Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

*Official H/T OFFROAD/LIFTED CR-V thread!*

Old 08-27-2014, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: *Official H/T OFFROAD/LIFTED CR-V thread!*

Finally got my CRV completed... Nothing special, similar to others but I actually love the look. I had a little extra work done so in all, I'm in more $$ than planned but oh well. Quick List:

1. New Tires & Wheels (Qty 5)
2. Camber Kit Installed (Front and Back)
3. New Monroe Struts in back
4. New Rotors - Brakes/Pads in front

They didn't replace the sway bar links like I had wanted. Technician stated that I should get extended links or the originals could pop/break often. He also recommended that I replace the ball joints since they have never been replaced.

They did make one mistake and I'm not sure if it's an issue. They put the spacers on the wrong spots. They put the bigger spacers on the front and the smaller ones on the rear. I'm not sure if that is an issue or not. There really isn't much of a sag in the rear. Other notes - they had a very tough time getting it aligned properly. Shakes more than normal around 60-65 but doesn't seem to get worse at 70-75 but very noticeable when driving. Again, just got it back tonight and haven't had a whole lot of drive time on it yet. Seems to ride very well. In fact, probably as good if not better than before (probably a lot due to new struts in rear). Car is 13/14 years old and has had nothing done to it so putting a little money into it doesn't bother me too bad.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ratt1
Finally got my CRV completed... Nothing special, similar to others but I actually love the look. I had a little extra work done so in all, I'm in more $$ than planned but oh well. Quick List:

They didn't replace the sway bar links like I had wanted. Technician stated that I should get extended links or the originals could pop/break often. He also recommended that I replace the ball joints since they have never been replaced.

They did make one mistake and I'm not sure if it's an issue. They put the spacers on the wrong spots. They put the bigger spacers on the front and the smaller ones on the rear. I'm not sure if that is an issue or not. There really isn't much of a sag in the rear. Other notes - they had a very tough time getting it aligned properly. Shakes more than normal around 60-65 but doesn't seem to get worse at 70-75 but very noticeable when driving. Again, just got it back tonight and haven't had a whole lot of drive time on it yet. Seems to ride very well. In fact, probably as good if not better than before (probably a lot due to new struts in rear). Car is 13/14 years old and has had nothing done to it so putting a little money into it doesn't bother me too bad.

Wow I love it!!! Those are Soft8? Can't wait to lift mine now!

A friend of mine said to me don't wait for Colorado Mountain rally, use hockey pucks ! I think I might try this lol
Old 08-28-2014, 04:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

they most definitely fucked up the spacers. you should get them switched quickly. that would also make sense on why the alignment is was off so far. you will have severe rear sag once the suspension settles. i personally don't even know how they got the front end together with the bigger spacers up front. but ya, get them switched! small in the front!
Old 08-28-2014, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by noname87
they most definitely fucked up the spacers. you should get them switched quickly. that would also make sense on why the alignment is was off so far. you will have severe rear sag once the suspension settles. i personally don't even know how they got the front end together with the bigger spacers up front. but ya, get them switched! small in the front!
Thank you for the info. I was wondering the same thing as I would assume someone here would have mentioned alignment problems more often if unable to get the car aligned. Next question - I may not be able to get it back into the shop till next week - is there any issues with me driving it a little as is?
Old 08-28-2014, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

shouldn't hurt anything short term.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yep, it'll be fine for a few days, but taller spacers definitely go in the back to get rid of the sag.
Car looks good though!
Old 08-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damn! silver looks GREAT!
Old 08-28-2014, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Levesky
You lucky b. I went on their website and they are out of stock, can't order 'em. Probably going to get some OME with Monroe's now. Any of you had problem with balljoints after lifting?
Email coloradomountainrally.com they said they were in the process of restocking and no earlier than August last I spoke with them. Worth a shot, I'm having a local company make some hdpe ones since ap1junky hasn't been on in a month.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry guys no longer make the ones I use to sell my bagged TL takes up most my time and money now lol..
Old 08-28-2014, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ap1jnky
Sorry guys no longer make the ones I use to sell my bagged TL takes up most my time and money now lol..
Thanks for the pm ap1jnky, I found someone who had posted spacer cutout specs and emailed it out. Got a decent price for them (meaning cheaper than cmr aluminum ones lol) I'll post updated pics once I get them installed.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can you pm me the name of the person who helped you, hachimachi808?
Old 08-28-2014, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Caddiman
damn! silver looks GREAT!
Thanks Caddi... AND thanks to everyone on here that has been patient and helpful with all of my questions in the forum and in PMs... I was and even still a tad nervous. I know from lifts that I've done on trucks before that by doing so, you're usually putting the suspension under more stress and I just don't want to be dealing with issue after issue. Here are a few items I plan on doing before the winter hits here in the Chicago-land area:

* Replace headlights. I've tried the cleaner kits and as it's helped but they are usually only temporary. New ones are only about $60.
* Replace all sway bar links. Tech suggested I get extended ones. He thinks OEM new ones will just pop over time with this suspension.
* Replace ball joints. This is more of a maintenance(due to age of car) and precaution.
* Plasti-dip the window trim
* Paint the bumpers and window wiper arms
* wash, iron x the car, clay, and wax a few times
* Replace Belt

