For you Hatchback owners.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 01:07 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For you Hatchback owners.

***THIS THREAD IS NOT TO ADVERTISE, BUT TO GET OPINIONS***

I love the Civichatchback. Owned 2 so far. Both R.I.P

But, since then I have always wanted to see an online shop, just for the Hatchies. I have grown with my current site, but feel that their is a place for an all Hatchback site.

http://www.hatchshop.com

It is not even close to being done.

But, i want your opinions while I am building it, to make it better and more user friendly. I am adding products daily, so it is just a matter of patience until it is done.

Well, let me know what you guys think. Please dont flame...but I do appreciate constructive criticism.

Thanks for your time.

Rob

[Modified by tornactive.com, 10:12 PM 4/8/2002]

[Modified by tornactive.com, 10:12 PM 4/8/2002]
Old 04-08-2002, 01:10 PM
Banned

Default Re: For you Hatchback owners. (tornactive.com)

its ok, most of the **** isnt up but the **** that is up its hard to click the back buttom, I had to click the back button like 6 times to get away from the aem intake prices

to make the site better u should post a huge section about me and give me a set of free floormats
Old 04-08-2002, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks good so far
Old 04-08-2002, 01:13 PM

Looks good to me!
Old 04-08-2002, 01:17 PM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: For you Hatchback owners. (4g4me)

looks good to me also
Old 04-08-2002, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

For starters, I think you should get rid of the membership fee for your civichatchback.com site. I used to be a member until you guys started charging. I have no idea how many members you have now or how well the site is doing but just I have a question. How are you supposed to attract new members to the site if people can't even browse the boards to check it out without paying?? The idea of having a site dedicated solely to civic hatchbacks is a good one but with all the import sites out there now, including this one that are free, why should one pay to be a member of yours?

As for your hatchshop.com site, it looks good so far, but if your prices for "members" on civichatchback is any indication, I wonder how your prices are gonna be. Just my two cents.
Old 04-08-2002, 01:54 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: For you Hatchback owners. (PhAtBoY Si)

For starters, I think you should get rid of the membership fee for your civichatchback.com site. I used to be a member until you guys started charging. I have no idea how many members you have now or how well the site is doing but just I have a question. How are you supposed to attract new members to the site if people can't even browse the boards to check it out without paying?? The idea of having a site dedicated solely to civic hatchbacks is a good one but with all the import sites out there now, including this one that are free, why should one pay to be a member of yours?

As for your hatchshop.com site, it looks good so far, but if your prices for "members" on civichatchback is any indication, I wonder how your prices are gonna be. Just my two cents.
At least you did not complain about the looks of the site, thats what I was worried about.

As for the membership...
with a board of 1,000 members..35+mb a month..and time to run it = alot of cash!!!
It cost ALOT of money to run a weboard [that is not FREE to webmasters] of that volume or even H-Atech..geese oh mighty..I bet you have no idea how much space this board takes. Luckily the owners of H-A board know their **** and have a very stable and professional server and database.

I must say Zeroforum is an excellent board. Fast as hell, and cool looking. Only gripe is the search function.

But, I simply cannot afford to run the CHB site for FREE. I dont make that much money..sorry dude. Some things in life are not FREE.

But thanks for compliments and comments. I take them and learn.

Thanks!!

Rob
Old 04-08-2002, 02:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah the most irritating thing about your SITES (this one, tornactive, and chb) is that the back button never works. You have to press it hella fast hella times to go back one page.

This is VERY ANNOYING and I hope you get it fixed.

I payed for 1 month of CHB access, and it just isn't the same it used to be. Not enough new posts, and the information is getting old. I can spend 2-3 hours per day here on honda-tech, but I've read everything there is to read in 5 mins at your site.

Initially, I didn't think the $1 membership fee was going to hurt you, I acutally encourages people to pay. But now that some time has passed, it does look like its hurting you. And I doubt I will be paying again for to participate in discussions that just arent there.

Regards, Tony
Old 04-08-2002, 02:39 PM
Future Texas Boy

Default Re: For you Hatchback owners. (tonyxcom)

why limit your market to just civic hb owners?!?! Bad bidness.
Old 04-08-2002, 02:58 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: For you Hatchback owners. (vtecvoodoo)

I see this thread is headed towards CHB, not the site i have mentioned....

CHB is just a site for hatchbacks...plain and simple. Why do I get bashed for making a home for the hatchbacks?

Rob
Old 04-08-2002, 03:07 PM

"CHB is just a site for hatchbacks...plain and simple. Why do I get bashed for making a home for the hatchbacks?"

There is nothing wrong with a site dedicated to hatchbacks. I also think that there is nothing wrong with dedicating a store for hatchbacks. It isn't bad business as the poster above stated.

Its bad business to try to cover every import car and not have the capital to keep stuff in stock and keep up with demand. Its better to start off small or concentrate on one niche within the market and exploit that niche.
Old 04-08-2002, 03:15 PM

you're right - not much done yet but, so far so good.
Old 04-08-2002, 03:26 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: For you Hatchback owners. (ka_ge)

I am probably THE biggest 1992-1995 hatchback fan. Argue if you want, no biggie. I'm glad there are others who feel the same.

I think a site JUST for hatches is great. Sites for just coupes? Great too. Getting as specific as possible is better because you can really "specialize" and know all there is to know about your products and the applicable cars.

I have yet to check the site, but in THEORY it sounds nice.

Memebership fee? Depends on the site I suppose...

Old 04-08-2002, 03:27 PM
Former Moderator

Default Re: For you Hatchback owners. (B18C5-EH2)

Yeah, just checked and the back button really sucks - even with DSL modem.

