Its good for looks, and if time is an issue then its good (if that's what you're going for), but not the best in terms of functionality. Bigger stiffer springs are the way to go if you want to do it right, and the dobinson springs allow you to keep the OEM struts. Either way, order the adjustable rear upper control arms. I found a good set on amazon, $40 for the pair, and I'd recommend installing them regardless of lift. Its essential for good alignment because the stock ones, being fixed in their length, can cause the rear wheels to never be aligned properly and therefore cause unnecessary tire wear. Got my car aligned and the tires still wore in the same places, installed the adjustable ones, got it realigned, and have never had an issue since. It's different depending on the car, and in some cases the stock ones are fine but if you're lifting it, its a necessity. Also, anything over 1.50 - 2.0 in of lift, and you will need an engine/transmission drop kit to retain proper axle angle... otherwise, the splines on the end will wear out prematurely and cause problems. Hope this helps
The following users liked this post:
Old 04-14-2022, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You can get these switch panels that fit perfectly in the center console storage on Amazon. It appears they have a newer model as well (which I just ordered) I will post a link for it also.
The one I have installed right now The one I have installed right now

The newer looking model pictured at the bottom The newer looking model pictured at the bottom

Old 05-23-2022, 01:28 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by CO_CRAWLER
I ordered a set of Dobinson Springs for mine. On the website they say out of stock, but if you contact them you can still purchase them and get your name on backorder. It could take up to a year, but I'm in no real rush and its the best kit offered for the second gen in my opinion. Have a couple buddies that went the spacer route, and it tends to make the ride a bit more jank because you're raising the body while keeping the stock suspension travel and spring rate. Its good for looks, and if time is an issue then its good (if that's what you're going for), but not the best in terms of functionality. Bigger stiffer springs are the way to go if you want to do it right, and the dobinson springs allow you to keep the OEM struts. Either way, order the adjustable rear upper control arms. I found a good set on amazon, $40 for the pair, and I'd recommend installing them regardless of lift. Its essential for good alignment because the stock ones, being fixed in their length, can cause the rear wheels to never be aligned properly and therefore cause unnecessary tire wear. Got my car aligned and the tires still wore in the same places, installed the adjustable ones, got it realigned, and have never had an issue since. It's different depending on the car, and in some cases the stock ones are fine but if you're lifting it, its a necessity. Also, anything over 1.50 - 2.0 in of lift, and you will need an engine/transmission drop kit to retain proper axle angle... otherwise, the splines on the end will wear out prematurely and cause problems. Hope this helps
This may be an older thread but I just did a dobinsons lift on my crv and after putting in the front springs my 2005 ex crv pulls right badly. How do you orient the upper spring seats? Also, my springs didn't come right vs left markings but did yours?
Old 06-18-2022, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Front bumper painted

And I got the new panel hooked up
Old 06-20-2022, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by norcalem2
Front end swap update you will need: front bumper, headlamps, hood, and fenders. Also you will need to rewire the headlights and turn signals.
Anyone know how they went about trying to rewire the headlights and turn signals from 02-04 to 05-06 headlights? Anyone have a wire diagram or how to posted? Thanks!
Old 10-15-2022, 04:03 AM
Trial User

Hey man, that CRV looks awesome first off!! I have been looking for a brush guard like that and I was wondering where you were able to find that one? Also the brand on it? Thank you!!!