I will say this though. We have owned this car since 2000 with me just taking it over recently. My wife drove it for the last 13/14 years. It has been a damn rock. Yeah, it's not super comfortable to ride in for hours. Yeah, road noise is pretty loud and interior is just so-so. Yeah, it's squeaks/makes noise and so on and has since we bought it. BUT - in all that time, the only two failures I had to fix was to put in a new radiator ($250) and replace the power window motor (think it was around $80)... SO I can't complain. Last year, I finally got it tuned up (new plugs, wires, cap). And the front rotors had never been replaced and weren't in too bad of shape. THIS car has just been fantastic and flat *** reliable. I hope that I can get another year or two out of it as well.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hachimachi808
1999 crv from honolulu checking in 215/75/15 tires
Nice
Do you have other photos ?
What's the tire brand/model ?
Old 08-29-2014, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by posite
Can you pm me the name of the person who helped you, hachimachi808?
Who helped me with what?

Coloradomountainrally.com? I was in email contact with Kevin.

My spacers I'm having made? I'm having them made locally here in hawaii.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by fastrunner45
Nice
Do you have other photos ?
What's the tire brand/model ?
Bf goodrich 215/75/15 A/T KO's

I also have 1.5" hubcentric wheel spacers on.

I need a lift as it rubs the fender trim on bumps.

Or take off the spacers... lol
Old 08-29-2014, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's some pictures. 2nd picture is a side by side with another stock crv.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Fresh from the shop,

We'll see how it goes with the rear.. may need thicker.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Had a package arrive the other day

- Full race A/C friendly manifold
- Full race downpipe (will need to modified to fit)
- Full race edition Tial wastegate
- Garrett T3T4e 60trim .63A/R turbo
- DeatschWerks 550cc injectors (not pictured)

Still need:
- Hondata
- Intercooler + Piping
- Snorkel setup + custom enclosed intake
- BOV
- 3" exhaust + Muffler
- Adjustable Fuel reg

Optional:
- Bigger TB
- Skunk2 Intake Manifold.

**** costs f**king heaps so probably just going to acquire the rest of the parts over time and try and get it in sometime next year. That's the plan anyway.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

:Drool:

I'm so jelly
Old 08-30-2014, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks Caddi... AND thanks to everyone on here that has been patient and helpful with all of my questions in the forum and in PMs... I was and even still a tad nervous. I know from lifts that I've done on trucks before that by doing so, you're usually putting the suspension under more stress and I just don't want to be dealing with issue after issue. Here are a few items I plan on doing before the winter hits here in the Chicago-land area:

* Replace headlights. I've tried the cleaner kits and as it's helped but they are usually only temporary. New ones are only about $60.
* Replace all sway bar links. Tech suggested I get extended ones. He thinks OEM new ones will just pop over time with this suspension.
* Replace ball joints. This is more of a maintenance(due to age of car) and precaution.
* Plasti-dip the window trim
* Paint the bumpers and window wiper arms
* wash, iron x the car, clay, and wax a few times
* Replace Belt

I will say this though. We have owned this car since 2000 with me just taking it over recently. My wife drove it for the last 13/14 years. It has been a damn rock. Yeah, it's not super comfortable to ride in for hours. Yeah, road noise is pretty loud and interior is just so-so. Yeah, it's squeaks/makes noise and so on and has since we bought it. BUT - in all that time, the only two failures I had to fix was to put in a new radiator ($250) and replace the power window motor (think it was around $80)... SO I can't complain. Last year, I finally got it tuned up (new plugs, wires, cap). And the front rotors had never been replaced and weren't in too bad of shape. THIS car has just been fantastic and flat *** reliable. I hope that I can get another year or two out of it as well.
Last resort on those headlights. Sand them with fine sandpaper, then spray them with clearcoat. should work good and it holds up great
Old 08-30-2014, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Caddiman
Last resort on those headlights. Sand them with fine sandpaper, then spray them with clearcoat. should work good and it holds up great
I used meguairs plastX and a lot of elbow grease(I'm sure a drill/buffer would make it easier) and touch up every wash keeps them in check. Beware of cheap replacements, they pit and fade easy.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

3rd times a charm! Finally got the colorado mountain rally kit installed. What a pain in the ***. the fronts for me were way easier than the rears. Fronts took about an hour and the rears took about 3 hours. It also lifted the rear like 4". I may take them out the get them milled down but, I said to myself, this thing is going to live on these struts for the rest of it's life cause it's such a pain. If anybody needs any pointers, give me a shout. Here is a pic
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-31-2014, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice 2gen. Thats what isaid about my rear setup also lol. Its really is a pain in the ***. Mine i measured it raised about 5 inches in total with my 2 inch spacer. Dont know why but o well am not complaining.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I plasti dip the wheels what you people think ?
Old 09-01-2014, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by driftin90
[IMG][/IMG]
looks awesome man. Nice work.

Originally Posted by civiceg94
Nice 2gen. Thats what isaid about my rear setup also lol. Its really is a pain in the ***. Mine i measured it raised about 5 inches in total with my 2 inch spacer. Dont know why but o well am not complaining.
5" lift after adding 2" spacers??????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *Official H/T OFFROAD/LIFTED CR-V thread!*