Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Would a rear wheel kit for your honda.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would a rear wheel kit for your honda.

Would a kit to turn your engine from front drive to rear drive for around $4000 be something you would drive>> [IMG][/IMG]http://www.summerlinmachine.com/images/570_Picture_189_Nov16_0110PM.jpg

This would turn a Honda engine to longitudinal and use the S2000 transmission to replace the trans-axle. The car would then use an S2000 Drive axle assembly.

Would a car like this interest you??

http://www.summerlinmachine.com
Old 11-20-2004, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Would a rear wheel kit for your honda. (Vega Racer)

il help you with showing the image

have to guess that the 4000 doesnt include installtion? if not than you should know the work involved in doing so. not fun and maybe not really worth it but a lot of new possibilities and alot of props (from me at least) for doing it and getting it to work
Old 11-20-2004, 08:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Would a rear wheel kit for your honda. (civictildeath)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civictildeath &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">[IMGhttp://www.summerlinmachine.com/images/570_Picture_189_Nov16_0110PM.jpg[/IMG]
il help you with showing the image

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good job.

Oh and it's been done. It costs more than it's worth and will cause to many problems. Don't waste your time or money.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:42 PM

not worth the money for me!
Old 11-20-2004, 08:46 PM

It would be your car and drive line. but the rest would be done on my end including the new DOT approved gas tank. I am really just wondering how many people would like one. I build lowered floor vans for the handicapped vans. I drop the floor 10" and put an automatic ramp in. I am working on a Honda van right now and some of my techs have Civics. I am one of a hand full of approved NHTSA Modifiers for chassis work in Nevada. The pick is from the super comp car I am building with my employees now. A 40" wide ford 9" rear, A full cage, a 2 speed glide, and a CBB 500+ Ci blown under the hood.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:49 PM

If i had the money i defenitely but one. I know its been done but i still wouldnt mind having this for track days along with my fwd civic hatch
Old 11-20-2004, 08:54 PM
cute little bastard

go buy a s2000 and call it a day
Old 11-20-2004, 08:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Would a rear wheel kit for your honda. (SkoundrelUSA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkoundrelUSA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">go buy a s2000 and call it a day</TD></TR></TABLE>

There's an idea.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Would a rear wheel kit for your honda. (DOHC4life)

No offense to you guys, but why the hell do you have to advertise this car so much? Trying to rub it in our faces or something? Theres atleast 10 threads from you guys about this. Congrates you did a great job and doing something original but come on, stop posting about it before it gets old and no one cars anymore.

Old 11-20-2004, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Would a rear wheel kit for your honda. (SkoundrelUSA)

so the it would be i hand you $4000 and my car for how long? and when i get it back it is a rear wheel drive? does that include custom exhaust work needed to be done (ex header with new angle on it) and how much am i losing on the interior of the car to fit a transmission and driveshaft?
Old 11-21-2004, 01:07 PM

yeah RWD does not interest me in honda, or at least converting to it. id rather spend that money on a phat turbo kit and slicks.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Would a rear wheel kit for your honda. (ek9hatch0WN3R)

I'll let you turn my EK9 into RWD for FREE. I'll even put one of your stickers on my bumper. Bump for a local hehe.
Old 11-27-2004, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Would a rear wheel kit for your honda. (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No offense to you guys, but why the hell do you have to advertise this car so much? Trying to rub it in our faces or something? Theres atleast 10 threads from you guys about this. Congrates you did a great job and doing something original but come on, stop posting about it before it gets old and no one cars anymore.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess thats why they call u JDM Hater # 1. LOL.. this is just an idea... and we didnt post the car up somebody else did, thankyou..
Old 11-27-2004, 08:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Would a rear wheel kit for your honda. (TurbLu)

what you need is a running car with numbers and a non biased ride along impression from a non biased judge to show where 4000 bux is going and wheather it's worth the money, I would suggest you use something other than a 350 RWD civic race car BTW

IT it's going to do donuts when you get on it just like a certain RWD NSX powered del sol project from long ago

Old 11-27-2004, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Would a rear wheel kit for your honda. (sans)

were in the process of making a plate type kit to mount a d series in a longitude fashion. (Reason being the D series is readily available and mounts very similar to a b series.) We have another civic to work this on. But most is still in CAD process. Im still surprised that Ive taken an old school hot rodder (Vega Racer) who has a PhD in Mechanical Engineering and turned him into a honda-hot rodder. What all started as a joke has grown into something alot more serious. We are actually trying to create a kit which can be installed in a matter of weeks. This isnt for your typical honda grass roots mechanic. This is more for the people who enjoy building kit cars and such.

I guess bottom line is, this is the internet. Were just showing you guys what were in the process of doing. Either people approve or they dont. But thats not why we post. We do this simply to provide information on our current projects. Like anything else you or I do, feedback is great motivation.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurbLu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">were in the process of making a plate type kit to mount a d series in a longitude fashion. (Reason being the D series is readily available and mounts very similar to a b series.) We have another civic to work this on. But most is still in CAD process. Im still surprised that Ive taken an old school hot rodder (Vega Racer) who has a PhD in Mechanical Engineering and turned him into a honda-hot rodder. What all started as a joke has grown into something alot more serious. We are actually trying to create a kit which can be installed in a matter of weeks. This isnt for your typical honda grass roots mechanic. This is more for the people who enjoy building kit cars and such.

I guess bottom line is, this is the internet. Were just showing you guys what were in the process of doing. Either people approve or they dont. But thats not why we post. We do this simply to provide information on our current projects. Like anything else you or I do, feedback is great motivation.</TD></TR></TABLE>

huh, lot o' big words
&lt;---- scratches head...
Old 11-27-2004, 10:26 AM
Multi-paradigm

Default Re: Would a rear wheel kit for your honda. (-Gambit-)

i'd rather build an S13
Old 11-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Even if i had the 4 thousand to convert my ek to rear wheel i wouldnt do it in a million years. If your gonna waste your money on stupidity then thats your loss but id just get an american car instead of being a stupid idiot.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Civicek9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Civicek9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Even if i had the 4 thousand to convert my ek to rear wheel i wouldnt do it in a million years. If your gonna waste your money on stupidity then thats your loss but id just get an american car instead of being a stupid idiot.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL the only um whats that *I* word you used there... The only idiot I see here is you... and I have the money to waste. So I guess like I said Im not here doing this for your opinion. Just doing it cause I can. Unline you, I can do this.

Mods...please lock this thread before it gets any worse.... thanks

Andrew
Old 11-27-2004, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sure as hell would me.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (TurbLu)

drift a civic
Old 11-27-2004, 11:03 AM

Default Re: (B16aDasher)

Waste of Time, Money, a perfectly good Civic or CRX. Buy an S2000 like i wish i could do and be done wit it! We're losing too many clean older civics nowadays! Jus my 2 cents
Old 11-27-2004, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurbLu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I guess thats why they call u JDM Hater # 1. LOL.. this is just an idea... and we didnt post the car up somebody else did, thankyou..</TD></TR></TABLE>

tell me what is JDM about a RWD civic.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Would a rear wheel kit for your honda. (citrEK)

Its really funny how this guys idea is so gay but tinkers rwd h22 del sol was soooooo cool. If tinker could somehow offer a kit to make your del sol or any other car for that matter rwd you guys would be all over it.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Would a rear wheel kit for your honda. (delLudeVTEC)

but there's more S2000's to go around these days! That was my point, do it to something newer and leave the older cars alone!

Quick Reply: Would a rear wheel kit for your honda.