Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

WTF is on my fuel rail!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF is on my fuel rail!!!

i bought a d16 y8 head off ebay, and i was just looking at the parts to get ready to do a mini-me, and i was looking at the fuel rail, and on it some black sensor, i have no idea wtf it is, but i was look on ebay and found one that has the same thing as i do, if any1 can identify it i would appreciate it, thanks
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW
Old 09-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF is on my fuel rail!!! (young noob)

that is ur EGR valve. damn you payd hell for that. i paayd 40 for mine.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

did you message him?

Looks like some sort of purge selenoid??? can't really tell from pix.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:08 PM

Default Re: WTF is on my fuel rail!!! (fast95eg8)

no i thought egr valves didn't come on 96-00 d16y8, i thought egr valves were an obd-1 thing, but thats not mine, i only paid 150 bucks shipped for my mini-me swap without the intake manifold, he gave me everything else though, caz im going to buy a performer x one and just grind down the jg edlebrock and peformer x sign im going sleeper
Old 09-13-2006, 04:01 PM

bump
Old 09-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its the EVAP purge solonoid. One end to vacuum, the other to the charcoal canister. Basically its emissions crap.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:05 PM

yeah its your evap purge soleniod. Instead of extending the clip on your y7 harness just re-use your old evap soleniod and mount it on the firewall or something secure.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:08 PM

Default Re: (ek_chris)

oooooo i know what it is know, gotcha, its not attached to the fuel rail in any way that if i took it off that i would get a fuel leak right?
Old 09-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (young noob)

Some idiots are driving up the price of the Y8 manifolds right now. What a big waste of money. You could get a Edelbrock or Skunk2 for just a little more. I just got a d16y8 intake mani for less than $30 on ebay because it didn't contain the words "d16y8". You could just get a Y5 intake manifold for much much cheaper. It's the same manifold except it has an EGR line tapped across all four runners. Easily blocked off.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (suspendedHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by young noob &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">... just grind down the jg edlebrock and peformer x sign im going sleeper </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah because anyone who knows anything about cars won't notice the difference between the stock manifold and that HUGE manifold with grind marks on it. But hey, you do you man.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:57 PM

Default Re: (SOHC4life 96)

lets be honest, most people could give a **** about sohc's, and most people could give a **** about honda's, there are a few actual ones out there that peform as people say they do, and there is a lot of stereotype of that a car has to look fast to be fast, esp. with an n/a sohc, and most races when hoods are popped before are at night anyways, but enough of that, and anyone who knows anything about cars knows what my stock manifold looks like, its not like i would have the stock one right there to compare quit hating, and about the grind marks, im just going to then lightly grind down the rest of the PLENUM and not the runners, and then let dirt do its work to hide the rest
Old 09-13-2006, 08:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (young noob)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by young noob &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lets be honest, most people could give a **** about sohc's, and most people could give a **** about honda's, there are a few actual ones out there that peform as people say they do, and there is a lot of stereotype of that a car has to look fast to be fast, esp. with an n/a sohc, and most races when hoods are popped before are at night anyways, but enough of that, and anyone who knows anything about cars knows what my stock manifold looks like, its not like i would have the stock one right there to compare quit hating, and about the grind marks, im just going to then lightly grind down the rest of the PLENUM and not the runners, and then let dirt do its work to hide the rest </TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude, I'm not hating. I said you do whatever you want it's your car. I'm just saying they look nothing alike. The Edlebrock manifold is HUGE, no stock honda manifold is that big. Besides anyone who drives a honda knows what a stock manifold would look like, and how many cars will you be racing that aren't hondas?

I'm not going to get into an argument with you about this, I'm just trying to save you from wasting your time and possibly ruining the resale of the manifold.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:13 PM

Default Re: (SOHC4life 96)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC4life 96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Dude, I'm not hating. I said you do whatever you want it's your car. I'm just saying they look nothing alike. The Edlebrock manifold is HUGE, no stock honda manifold is that big. Besides anyone who drives a honda knows what a stock manifold would look like, and how many cars will you be racing that aren't hondas?

I'm not going to get into an argument with you about this, I'm just trying to save you from wasting your time and possibly ruining the resale of the manifold.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i understand, but i won't be selling this anytime soon once i get it, its n/a for a little bit, then boost in about 10 months