Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Would you guys trust this.........

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you guys trust this.........

Im about to order some parts im wondering will this stuff work like its suppose to and increase performance ratings?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...=WDVW

Thanks alot guys ~Later~
Old 05-21-2005, 08:53 AM

I bought a brand new aftermarket OEM front bumper for 60 bucks locally i bet you can find somthing locally. The wheels bitch them and get rotas for the inexspensive route. shortshifter is ****** wack as hell, and the coulovers you will regret 90 of thsoe cheap ***** slip and you have a uneven ride height all around after a few hours of drivign time on them guranteed. Get som Skunk2 just save up your money and get good or somewhat decent stuff.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:10 AM

Default Re: (conFusedEG)

Yeah you're right what about plain old lowering springs do they improve handleing very much or do they just give you the lowered slammed look?

Old 05-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Monochild)

the springs/coilovers on ebay have a shitty powder coating job, mine rusted out after 1 northeastern winter

so i give them a (thumbsdown)

oh the short shifter sucks too, if you shift really hard you will blow the bearings out, i would recommend a evasivemotorsports one, its purdy
Old 05-21-2005, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Would you guys trust this......... (Monochild)

you really get what you pay for all around.

The "coilovers" look more like a sleeve to me. Bilstien (or was it Ground Control?) sells good "coilover" sleeves. I put quote marks 'cause real true coilovers are the spring and damper together, not springs with an adjustable lip, that go over any old damper.

i hear so many stories about short shifters that break. I don't know what the deal is with them, but make sure you research the product you buy beforehand. Word-to-mouth is best, forums are also great.

The wheels, buy Rota Slipstreams. they're the same design, but built decently well.

If you buy that hood, I bet $100 you'll get three things, a bad fit, horribly cut edges, and warping after a while. I wouldn't get that one.

I got nuthin for the front bumper.

My best advice is to be extremely skecptical about ANY part you buy. I'd love to tell you to always go with the big, respectable, not ebay places to buy from, but i've even bought from ebay. I understand how a man's got to save a buck.

Modified by Solice at 11:31 PM 5/21/2005
Old 05-21-2005, 09:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would pass on that CF hood and a good general rule of thumb is you get what you pay for.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:21 AM

Default Re: (Monochild)

My God! Why would you want to lower an eg 4 inches!?!? Doesn't that put us about three inches into the pavement!? Make sure....wait a minute.....MAKE SURE.....better....your dampers can handle that much less travel! Also, that's going to throw your camber angle WAY out.

to answer your question, lowering springs will give your car that slammed, not functional, kinda look.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:34 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (Solice)

Looks like a bunch of cheap low quality parts. Escpecially those coilovers. I wouldn't feel comfortable installing coilovers that I paid $25 for. Like the guy above said "You get what you pay for".
Old 05-21-2005, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Would you guys trust this......... (Monochild)

I personally wouldn't trust the hood. It's probably a bad grade. you'll definately need hood pins to keep it from flyin off. and the short shifter, i wouldnt get it. My friend bought one like that one too. The bottom part of the shifter that is after the ball joint was too long and it made the shift linkage hit the exhaust pipe. The coil overs, will be fine as long as you get after market shocks. But the thing is, it depends on how high you want your car. Lowering it with those springs are no problem, but they might end up too low. I have those springs on my car and i cant set them any higher. Check out my car and you'll see how high the coilovers can go. Keep in mind, both front and rear coilovers are set as high as they can go. I'm also running KYB GR2 shocks so the ride is stuff. Not as bouncy as you would thing though. Heres the link to my car... http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/719929
Old 05-21-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Would you guys trust this......... (importnoodles)

I guess there isn't a lot more to say beyond what these guys had to say. Basically, just try and save your money for the more quality parts and take your time putting your project together. Try and have a plan for what you want your final product to be

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by monochild &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah you're right what about plain old lowering springs do they improve handleing very much or do they just give you the lowered slammed look?</TD></TR></TABLE>

lowering springs don't really give as much performance u say? cuz I have some sparco lowering springs in my garage I was about to put on, I think they lower like 1 1/2" to 1 3/4". would I be better off scrapping those and going to coilovers?
Old 05-21-2005, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Would you guys trust this......... (JDubbs99Civic)

all that stuff is junk,you will regret buying all of it.save some money and do it right.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:17 AM

Default Re: (SIRIUS)

Ok heres a list of the **** im about to order see if this sounds any better
By Summit racing Part#
BMM-45047
EIB-4020-140
AVM-25-100C
Old 05-21-2005, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Would you guys trust this......... (JDubbs99Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDubbs99Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lowering springs don't really give as much performance u say? cuz I have some sparco lowering springs in my garage I was about to put on, I think they lower like 1 1/2" to 1 3/4". would I be better off scrapping those and going to coilovers?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Do your research people! There are a lot of springs out there that handle great and lower your ride too. I highly recommend getting a set of H&R sport or racing springs.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Would you guys trust this......... (kjmagnum)

Oh yea i also forgot to say, the coil overs that i have on my car are 450 pounds springs in the front and 400 in the back. Thats why if you run the springs on stock shocks, your gonna bounce like crazy. My cousin has skunk 2 coilovers on his hatch. Even though they're on stock shocks, they ride suprisingly smooth tho. Maybe the spring rates are lower on the skunk2's. At any rate, you get what you pay for. But for sure, the cheaper, stiffer springs will definatelly give you a better, more confident feel of the road. Combined with better shocks, it's as good as any name brand suspension IMO.