Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

y Need info on Bar'd Civic Hatchback

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need info on Bar'd Civic Hatchback

I have a 1993 Civic Hatchback with a Stock JDM B16A. The only thing missing is the ECU. I do have a JDM p30 and a USDM p28. Well I was wondering what do I do if I can't get a hold of a USDM p30? and where is the best ref station around the Los Angeles area? Thanks in advance for any info!
Old 12-13-2006, 05:44 PM

Im not from Cali, but from what i've read I believe you NEED the ECU that originally came with the motor from the factory to get it BAR'd. I'm about 90 percent certain so if im wrong, hopefully someone with more experience in BAR can correct me. As for availability...it shouldnt be TOO hard to come across one. Good luck though man!

As for local stations...hopefully someone else can help you with that.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (I Shot 50 Cent)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I Shot 50 Cent &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im not from Cali, but from what i've read I believe you NEED the ECU that originally came with the motor from the factory to get it BAR'd. I'm about 90 percent certain so if im wrong, hopefully someone with more experience in BAR can correct me. As for availability...it shouldnt be TOO hard to come across one. Good luck though man!

As for local stations...hopefully someone else can help you with that. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know I do need a ecu thanks. Anyone else with more info????
Old 12-14-2006, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM Daddy)

wow no info from honda-tech. this is the first
Old 12-14-2006, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (JDM Daddy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM Daddy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow no info from honda-tech. this is the first </TD></TR></TABLE>

this is because it has been discussed more than enough times that it gets to be a bitch posting the same crap over and over and over and over and over...

use the usdm equivalent to the b16. (this will depend if your going obd1 or going obd2...del sol b16 is obd1 i believe? and 99-00 b16 is obd2) you will not pass using the jdm ecu . you need to get the b16 ecu and take it to the dealership and have them print out a paper saying that the ecu you have works with this engine..

(all they do is print out an order sheet like your buying a brand new ecu for the b16 engine. it will have the part number of the ecu make sure your part number on the your ecu matches and that is what the bar refs want to see)

some want the paper from the dealer others do not care. so it all depends.

and a good station is at east la college. if you do a search you can find it on the boards which places people have had good experiences.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (cxSHOE)

I always go to ELAC for my ref stuff

And yes this topic is beyond old. Theres a few things in the FAQ thread you could check up like a ref review.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cxSHOE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

this is because it has been discussed more than enough times that it gets to be a bitch posting the same crap over and over and over and over and over...

use the usdm equivalent to the b16. (this will depend if your going obd1 or going obd2...del sol b16 is obd1 i believe? and 99-00 b16 is obd2) you will not pass using the jdm ecu . you need to get the b16 ecu and take it to the dealership and have them print out a paper saying that the ecu you have works with this engine..

(all they do is print out an order sheet like your buying a brand new ecu for the b16 engine. it will have the part number of the ecu make sure your part number on the your ecu matches and that is what the bar refs want to see)

some want the paper from the dealer others do not care. so it all depends.

and a good station is at east la college. if you do a search you can find it on the boards which places people have had good experiences.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well I know its a old topic but i did a search and didn't come up with anything. Sorry and Thanks for the info