Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

WTF Happened to Honda-tech.com? My rant, or Pissed Old Timer

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTF Happened to Honda-tech.com? My rant, or Pissed Old Timer

WTF happened to this board? I remember, back in the day, Spade would post daily about serious motor builds, there was actually tech about building engines, swaps etc. Now all we get is "CAI, yes or no?" Welcome to 1997 *******. Where were you? Seriously, all I read now is "will x-door panel fit x car?" or my favorite was about APC tail lights... are you shitting me? What the expletive happened to the Honda-tech I used to know? Did all the true Honda elite buy WRXs and now we are left with 15 year olds who know ****?

Here is a primer rundown so we can get to the meat:

Intake header exhaust AKA I/H/E Will not make you fast
Cold air intake AKA CAI may hydro lock if you are an asshat
APC= CRAP
EBAY= your best friend and worst enemy buyer beware
SOHC N/A = can be fastish if you spend money
B-series = cheap way to be kinda fast
Turbo= expensive way to be really fast
Suspension suspension suspension (GCs or Omni Power and some form of shock)
Sway bars are good, get them, beaks kit ROXSOR!
TIRES TIRES TIRES <- best mod EVARH
APC wings = TEH GHEY
Car wont start? Check main relay (driver side footwell)
Which is faster B, D, Turbo D, Turbo B?... How much money you got?

and last but not least
SEARCH!!!

That is all, I am tired now and have to go mourn. The EG/EK forum was once the lifeblood of the Planet, now... there are no words for my dissapointment.
Flame away, I don't care... I am so disappointed right now.

Old 03-28-2006, 07:54 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: WTF Happened to Honda-tech.com? My rant, or Pissed Old Timer (lonefuzzy79)

Old 03-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: WTF Happened to Honda-tech.com? My rant, or Pissed Old Timer (BauleyCivic)

meh...

all good things come to an end...
Old 03-28-2006, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF Happened to Honda-tech.com? My rant, or Pissed Old Timer (dohcdelsol)

think of whats happened in the past 5 years tho?

those that know better have realized that an econobox civic costs way too damn much to make even respectable compared to what else is out there now. i totally understand why this forum has gone down the toilet (along with many others on HT) because its just not the same type of person in here that it used to be.

members corner age honda tech > *
Old 03-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: WTF Happened to Honda-tech.com? My rant, or Pissed Old Timer (lonefuzzy79)

Too bad the "my car got stolen" threads are still weekly
Old 03-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: WTF Happened to Honda-tech.com? My rant, or Pissed Old Timer (D50boy)

You know I was just thinking about when I first joined this forum, and how some of the questions I asked were really stupid. But I have also learned a whole lot by spending hours reading what you "old timers" write.

I do agree with the fact that 85% of the topics are retarded. We just need to tell the newbs about the SEARCH button. I personally think it's the most useful thing on this site.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF Happened to Honda-tech.com? My rant, or Pissed Old Timer (boo bees)

none of them will listen

thats why they are noobs.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:26 PM

Default Re: WTF Happened to Honda-tech.com? My rant, or Pissed Old Timer (Kamin)

Everyone tells newbs to search, everytime I see someone tell a newb to search, 2 new users register. H-T is doomed no matter what.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bah...2002? You call yourself an oldtimer?

in before the lock.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah man, even since i joined this board has gone to ****. I guess it pays to have friends with hondas who are willing to help. It's sad that H-T has become my last resort =/
Old 03-28-2006, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF Happened to Honda-tech.com? My rant, or Pissed Old Timer (imm0rt41)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imm0rt41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah man, even since i joined this board has gone to ****. I guess it pays to have friends with hondas who are willing to help. It's sad that H-T has become my last resort =/</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL no offense man but you have been a member for like 4 months. you have no idea how much this board has changed.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF Happened to Honda-tech.com? My rant, or Pissed Old Timer (Kamin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kamin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOL no offense man but you have been a member for like 4 months. you have no idea how much this board has changed. </TD></TR></TABLE>

rofl
Old 03-28-2006, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF Happened to Honda-tech.com? My rant, or Pissed Old Timer (jdmjaser)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmjaser &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

rofl </TD></TR></TABLE>
I was a january 2002 member that got banned by George Knighton and he made me civilized in 2003. I remember when this forum was actually interesting to me and it always had something for me to learn. Now I just read thru things and tell n00bs to search and direct them to the meat of this forum...the FAQ thread. Change is a beeeoch....if there was a way to force them to read the FAQ for the forums and inject them with some "IQ" then we'd be good. It would seem the newer generations of humans (younger than me of course) are not more stupid...just lacking in common sense and the ability to think on their own.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF Happened to Honda-tech.com? My rant, or Pissed Old Timer (GTlvr82)

I'm sick of non-sense posts also.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:05 PM

Out of every

Default Re: WTF Happened to Honda-tech.com? My rant, or Pissed Old Timer (fast88std)

i believe you guys when you say it was more tech back in the day. i was just talking about how the first page on this thread is just full of sensless ?'s.

search is your best friend
Old 03-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well even when i first started on here i remeber that there was always good threads and writeups.. but it has just gone downhill.. me personally got rid of myt Honda in favor for a Suzuki GsxR. But will be back in the honda game. Honda tech is like a place that you will always go to for info.. which is what has happend to teh board. it has turned into a library of information, as appose to a forum..
Old 03-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

have not been "here" for that long. the crap to worthwhile ratio is evident everywhere. H-T is not immune.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:06 PM

****** riceers
Old 03-28-2006, 11:22 PM
B A N N E D

h-t fell off a little, so we figured the problem but the question is how do we get it back to its original prestige. And that will be our solution
Old 03-28-2006, 11:48 PM

Out of every

Default Re: (kaoss_11)

dont let them post during the trial. make them search for the ?'s they have first. haha
Old 03-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kaoss_11)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kaoss_11 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">h-t fell off a little, so we figured the problem but the question is how do we get it back to its original prestige. And that will be our solution</TD></TR></TABLE>
I don't think you really can. I found this website in late 2000. I did my first B series swap because of the information on this site. Pioneers of this site have either moved on to better things, or dont have time. Many of the new members dont know what it used to be like and have no frame of reference. I dont think we will ever be able to take it back to what it used to be. I will still keep checking the site to see whats new.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (e gee two)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by e gee two &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont let them post during the trial. make them search for the ?'s they have first. haha</TD></TR></TABLE>
This man here has the solution. It WILL work if when they sign up they are presented with a page that tells them why they can't post for their trial period and what the intent is and why we have this intent. Now we just need to bring this idea before the judge and jury (the mods). Someone get a mod in here. I've been off this site for a while due to deployment so I lost track of who the mods are.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

archive search is my only friend.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GTlvr82)

I don't know if not letting new people post during the trail would solve anything. If anything it would turn them else where. I've been on honda-tech forever, but only registered to post not to long ago. Never really had a reason to. Im sure thiers others out thier that are doing the same, and when they finally decide they do wanna sign up and post, they'll be pist. Or atleast I would be.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Your mommas bed, that might be true too ..., So Cali, USA
Default Re: (EK-Chris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kaoss_11 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">h-t fell off a little, so we figured the problem but the question is how do we get it back to its original prestige. And that will be our solution</TD></TR></TABLE>

Whats up man, Yea it did fall off, but i dont think it will be the same though i used to love comin on here all the time as a youngin it was fun, the homies would always post somethin up it was cool .... now i dont know ....

Quick Reply: WTF Happened to Honda-tech.com? My rant, or Pissed Old Timer