Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Y do ppl do RHD conversion in the U.S.?

Old 02-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Y do ppl do RHD conversion in the U.S.?

Just curious. Is it to look cool or what?
Old 02-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Y do ppl do RHD conversion in the U.S.? (hondachris1994)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondachris1994 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> look cool?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondachris1994 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just curious. Is it to look cool or what?</TD></TR></TABLE>

why do you drive a civic with a b16?

my guess is because you like it? that's just a wild, out of the blue guess....
Old 02-27-2006, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Y do ppl do RHD conversion in the U.S.? (Mr.RHTuner)

i thought everyone wanted to be like the mailman
Old 02-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

everyone does **** for themshelves... not to ******* get questioned by a chump *** like you

uhhh why u mod your car ?
Old 02-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Y do ppl do RHD conversion in the U.S.? (tallyturbo)

cause people like rice, and JDM is the new rice! But seriously, jdm is overrated...more of a trend.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Y do ppl do RHD conversion in the U.S.? (core3200tm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by core3200tm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">everyone does **** for themshelves... not to ******* get questioned by a chump *** like you

uhhh why u mod your car ? </TD></TR></TABLE> I was asking a serious question which requires serious answers not a **** *** answer like urs ""chump ***"" Wtf is that anyways...

and to everyone else....Thanks for the comments and keep them coming
Old 02-27-2006, 04:22 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondachris1994 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I was asking a serious question which requires serious answers not a **** *** answer like urs ""chump ***"" Wtf is that anyways...

and to everyone else....Thanks for the comments and keep them coming </TD></TR></TABLE>

stop being a jack lick. ppl do rhd conversions cause they want to. same reason you do any mod to your car. they think it looks cool maybe or their left handed. who cares. this is not a serious question either
Old 02-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Y do ppl do RHD conversion in the U.S.? (Civicse)

people want what they cant have.

US cars do not come in RHD and the "better" japanese cars do.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the final answer to this age old question.. Why do RHD?

The ANSWER:
Ability to drive-thru checkers without a passenger in the car

Old 02-27-2006, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Y do ppl do RHD conversion in the U.S.? (TurboEM1)

The JDM cars have better motors, so people think that EVERY thing about the car is better. Only total posers and losers convert their car to sit in the wrong side. I find it less safe, since the entire rest of the 228 million cars drive here are LHD. Its a bad mod, an engine is one thing, but changing the frame just to be different, i mean thats just dumb, cause your being different for the sake of being different, a philosophy only understood by rebellious teenagers trying to make a statement. in the REAL world, RHDs are looked down on.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Y do ppl do RHD conversion in the U.S.? (midniteweezer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by midniteweezer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The JDM cars have better motors, so people think that EVERY thing about the car is better. Only total posers and losers convert their car to sit in the wrong side. I find it less safe, since the entire rest of the 228 million cars drive here are LHD. Its a bad mod, an engine is one thing, but changing the frame just to be different, i mean thats just dumb, cause your being different for the sake of being different, a philosophy only understood by rebellious teenagers trying to make a statement. in the REAL world, RHDs are looked down on.</TD></TR></TABLE>

changing to rhd isn't really rebellious though is it? i mean is there a big group out there who absolutely hate rhd vehicles in north america? and what kind of statement does that make? I want to inconveinience myself at drivethroughs?
Old 02-27-2006, 04:37 PM

Default Re: Y do ppl do RHD conversion in the U.S.? (.Lloyd Braun)

i'm neither left or right. i sit in the middle of my car. my shifter is on the roof. i'm a badasss
Old 02-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Y do ppl do RHD conversion in the U.S.? (.Lloyd Braun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Lloyd Braun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thieves can't shift with their left hand.....duh</TD></TR></TABLE>

good point..but..i sat in passenger seat 1 day..and acted like i had RHD..felt pretty easy :-P
Old 02-27-2006, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Y do ppl do RHD conversion in the U.S.? (Civicse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Civicse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

