Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Write up w/ Pics: Integra Power Steering connection-alternative to changing out the pump

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Write up w/ Pics: Integra Power Steering connection-alternative to changing out the pump

How to adapt your existing Power Steering hose to the Pump with your GSR or Type R Swap

I know this is a common problem that we all face when swapping. Cheap and effective.

The tools you’ll need will be a Tubing Cutter and a Barrel Reamer or something rigid to ream sharp edges after you cut tubes. That plus when you cut the tube it will make the Inside Diameter of the tube smaller to the reamer will open it back up. In the picture is a barrel reamer (red) but anything that will take off the sharp edges of the cut tube will work. Be sure that when your cutting off your old hard tubes to leave as much of the straight tube as possible because you won’t get a good seal if the un-tightened union sits on a bend.

Barrel reamer and Tubing cutter tool-

Installed and operational
Old 04-10-2008, 06:18 AM

Default Re: Write up w/ Pics: Integra Power Steering connection-alternative to changing out the pump (j_scob

man.. all the view and no bumps, this thing will save you guys alot of work and not to mention the frustration. where's the love
Old 04-10-2008, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you'll get love from weak men with vadges who can't drive a 2000 lb car without power steering.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:53 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Write up w/ Pics: Integra Power Steering connection-alternative to changing out the pump (j_scob

Cool idea.

I wouldn't so much call it a "write up" though since it only consists of two pics - one of the tools, and one of the finished product.

That's kind of like having a repair manual that shows a pic of wrenches, screw drivers, etc. and a disassembled engine on page 1, then on page two the completely assembled engine is in the car, ready to drive.

If I had a car with p/s these days I'd like to keep it if I did a swap, so again good idea. My wife's 1992 Si had a B16A2 swap in it and we kept p/s, cruise, a/c, etc. and it made the car really nice IMO. I believe we used an Integra pump and Civic line, but it was back in 2000 so I can't recall those little details.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea i have this problem now...which is why i am looking for a 92-95 p/s pump so the fitting on the end of the line will fit....i had a 98 gsr pump but it would not go with the fitting
Old 04-10-2008, 07:00 AM

Yeah, I guess your right, I'll make them more in depth next time
Old 04-10-2008, 07:01 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mister_ej2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea i have this problem now...which is why i am looking for a 92-95 p/s pump so the fitting on the end of the line will fit....i had a 98 gsr pump but it would not go with the fitting</TD></TR></TABLE>

then this would work for you too.