Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Yonaka Half Shaft ?

Old 01-26-2014, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yonaka Half Shaft ?

Has anyone here ever used a Yonaka Half Shaft or know someone who has...Is it any good or should I just buy a used one at a local shop junk yard.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Yonaka Half Shaft ?

Originally Posted by jdmsir4dr
Has anyone here ever used a Yonaka Half Shaft or know someone who has...Is it any good or should I just buy a used one at a local shop junk yard.
They make a nice exhaust but I wouldn't buy anything else from yonaka. I wouldn't go to a junkyard. No telling if it will go bad in a week or a year. Go to local parts store and get a replacement with a warranty.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dont listen to him lol. i have a yonaka half shaft on my b20 civic eg and its really good quality. slightly beefier than stock. ive had it on the car for a few months now.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:02 PM
Pooping on children

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your going to buy anything but factory, spend the money and buy it from a reputable company. DSS, Insane, etc.
dont listen to him lol. i have a yonaka half shaft on my b20 civic eg and its really good quality. slightly beefier than stock. ive had it on the car for a few months now.
A few months with a b20? NEVERMIND BUY YONAKA NOW!!!!!

for clarity are you talking about the intermediate shaft or the cv axles? I have the DSS 1000hp axle/hub setup with the intermediate shaft, I wouldnt use any intermediate shaft except for oem or DSS
Old 01-26-2014, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Drive shaft shop ftw yonaka is like blox and other knock off companys complete ****. Haven't heard any good things regarding their suspension components etc....
Old 01-26-2014, 09:25 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

If you don't know what Yonaka is, don't talk about Yonaka.

They're a grassroots company that has been making and selling good hardware for 13 years. There is nothing wrong with their halfshaft. I have one for my car when my swap is ready, and I've installed them on three other B series motors, as well as two H series motors. The first B series I installed one one was installed more than three years ago, has seen 500BHP from a Darton-sleeved, PTE6262-powered block, and has been dumped on the track, abused, over-revved, and just generally beaten to ****. it, as well as the other 5 I've installed, are all still kickin' just fine.

Are DSS intermediate shafts better? Yes. They're made from a better metal. Is there anything wrong with the Yonaka unit for a street-driven car? Hell no, rock that ****.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why is all their stuff sooo cheap ? Is it aceptable if you're on a budget...sure but 450$ coilovers and stage 3 clutch kits for 180$ not even once would i put that near my car. you get what you pay for op it's your car you can put what ever you want on it, i'm just answering your question.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:46 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Looking into the company, I'm going to guess their coilovers are Taiwanese crap. I don't know, nor do I care - I don't plan on buying them. Coilovers are a high profit margin item - any company who makes and sells car parts would be stupid not to sell them. I've heard more than a couple of their exhausts, though - they sound good. As for clutches, I would probably put them along the same lines as a replacement from your local parts store. Their clutch discs aren't "too cheap", but the pressure plates are.

That all being said, no one is talking about their coilovers, or their exhausts, or their clutches. OP is asking about their halfshaft. The halfshaft is definitely a good unit, and is a solid upgrade over stock.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im using a yonaka clutch and it has been better then that XTD shyt.. id say their quality is alil better then some of the off the wall brands..
Old 01-27-2014, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by apexi_rsx
Im using a yonaka clutch and it has been better then that XTD shyt.. id say their quality is alil better then some of the off the wall brands..
Your also comparing one no-name to another mildly well known for cheap exhausts name.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Discosteak
If your going to buy anything but factory, spend the money and buy it from a reputable company. DSS, Insane, etc.

A few months with a b20? NEVERMIND BUY YONAKA NOW!!!!!

for clarity are you talking about the intermediate shaft or the cv axles? I have the DSS 1000hp axle/hub setup with the intermediate shaft, I wouldnt use any intermediate shaft except for oem or DSS
unless you've personally used the yonaka halfshaft, dont put your useless input in.. just like notaracist said, its really not bad at all. and we are talking about the intermediate shaft, duh? 2 different names for one part, either could be the correct term.

i'm not trying to be rude, but ive used a lot of yonaka products, and they all seem pretty solid. especially the exhaust, header, and intermediate shaft. they are a little better known than ebay no-name crap

http://www.yonaka.com/
Old 01-27-2014, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by purgat0ry
Your also comparing one no-name to another mildly well known for cheap exhausts name.

