Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

2000 CRV Driver door lock issue that hasn't been posted about. Help please.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 10:24 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 CRV Driver door lock issue that hasn't been posted about. Help please.

Driver side door lock won't unlock with the key insert and turn and it won't unlock with my alarm button the only way to unlock it is by opening the front passenger door and reaching over and pulling the lock up. Also my power locks don't work so I have to manually pull up each lock for the back passengers after unlocking the front passenger.

I've searched and the problems other people have is either it only unlocks with the alarm unlock or it only unlocks manually inserting the key and turning not both and usually their power locks still work.

I ordered a new door lock actuator but before going through that pain in the *** of replacing it I wanna know if it sounds to you guys like it is indeed the actuator that's messing everything up or is it my wiring/switch.

Considering my power locks is out along with not being able to manually turn the driver key and unlock the door I'm baffled.

Someone on reddit replied this comment when I asked over there sounds plausible what do you think?

" I'd guess it's more to do with the module the actuator is connected to. The fact that your key won't unlock it is what makes me think it might not be the actuator itself, but whatever the actuator and the key both interact with."

Old 06-17-2019, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Re: 2000 CRV Driver door lock issue that hasn't been posted about. Help please.

I would start by removing the door panel since you plan on replacing stuff anyways. Play with it from there. Maybe one of the rods fell out of place.