Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

WTF is this sensor???

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTF is this sensor???

It is from a B16A2, it was bolted to the fuel rail...and it had a vacuum line from the big canister on the firewall...i'm using a 98 Gsr harness, and i have no plug for it. as they are all used, except the IAB plug (which i dont have them, obviously)

i'm thinking its the Evap Purge, but i'm not totally sure.

pic
Old 08-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: WTF is this sensor??? (spooncivic1)

Yep, its your evap purge control solenoid!!
Old 08-20-2006, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF is this sensor??? (hondadriver)

HONDA FOR 100....
Old 08-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF is this sensor??? (hondadriver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondadriver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yep, its your evap purge control solenoid!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

At least somebody else other than me knows their parts.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good, i'm going to trash it then

unless anyone wants to buy it , but seriously
Old 08-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF is this sensor??? (Red_EM2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Red_EM2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

At least somebody else other than me knows their parts. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Too bad you don't know what a B18A or B is.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF is this sensor??? (Attoir)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Attoir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Too bad you don't know what a B18A or B is. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ahaaaaaaaaaaaaha nice.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:01 PM

a you retarded! you going to trash this sensor? I bet know one on here can tell me what the purpose of the evap purge solnoids job is. ricers!
Old 08-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF is this sensor??? (crx1.8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crx1.8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a you retarded! you going to trash this sensor? I bet know one on here can tell me what the purpose of the evap purge solnoids job is. ricers! </TD></TR></TABLE>

its pretty much worthless, when i dont even have a plug for it on my harness

and i dont have emissions here. so i'm not worried about it
Old 08-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Attoir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Too bad you don't know what a B18A or B is. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You know what? You can just kiss my ***. simply because I dont know what a 10 year old Honda engine code is, when I have only been in the Honda learning phase for a year, does't mean I dont know anything else. So get up off my nuts, and know who you are talking to before saying stupid ****.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Red_EM2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You know what? You can just kiss my ***. simply because I dont know what a 10 year old Honda engine code is, when I have only been in the Honda learning phase for a year, does't mean I dont know anything else. So get up off my nuts, and know who you are talking to before saying stupid ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You've been in the Honda learning phase for a year, but YOU KNOW YOUR PARTS! You seem to be impressed that someone else COMPARES to your knowledge of Honda parts.

At least somebody else other than me knows their parts. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I mean, wtf dude. The LS engine has it's own damn following. Not to mention the B20, which is another non-vtec B Series. BOTH of those motors were produced until 2001, they're not '10 year old' motors.

Don't brag about what a freaking honda parts guru you are when you don't know ****. You can learn, but you haven't, yet.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Attoir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't brag about what a freaking <U>honda</U> parts guru you are when you don't know ****. You can learn, but you haven't, yet.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I never ONCE said that I was a Honda parts guy. I have neither worked in a performance Honda shop, nor a dealership. I do not know about alot of things. But there are alot of things I DO know.

Just because of the fact that I did'nt follow Honda back before I bought my car in 2004, doesnt mean I am a total idiot. Im not ASE certified in parts for nothing. You cant know nothing about law and become a lawyer.

All I simply said, was that there are people out there, like myself, that know what a particular part is just by looking at it. Some parts, I couldnt tell you what it is for the life of me or my family.

Alot of sensors are easily identifiable. TPS, MAP, IACV, MAF, CPS, CKP, CMP, and what not. But just because I dont know the difference in a non-VTEC b18 and a VTEC b18, doesnt mean I dont know what the hell I am talking about when I talk about cars.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, you've got to be of O'Reilly's or Autozone quality to be ASE Parts certified.

Nothing against O'Reilly's employees.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Attoir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, you've got to be of O'Reilly's or Autozone quality to be ASE Parts certified.

Nothing against O'Reilly's employees.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What does the particular store have anything to do with it? I worked for O'Reilly's for 3 years, and would, and plan on, going back, in a heartbeat. I would also go with C.S.K. or PepBoys if they had one here, or Advacne, NAPA, AutoZone if they offered me decent money.

Thats like saying a McDonalds employee knows how to make better burgers than a FatMo's worker.

You are narrowminded dude. Get your head out of your ***, maybe that will help.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I WORKED AT O'REILLY's man. I loved it, too. I'm just saying the ASE Parts certification program does not give you credibility.

So, what I'm trying to say, is you saying, "Wow, you know as much about parts as I do."

is like the aforementioned McDonald's employee watching Wolfgang Puck cook a gormet meal, identifying a single ingredient (eg: Wow, that's a bell pepper!), and then saying:

"At least SOMEONE other than me knows how to cook."

edit: BTW, you're an **** bumcover.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:10 PM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

God man. You guys are thread jacking to argue over the internet?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crx1.8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a you retarded! you going to trash this sensor? I bet know one on here can tell me what the purpose of the evap purge solnoids job is. ricers! </TD></TR></TABLE>

The EVAP solenoid is used on US Honda vehicles to vent the gas tank vapors through the engine, rather than into open air. That solenoid is controlled by US ECU's and when activated, will use the engine vaccum to pull the gas tank vapors through a charchol canister, where is mixes with air, and enters via the throttle body in most cases.