Still too cheap for a ''clutch kit'', competition clutch, act and exedy are usally 350-450$ for their "stage" clutches.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:37 AM
I'm not Rick!

theres nothing wrong with yonaka. some of their stuff is made in japan if not in taiwan.
iv had alot of yonaka stuff. its "cheaper price" but not less quality. very comparable to "name brand stuff"
the "name brand" bandwagon is rediculous.
i had the coilovers. exhaust. suspension parts. etc. not 1 problem. and i abuse the car pretty hard
Old 01-27-2014, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rick_rabies
theres nothing wrong with yonaka. some of their stuff is made in japan if not in taiwan.
iv had alot of yonaka stuff. its "cheaper price" but not less quality. very comparable to "name brand stuff"
i had the coilovers. exhaust. suspension parts. etc. not 1 problem. and i abuse the car pretty hard
sometimes with the name-brand bandwagon, your just paying for the name.. this isnt saying ebay stuff is awesome, but you dont have to spend the extra $300 for an apexi ws2, say, compared to the yonaka catback. which in my opinion sounds very nice.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rick_rabies

I said it's aceptable if you're on a tight budget etc but there is MUCH better stuff out there, and i'll bet if you and others had the money for the more expensive parts you'd buy them in a snap. keep buying cheap stuff no one's stopping you, i've nevet done it tho.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ive seen many Name Brand $300 clutches fail as well ... for my 130 bux ill get my moneys worth....
Old 01-27-2014, 07:33 PM
Pooping on children

Originally Posted by RoseFuneral
unless you've personally used the yonaka halfshaft, dont put your useless input in.. just like notaracist said, its really not bad at all. and we are talking about the intermediate shaft, duh? 2 different names for one part, either could be the correct term.

i'm not trying to be rude, but ive used a lot of yonaka products, and they all seem pretty solid. especially the exhaust, header, and intermediate shaft. they are a little better known than ebay no-name crap

http://www.yonaka.com/
So by this logic your input is just as useless as mine. I dont see the logic in buying parts that are consider "really not bad" or "a little better known than ebay no name crap"

If you don't know what Yonaka is, don't talk about Yonaka.

They're a grassroots company that has been making and selling good hardware for 13 years. There is nothing wrong with their halfshaft. I have one for my car when my swap is ready, and I've installed them on three other B series motors, as well as two H series motors. The first B series I installed one one was installed more than three years ago, has seen 500BHP from a Darton-sleeved, PTE6262-powered block, and has been dumped on the track, abused, over-revved, and just generally beaten to ****. it, as well as the other 5 I've installed, are all still kickin' just fine.

Are DSS intermediate shafts better? Yes. They're made from a better metal. Is there anything wrong with the Yonaka unit for a street-driven car? Hell no, rock that ****.
I dont see it as an upgrade the stock intermediate shaft will hold 500 BHP which is about 425 at the wheels.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Discosteak
So by this logic your input is just as useless as mine. I dont see the logic in buying parts that are consider "really not bad" or "a little better known than ebay no name crap"

I dont see it as an upgrade the stock intermediate shaft will hold 500 BHP which is about 425 at the wheels.
i've actually had hands on experience with it, and you havent. thats why my input isnt useless.

the yonaka half shaft is about 15% stronger than the oem one. just compare the 2 side by side, the yonaka one is beefier. its exactly as advertised. and does its job well. no issues. even fitment was spot on.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ITT: broke ppl defending their budget build parts.....
Old 01-28-2014, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive had it on the car for a few months now.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:28 PM
Crazy Honda Guy

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yonaka is known as a cheaper parts company for sure. I think some products are better than others.....if people are getting bargain parts for the ride, and they work well....nothing wrong with it really.

Other stuff of theirs is crap, do your research properly before purchasing
Old 01-28-2014, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by B_Swapped93
ITT: broke ppl defending their budget build parts.....
Quality input. Nothing wrong with having a budget.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Dabolina
Quality input. Nothing wrong with having a budget.
Not what i said look at what ppl said when i called yonaka a cheap knock off parts company...."ohh the name brand stuff is no better bla bla". Yet if they had the money they buy function 7 lca etc too.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B_Swapped93
Not what i said look at what ppl said when i called yonaka a cheap knock off parts company...."ohh the name brand stuff is no better bla bla". Yet if they had the money they buy function 7 lca etc too.
why would i spend the money on something that works just the same? im sorry but if something functions well, and is of decent quality, with a good price tag, its a win win for me. why buy a part that your just paying the extra money just for the name? ill save a few bucks.

research, reviews, hands on, all of that ties into what i buy, and what i dont buy.. im not going to pay more money just to pay more money. thats just retarded.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:13 PM
Pooping on children

i've actually had hands on experience with it, and you havent. thats why my input isnt useless.

the yonaka half shaft is about 15% stronger than the oem one. just compare the 2 side by side, the yonaka one is beefier. its exactly as advertised. and does its job well. no issues. even fitment was spot on.
The fitment better be spot on, its a machined part if it wasn't spot on it wont fit.

Also I never said I didnt have hands on experience with Yonaka, that is just you assuming. But thats ok, you guys can keep buying cheap chinese garbage for your 120hp cobbled together rust buckets. Dont listen to the guy who has been building these cars for 15 years.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Yonaka Half Shaft ?