Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Yonaka B series half shaft

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yonaka B series half shaft

I bought two B series intermediate shafts from Streetimports on eBay to replace the worn and loose bearings in both my Integras.

They shipped me one good and one bad half shaft. Street imports is adamant that the bad half shaft is good. They suggest I install it like it is, and hope the bearing fixes itself through mileage.

I've come here for some feedback from you guys. I think this is bullshit and my purchase for the bad half shaft should be refunded, simple as that. They wont refund anything. They want to charge a 35% restocking fee and make me pay for return shipping. According to them if I want to return the product for being defective I need to go through Yonaka, and not them.

Old 03-24-2014, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Yonaka B series half shaft

Just threaten them with appropriate action through paypal and/or ebay. If they are an authorized distributor/dealer for yonaka, they should honor the problem and issue you a replacement. If they are NOT a distributor recognized by yonaka, then you will most likely have to deal with yonaka directly on this matter. Make it adamantly clear that you have not removed the part from the packaging and you have made no attempt to install it whatsoever.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:50 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what this great thing called eBay disputes is made for. That isn't a healthy bearing. If they refuse to exchange it, you need to file a dispute.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good. Thanks guys
Old 03-25-2014, 04:28 AM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by EJ8_Man
adamant that the bad half shaft is good. They suggest I install it like it is, and hope the bearing fixes itself through mileage.
YA!

And install probably voids warranty too! Such excellent customer service! You're smart for not taking it out of the plastic package.

Make a dispute through ebay like stated, an then I would contact Yonaka and tell them about the great customer service StreetImport's is providing while selling their product.

Who knows, maybe Yonaka will take care of you directly.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I sent the video link to Street Imports and they offered a full refund. I still have to pay return shipping. These guys missed the customer service 101 class at Jr. College. No apology, no offer to make this "right" (i.e. We're man enough to admit error, we got your back. Here's a new half shaft and a coupon for some free ****) no no. These guys need to be boycotted.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:34 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Post it all over the web, that'll get there attention. I remember someone did that to tigerjdm back then and they finally got there act together. Epic ownage. I can't say the same for Skunk2 and the bounty situation.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had to pay $25 return shipping for their defective product. Either they cover it, or I spend my time publishing this experience all over the internets.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:58 PM
Technical Hero

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

File a dispute if they don't pay for shipping, trust me 11 times out of 10 buyers win.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HondaPartsHero
File a dispute if they don't pay for shipping, trust me 11 times out of 10 buyers win.
I wish I could say I fought the good fight. eBay stuck me with $25 return shipping on a 75$ part to cover the buyer selling defective products.

Then to make matters worse they closed the case. For anyone unfortunate enough to need eBay customer support you will quickly realize that once the case is closed, attempting to contact a support representative results in an infinite loop of links.

Eventually I gave up and googled it, which landed me here:http://ebay.about.com/od/frequentlya...ontactebay.htm

At this point I could care less about the $25. I care more about being screwed by corporate America. I assure you I am not the first or the last that will deal with this type of BS. The only hope is to spread the awareness to others, that while it may be a convenience to have sites like eBay, they will not hesitate to screw you if it saves them from paying for a few man hours of customer support. This is a privledge of being multi billion dollar organization. Welcome to America, and happy bidding.