Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Would this turbo kit fit a 1999 Honda Civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would this turbo kit fit a 1999 Honda Civic EX

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pts/1608655407.html

Do you think that is a good deal and would it fit? Also are there any parts missing. If there are what parts would I need to buy. Also is this a good turbo?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Would this turbo kit fit a 1999 Honda Civic EX

oh wow. please do NOT turbo your car until you do some research. you must understand how every single part in a turbo kit works if you want to run a reliable setup and engine. you gotta get a good tune too..

basically by asking those questions it shows that you are far from ready to boost your car..
Old 02-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just buy it, and hand it over to a professional.....along with lots of cash.....and let him handle it. LoL it is a good turbo yes, but that "kit" is missing SOOOO much!!
Old 02-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know alot about cars just not as much as you. I know that i need to get it tuned. I pretty much have all the after market parts to on my car to be able to have a turbo.

I have an exhaust, headers, aftermarket pulleys and timing belt and aftermartket cams.

And i wouldnt get a mehcanic to put a turbo on for me. Me and my dad would do it ourselves. Me and him put all the other parts on the car. The only part we didnt put on were the cams. The exhaust, headers, and belts we put on ourselves.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

WOW u need soooo much more stuff all the ic piping injectors fuel managment system or fmu i wouldnt recomend an fmu the isnt a "turbo kit" thats just a turbo, turbo manny, and inter cooler and DP. do more resarch find out how everything works and then u will understand how to turbo a vehicle and trust me from excperience BUILD UR MOTOE FIRST!!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by christianc5692
I know alot about cars just not as much as you. I know that i need to get it tuned. I pretty much have all the after market parts to on my car to be able to have a turbo.

I have an exhaust, headers, aftermarket pulleys and timing belt and aftermartket cams.

And i wouldnt get a mehcanic to put a turbo on for me. Me and my dad would do it ourselves. Me and him put all the other parts on the car. The only part we didnt put on were the cams. The exhaust, headers, and belts we put on ourselves.

well..... where do i start.....ok, If you want the turbo you're going to have to ditch the headers and use the turbo maifold. so those headers you have would be irrelevant. you'd have to have custom piping made for your car, find a place to mount that intercooler and make the brackets, or just buy a new one. also, tuning, blow off valve, boost controller (optional though), you'd also want to think about the condition/health of your engine block. miles? rebuilding it, or putting new low compression pistons, and some aftermarket rods will cost bookoo bux But will certainly strengthen it and help your setup immensely!! there's just soo much that goes into the world of boost! make sure you're ready!!
Old 02-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by autowrench07
WOW u need soooo much more stuff all the ic piping injectors fuel managment system or fmu i wouldnt recomend an fmu the isnt a "turbo kit" thats just a turbo, turbo manny, and inter cooler and DP. do more resarch find out how everything works and then u will understand how to turbo a vehicle and trust me from excperience BUILD UR MOTOE FIRST!!!!
and see?! I forgot about fuel system upgrades!!
Old 02-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

walk away, that kit is missing too much,
your header doesnt mean anything, nethier does your timing belt.
thing your car will/may need. chipped ecu, fuel system upgrades,ignition upgrades,not to metion the piping youll need. blow off valve, waste gate, also your exhuast will most likely need to be modified.
and youll most likely want pistions, rings, rods, and other stuff to make your engine survive the boost.
i dont mean to be a dick but if you need to ask what you need, and if its good, you shouldnt be turboing a stock motor.