Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   Zex Install. Where to INTAKE n REGULATOR hoses go. Fuel Jet? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/zex-install-where-intake-n-regulator-hoses-go-fuel-jet-945392/)

Full Race A6 08-01-2004 05:55 PM

Zex Install. Where to INTAKE n REGULATOR hoses go. Fuel Jet?

So Im installing my zex dry kit and purge kit in my car today on a sohc zc motor.

I get all the runing of the lines, mounting the bottle and the wiring done, nitrous just and sprayer mounted in the intake. I think Im done

I take a peek at the zex box at the back of the firewall and theres 2 places where vaccum lines or something are supposed to go.

They were not supplied with my kit (used) so I dont know what they are for.

They are labelled intake and regulator

Can anyone lend a hand on what I have to do?
Also WHERE THE FUCK does a fuel jet go? Is it even used? Ive got the #35 jet in the intake but where the chit does the fuel one go.

Also have a bottle heater I ddint get around to. Has 2 wires coming out that are both white. Is one 12volt and one ground? Ill just hook up a switch and thats it?

THanks

Soccerking3000 08-01-2004 06:20 PM

Re: Zex Install. Where to INTAKE n REGULATOR hoses go. Fuel Jet? (Full Race A6)

okay chill out there man, on the intake mani there is a line that goes to the little fuel pressure regulator at the end of the fuel rail, its a small vaccuum line take that off, now get a line to go from the output marked "Intake" to the nipple you just pulled the hose off of, and take the other line and connect it to the fuel pressure regulator, do you have a dry kit??? thats what i am thinking cause the wet kits dont connect to the fuel pressure regulator because they dont need too they just add more fule via the nozzle, so i dnt think you have a wet kit sorry bro http://images.honda-tech.com/set1//smile/emcrook.gif

Full Race A6 08-01-2004 06:27 PM

Re: Zex Install. Where to INTAKE n REGULATOR hoses go. Fuel Jet? (Soccerking3000)

I have a dry kit

So what Im doing is pulling a line off of the fuel rail? and up to the regulator barb

What am I doing with the intake barb?

Also where does the fuel jet go?

Soccerking3000 08-01-2004 06:43 PM

okay with a dry kit there is not fuel jet okay, the way a dry kit works it modifies your fuel regulator to increase fuel pressure, do you know what vaccuum hose i am talking about?? the one that goes from the fuel pressure regulator to the intake manifold?? Just take that off and get some silicon hose and fromt the zex box run a line from the nipple that says "intake" to the intake and the other one to the fpr, simple you will need some vaccuum hose though just so you know

Full Race A6 08-01-2004 06:58 PM

Re: Zex Install. Where to INTAKE n REGULATOR hoses go. Fuel Jet? (Soccerking3000)

No I dont, I honestly dont knwo where the fuel pressure regulator is. But if/when I find it, I just disconnect it but what will I do with the source that that vacuum hose came from?

Also for the intake, do you mean the intake manifold or the hose that attaches to the cold air intake?

Really though there is no fuel jet?

Soccerking3000 08-01-2004 07:10 PM

ya there is no fuel jet, on your fuel rail, you know where that is correct? on the end of it towards the right side there will be a little round thing comming of the side of it with a vaccuum hose you need to disconnect it from the fpr and the intake

Soccerking3000 08-01-2004 07:12 PM

if you really need to i can send you a pic of my engine bay and show you what you need to disconnect

Soccerking3000 08-01-2004 07:27 PM

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...b/f79add37.jpg

hondaeg8 08-01-2004 08:04 PM

there is a fuel jet

XRacerX 08-01-2004 08:11 PM

ZEX 101 now in session. I love the system. Soccerking your a good instructor keep up the good work. I must warn you the zex kit will break shit. I have shreded a diff gear in the tranny and broken axles. But I love drag racing. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif

Soccerking3000 08-01-2004 08:13 PM

Re: Zex Install. Where to INTAKE n REGULATOR hoses go. Fuel Jet? (hondaeg8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondaeg8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there is a fuel jet</TD></TR></TABLE>
um no there sint it is a DRY KIT not WET so there is no injecting of the fuel along with the nitrous

hondaeg8 08-01-2004 08:17 PM

okay....go outside and look at the zex brain. the the top nipple, i forgot what hose that goes to, take off the nipple. there will be 2 nuts screwed together. unscrew those nuts, or whatever you want to call them, and there will be a jet in there.

go check it out and let me know what you find.

hondaeg8 08-01-2004 08:18 PM

Re: Zex Install. Where to INTAKE n REGULATOR hoses go. Fuel Jet? (XRacerX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by XRacerX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ZEX 101 now in session. I love the system. Soccerking your a good instructor keep up the good work. I must warn you the zex kit will break shit. I have shreded a diff gear in the tranny and broken axles. But I love drag racing. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emthup.gif </TD></TR></TABLE>

zex won't break shit. its the driver that breaks shit. if you messed up a gear or broke axles, that cause you can't launch right or you can't shift right. one or the other.

Soccerking3000 08-01-2004 08:24 PM

its not a fuel jet, no fule ever passes through the zex brain EVER

Soccerking3000 08-01-2004 08:27 PM

i know ther is one in ther but it isnt for fuel

hondaeg8 08-01-2004 08:28 PM

yeah...no fuel passes through the brain, but there is a fuel jet.

i even saw horsepower TV today, don't know if you get that show or not, but the professional guys were installing a zex kit and they even mentioned the fuel jet. they were installing it on a civic. it was a zex dry kit.

did you go check it out to see if you have a jet where i explained that there is one?

Soccerking3000 08-01-2004 08:31 PM

i sold my zex kit this weekend http://images.honda-tech.com/set1//smile/emcrook.gif for a v-afc2 so i dont have it anymore

hondaeg8 08-01-2004 08:35 PM

there's one though https://honda-tech.com/forums/images...s/emsmilep.gif

Soccerking3000 08-01-2004 08:38 PM

LIES ALL LIES

Full Race A6 08-01-2004 09:07 PM

Dammit, it was so easy, I just didnt know where to look. I never imagined there would be connected for the 2 I needed. I have to pick up some hose tomorrow though but I think my question is solved. Dont know what this man is talking about with the fuel jet

You guys ever hook up a bottle warmer? Instead of me making a new thread

Its a NOS brand warmer, has 2 white wires. Left side will be power, right side ground?

hondaeg8 08-01-2004 09:19 PM

on the brain where the two nipples are for the intake and the fpr, you can take one of them off and the fuel jet is in there.

i guess the professionals today installing it on horsepower tv are wrong also.

Full Race A6 08-01-2004 09:25 PM

lol those assholes on Horsepower are not professionals but I will try tomorrow to see if one of them come off

Anyone else have info on this

hondaeg8 08-01-2004 09:27 PM

there was a professional on the show today. he was with the regular two guys that host the show.

i didn't believe it either, but i went out and took that nipple off the brain and sure enough, there was a jet in there.

Full Race A6 08-01-2004 09:54 PM

Did it have any markings on it?

I bought this kit used so I dont know if he took it out or not and dont feel like disassembling anything

hondaeg8 08-01-2004 09:58 PM

no.

its the one on the left if you have both nipples facing towards you. i forgot which one that one is. if you need me to, i can go outside and check for you.