JDM ECU's can't control it, so you have to vent the system to air. If you have to pass emissions, you should be ok. You will fail visual if they check, and in California, forget it. You need this.

Edit: And your harness should have a plug for this. Check your wire colors with a Helms manual to verify you have all plugs in the right spot.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:56 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Red_EM2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">At least somebody else other than me knows their parts. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i think attoir is trying to say your cockiness is similar to a mickey d's employee bragging how they mastered the art of flipping burgers on an automatic conveyer burger grilling technomatic 2000.

btw, bragging about being ase parts certified is similar to bragging about being a jiffy lube fluid replacement technician of the week.

yo, i do like your gallery pics. i think there was like 10 whips just like yours at the honda dealership. those damn japs are jacking your style. i don't like to diss and thread jack, but i can't stand these fools.

everyone appreciates help and you are "THE most helpful parts guy on H-T", however you do it for self pleasure and really, you give a **** about the needy.

Modified by TH22EK9 at 7:08 AM 8/21/2006
Old 08-20-2006, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF is this sensor??? (TH22EK9)

OH ****! Straight jacked by E-Thugs! or parts know it all thugs... lol
Old 08-21-2006, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF is this sensor??? (TH22EK9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TH22EK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i think attoir is trying to say your cockiness is similar to a mickey d's employee bragging how they mastered the art of flipping burgers on an automatic conveyer burger grilling technomatic 2000.

btw, bragging about being ase parts certified is similar to bragging about being a jiffy lube fluid replacement technician of the week.

yo, i do like your gallery pics. i think there was like 10 whips just like yours at the honda dealership. those damn japs are jacking your style. i don't like to diss and thread jack, but i can't stand these fools.

everyone appreciates help and you are "THE most helpful parts guy on H-T", however you do it for self pleasure and really, you give a **** about the needy.

Modified by TH22EK9 at 7:08 AM 8/21/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>

You sir, rock. Said it better than I could have. Check out the PM convo we had.

(10:04 PM 8/20/2006) Red_EM2: So ASE doesnt mean anything to you? So I guess a BAR lisence doesnt mean anything? Or an MD degree? Or a law enforcement license?

(10:05 PM 8/20/2006) Attoir: ASE doesn't mean anything to me. That'd be correct. And please don't compare an ASE Parts certification to an MD degree.

(10:08 PM 8/20/2006) Red_EM2: It is the leading standard in an industry. You wouldnt want a police officer walking around without a certification, neither a doctor or a lawyer. Same way with a mechanic/parts person. You dont want someone that doesn't know what hes talking about. "Let me get a Rear differential seal on a 91 mustang" "Does it have ABS?"

(10:09 PM 8/20/2006) Red_EM2: Imagine if all parts store employees didnt know what the hell they were selling. "I need a new MAP sensor" "What the expletive is that?"

(10:10 PM 8/20/2006) Attoir: You'd hit the god damn F4 button and type in MAP. The leading standard is a low standard.

(10:11 PM 8/20/2006) Attoir: The certification gives absolutely nobody credibility. It gives you a patch to wear on your shirt, and the store a sticker to put on the front window
Old 08-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Lan
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Attoir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I WORKED AT O'REILLY's man. I loved it, too.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Watch out! This guy WORKED at O'REILLY's!!! You must know your ****!!

Edit: I am retarded

Modified by Lan at 2:08 PM 8/21/2006
Old 08-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Attoir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm just saying the ASE Parts certification program does not give you credibility.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Someone failed their ASE test. Remember, Technician B is a dumbass.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF is this sensor??? (Turbogixxer)

I am issuing a formal apology to any of you whom I may have offended. Particulary Red EM2.

BTW, nice sig Turbo, good to see I'm not the ONLY one who knows how to tune cars. (I passed EFI 101 in DFW last year. I am S-M-R-T.)
Old 08-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Lan
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Attoir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am issuing a formal apology to any of you whom I may have offended. Particulary Red EM2.

BTW, nice sig Turbo, good to see I'm not the ONLY one who knows how to tune cars. (I passed EFI 101 in DFW last year. I am S-M-R-T.)</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is noble of you Very noble
Old 08-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF is this sensor??? (Lan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Attoir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am issuing a formal apology to any of you whom I may have offended. Particulary Red EM2.

BTW, nice sig Turbo, good to see I'm not the ONLY one who knows how to tune cars. (I passed EFI 101 in DFW last year. I am S-M-R-T.)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did I miss something here???
Old 08-21-2006, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not tryin to take sides...but that was the first thing I noticed when I read the first few posts - the way Em2 made it sound like everybody else knows dick compared to him.

No offense EM2, that's just how it came out, I'm sure you didn't mean it like that...right?