Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

WTF to mount my smic....? LOOK! [email protected][email protected]#%^[email protected]#

Old 09-16-2004, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF to mount my smic....? LOOK! [email protected][email protected]#%^[email protected]#

...yeah its not the typical DSM Side mount... its from a saab.... anyone with any clue...? doesnt really fit anywhere...? return it? or use it somehow...

and dont gimme bullshit about doing a search, i looked long and hard, tried to improvise with the damn thing, and look on other forums...
Old 09-16-2004, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF to mount my smic....? LOOK! [email protected][email protected]#%^[email protected]# (al3e)

Ive seen people cut the tubing and re-weld it so it can be hung as a front mount.
Think they used a dsm sidemount though, but cutting and welding... is cutting and welding whatever brand it is.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF to mount my smic....? LOOK! [email protected][email protected]#%^[email protected]# (mwieczorek43)

^^^^ yeah i've seen that to..thats is what i would reccomend doing.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:58 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: WTF to mount my smic....? LOOK! [email protected][email protected]#%^[email protected]# (al3e)

I seen a guy do that on a 6th gen, so may not fit your side.
..Thats a Intercooler? Thought it was a oil cooler, **** its tiny. Is it even effective? I mean its so small, does it even work? Like would it may be more affective to use pipes>?
Old 09-16-2004, 02:58 PM

...okay... so it would be looping like a U on the side...? ehhhh think im just ganna get rid of it already and just get a real dsm one...?
Old 09-16-2004, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just get a 5" frontmount from http://www.johnnyracecar.com good deal.
Way better than any sidemount.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:25 PM

Default Re: WTF to mount my smic....? LOOK! [email protected][email protected]#%^[email protected]# (mwieczorek43)

ehhhh i dont want no bling bling intercooler... im not boostin much either...... i need a cheapppppy ic
Old 09-21-2004, 11:30 AM

ugghh i found a palce to put it... would work perfect... but i sold the smic... but lay the smic where the resognator air box n **** would go(right behind the pass. headlight) ...not the greatest air flow... but still would work...right?
Old 09-21-2004, 12:01 PM
Unceasing Measure

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by al3e &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ehhhh i dont want no bling bling intercooler... im not boostin much either...... i need a cheapppppy ic</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you're not boosting much then:

A.) you don't need an intercooler and
B.) the pressure drop is going to do more harm than good as far as performance goes.

Either get a real intercooler and run more boost or don't bother with one and keep it low. No reason for an intercooler on like 6psi .
Old 09-21-2004, 12:03 PM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

You can place it where the air conditioner radiator (or whatever they call it) used to go.

Or you can place it where you intake used to go in engine compartment. And run some kind of hose thru a hole so it feeds it air.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by al3e &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ehhhh i dont want no bling bling intercooler... im not boostin much either...... i need a cheapppppy ic</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF? You think a well built, good quality front mount intercooler for only $155 isn't cheap? Are you kidding? That is nothing compared to ANY other brand name front mount out there. And if you dont want "bling bling" then just paint it flat black, its real easy. Theres really no point to that tiny *** sidemount and like someone else already said, theres no point in running an intercooler with low boost setups. FYI this post belongs in F/I.