Great idea though - just get the bugs worked out and we'll soon see!
Old 04-08-2002, 03:31 PM
New User

Default Re: For you Hatchback owners. (ka_ge)

chb is great
im glad i joined
even if its a dollar a month
that alone filters out all the trolls
yes it may not have as much info as honda-tech
but then again it is at its early stages
its a small community of hatches thats only going to get bigger
anyway keep up the good work
Old 04-08-2002, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For you Hatchback owners. (RoaringTurtle)

I am not down with it.
In fact I am a proud new owner of two civic hatchbacks, and I love them each more than I can love my more powerful integra GSR sedan, but, where was I , what was I saying.. oh yeah...

there is a wealth of information here at honda-tech.com because so many forums combine into one huge database of knowledge, first-hand experience and great ideas/conversations/people/etc...
-->I think to stick to just hatchbacks you will lose a lot of things... especially cutting your resources for information.
-->One example is the ITR forum here, it has a lot of people using their cars in a manner similar to how I use my car... as a daily driver but no holds barred and ready to go to a trackschool... Um, all GO no show, etc. And as I peruse the integra forum (because I have a gsr not an itr...) the threads are not even close to what I feel like talking about or what I want to ask questions about. Get it? Plus the ITR forum has less repeat questions, less joe schmoe with newbie questions and so on.
that is just an example.
I wonder if you will be able to saturate your site with the wealth of info we already have here...?
Old 04-08-2002, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For you Hatchback owners. (owen_the_soyboy)

man, do we need a site like that, hatches rule, they remind me of eggs...well viscious eggs to be exact especially when theyre lowered.
Old 04-08-2002, 05:15 PM
Former Moderator

Default Re: For you Hatchback owners. (owen_the_soyboy)

Oh I agree there is NO sustitute for H-T, and I also agree that there is much good info on other areas here too.

But a hatch-only site is cool too, but not as a toally stand-alone site that is the only one to go to. That's the beauty of the net - we can keep our beloved H-T but still have hatch-only sites to check too
Old 04-08-2002, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: For you Hatchback owners. (VTEC CX)

wont even waste my time , but i still love you fellow tech brother
always promise to obey the D

[Modified by JDM Dasilva, 7:19 PM 4/8/2002]
Old 04-08-2002, 08:40 PM

Default Re: For you Hatchback owners. (JDM Dasilva)

ok, well here is my opinion....tornactive.com, i really like your website and i cant wait till all the parts are up there....i think you got a great idea and when your site is fully up let me know, i will spread the word......sick of all the haters around here...let me know man, ill run a sticker or somethin...lol....
Old 04-08-2002, 10:41 PM

Default Re: For you Hatchback owners. (ProjectSpoon)

i was a member on CHB.com and it was the only board i used to read, but unlike you think it has probably the best b20 and b20/vtec swap info than all the other sites combined.

as for hatchshop.com, its looking good just need more products
Old 04-09-2002, 12:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: For you Hatchback owners. (DxHatchback)

Re: For you Hatchback owners. (4g4me) (DxHatchback)

looks good to me also

Old 04-09-2002, 06:47 AM

Default Re: For you Hatchback owners. (Spoon1)

hatchshop is comming along - keep it up.

*the membership fee for chb.com was no big deal for me. it beats the mugen radiator cap that i spent more money on. lol

keep up the good work man.

[Modified by B( * Y * )BIES, 7:47 AM 4/9/2002]
Old 04-09-2002, 08:42 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: For you Hatchback owners. (B( * Y * )BIES)

Old 04-09-2002, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

At least you did not complain about the looks of the site, thats what I was worried about.

As for the membership...
with a board of 1,000 members..35+mb a month..and time to run it = alot of cash!!!
It cost ALOT of money to run a weboard [that is not FREE to webmasters] of that volume or even H-Atech..geese oh mighty..I bet you have no idea how much space this board takes. Luckily the owners of H-A board know their **** and have a very stable and professional server and database.

I must say Zeroforum is an excellent board. Fast as hell, and cool looking. Only gripe is the search function.

But, I simply cannot afford to run the CHB site for FREE. I dont make that much money..sorry dude. Some things in life are not FREE.

But thanks for compliments and comments. I take them and learn.

Thanks!!

Rob
Rob,
I'm not bashing your CHB site..as a matter of fact, I used to frequent it often. I think the idea of a site dedicated solely to hatches is great and I understand that it costs money to run it. However, as with any other business out there, it's an investment. If you kept your site running for free for at least some time then decided to charge, that's one thing. But to charge upfront before the site has significantly established itself is bad business practice in my opinion. I haven't had the chance to check the site recently as no one is allowed to view it without being a paid member, but from what I've heard from my friends who are paid members is that the site has significantly dropped in its posting and growth. If I am mistaken about this, then I apologize and more power to you.

From a business standpoint though, I don't see how a site can grow and attract new members when people are not even allowed to browse the boards to check the site out. As for the costs of running the site, from what I've seen, the site itself is an advertisement for Tornactive which is a vital part of running a business. It just seems to me that you're using the site as an advertisement for Tornactive while charging the members of the site to cover the costs of that advertisement (ie. running the site). Like I said before, when a site has a strong foundation and is very attractive to it's members, the advertisers will come. There are so many import sites out there such as Honda-Tech and Club Si that seem to do fine without charging it's members. And that's because they attract a lot of advertisers. You're supposed to be making money from the advertisers, not the members. Like I said, I think your ideas for sites focusing on hatchbacks and hatchback parts is great. It's just that I think you can go about doing it better. This is just my opinion and I'm in no way bashing you or your sites. In any case, good luck.
-Dave

[Modified by PhAtBoY Si, 4:03 PM 4/9/2002]

Quick Reply: For you Hatchback owners.