? I want to inconveinience myself at drivethroughs?</TD></TR></TABLE>
ROFLMAO!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 04:50 PM
TSPeed Factory

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by original poster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why do people do RHD conversion in the US?</TD></TR></TABLE>

because what we do is a hobby, and if some people feel the need that a RHD conversion will make them enjoy their hobby more then so be it.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

come on guys cant take a joke every now and then?

hence the fact i had the there

lol
Old 02-27-2006, 05:34 PM
EckoTech

Default Re: Y do ppl do RHD conversion in the U.S.? (AzntaggeR)

rhd are for attention ******.

Sidenote: I like RHD cars. lol.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Y do ppl do RHD conversion in the U.S.? (midniteweezer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by midniteweezer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The JDM cars have better motors, so people think that EVERY thing about the car is better. Only total posers and losers convert their car to sit in the wrong side. I find it less safe, since the entire rest of the 228 million cars drive here are LHD. Its a bad mod, an engine is one thing, but changing the frame just to be different, i mean thats just dumb, cause your being different for the sake of being different, a philosophy only understood by rebellious teenagers trying to make a statement. in the REAL world, RHDs are looked down on.</TD></TR></TABLE>Think of a frontal offset collision on the driver's side of the cars involved. Here in the US that means that both drivers are impacting right in front of each other and having all of the force put right there aint good for the driver. Now imagine one or both cars involved are RHD. So they mess up the passenger side of the car, but their passengers don't have a steering column shoved down their mouths. Make sense?
Old 02-27-2006, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Y do ppl do RHD conversion in the U.S.? (imm0rt41)

Not to be an ***, i mean i like JDM style. because they're clean. I do also think that people take it a little overboard. People can do RHD conversion for all different reasons, some to look JDM, some to be like postman and others just for the challange of the coversion, there's no right answer to why people do it just like one of the guys said earlier. why do you mod your car. it's just do do it for yourself ( if not for yourself and to be cool or something then quit now ) As for the JDM think, I used to live there and i see alot of people here with civics and integras that are on the biggest jdm trip. If they really wanted to go jdm then they wouldn't be driving a honda or acura. not alot of people do over there. off point but anyways. it's all about personal preference and the joy of workin on your car.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If done right, the frame isnt going to be any weaker than stock.. the factory uses a welder just like you would if you were to convert your car to RHD.

i think it would be badass to have a RHD car
Old 02-27-2006, 07:02 PM
B A N N E D

Not to be a flamer but this question is a little broad to ask. This question is almost the same as which is better aem intake or an ebay intake. Its pointless almost to answer either question.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kaoss_11)

got tired of driving on the left
Old 02-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

to make your car unique from other cars, saying that u have a car thats "one of a kind"...because that is the main reason people mod their cars, right?
Old 02-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Multi-paradigm

Default Re: (kaoss_11)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kaoss_11 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not to be a flamer but this question is a little broad to ask. This question is almost the same as which is better aem intake or an ebay intake. Its pointless almost to answer either question.</TD></TR></TABLE>

...but I'll add a quick note. I think a lot of people have a wide variety of reasons for doing the RHD thing. I'm sure a lot of people do it for attention, of course. But I'm sure there are some people out there who do it just because that's what the hobby is all about to them. What some of you need to understand is that there are actually people out there who don't care about the attention and what everyone else on the road thinks; They do it for their own personal enjoyment. Meaning if they were the only person on the planet with the only car on the planet, they would still do it because for whatever reason, they enjoy driving their car that much more. It's like people who customize their cars by doing **** like gutting their interior and putting roll cages in their car...even though the car never even goes near a race track; For some of those people, just being on the road and feeling like they're in a race car (not necessarily driving like one) is just something they enjoy.

I know that's why I enjoyed Go-Karts when I was a kid.

But not everyone is that way, as I said. JDM Ricers =

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Y do ppl do RHD conversion in the U.S.?