Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

zc swap need help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zc swap need help.

I recently blew my motor in my civic dx. I got a dohc zc jdm motor and tranny to replace with. The swap is complete except the axles. Not sure which ones i need was told the engie and tranny was from a 94 civic eg6. All the parts i had to use on it i got for a 89 acura integra. The pic on the haynes was the same as the engine but which axles do I get and will I have to modify them? I do have the intermediate shaft for the tranny. Kinda stressed.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: zc swap need help.

someone please correct me if i'm wrong but I was under the impression that to do a zc swap all eg stuff would work??
Old 07-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

EG_warped you are correct, OP re-use everything from your stock 5th gen, including the axles. the engine bolts right in as if it came there.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:14 AM

My original transmission has a bad 5th gear and grinds shifting. The axles do not match. I am new to the forum stuff. The knuckles on the axles are too small also the tranny has an intermediate shaft. I am switching from sohc to dohc. Also not quite sure what eg means.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:22 AM

my bad eg6 lol. But not sure if the engine actually went to an eg6 cuz all the parts i got were 89 integra parts. It is a dohc zc with black valve cover and my orig axled are completely different.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by frank dalia
my bad eg6 lol. But not sure if the engine actually went to an eg6 cuz all the parts i got were 89 integra parts. It is a dohc zc with black valve cover and my orig axled are completely different.
if the parts you got with it were all 89 integra parts then those parts will not work, also an 89 integra transmission is cable, yours is hydro
Old 07-08-2009, 06:20 PM

ok so the plug wires that i got and the plugs that fit dont really work? The pic is the same just the amer version is in the acura. Do you really know alot about zc motors?
Old 07-09-2009, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by forcefedferio
if the parts you got with it were all 89 integra parts then those parts will not work, also an 89 integra transmission is cable, yours is hydro
Ok all I really need to know is what cv axles to get for it. Can you help? Or do you know?
Old 07-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

use your stock axles with your stock transmission, i never messed around too much with the 89 integras, but i don't doubt you that it has an intermediate shaft. however your hydraulic d-series trans does not use an intermediate shaft so there is no need to worry about it. the DOHC ZC (a.k.a. the d16a6 in 89 integras) is essentially a single cam with two cams, it's d-series by nature, even though it doesn't look it.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:20 PM

use your stock axles with your stock transmission, i never messed around too much with the 89 integras, but i don't doubt you that it has an intermediate shaft. however your hydraulic d-series trans does not use an intermediate shaft so there is no need to worry about it. the DOHC ZC (a.k.a. the d16a6 in 89 integras) is essentially a single cam with two cams, it's d-series by nature, even though it doesn't look it.
My original tranny has a blown out 5th gear and grinds 1st thru 4th lol. Thats y i switched em both. Hopefully the integra axles fit. Maby I will have to modify them. I dunno.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:23 PM

Srry guess I didnt mention my orig tranny was shot too! Plus I already have them in. Did the complete swap solo too it was a b. Appreciate the help tho.