Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This would be nice for a project car

If only i lived in Virginia....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...=6783
Old 06-21-2003, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: This would be nice for a project car (AlphaQup)

are you kidding?

that thing looks like it hasn't had an easy day in it's life... and the guy want's a grand for it... WITH A BLOWN MOTOR??

that's crazy talk.
Old 06-21-2003, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: This would be nice for a project car (NonovUrbizniz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NonovUrbizniz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are you kidding?

that thing looks like it hasn't had an easy day in it's life... and the guy want's a grand for it... WITH A BLOWN MOTOR??

that's crazy talk.</TD></TR></TABLE>
haha looks worse than my car...at least my motor isnt blown
Old 06-21-2003, 09:38 PM

my car looks worse
Old 06-21-2003, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NonovUrbizniz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are you kidding?

that's crazy talk.</TD></TR></TABLE>
HEY... doood... where can you find an intact EG body with minor dents and no major body damage for $1000? and didn't i say "project car" ? I mean, this is in fact a 92 CX, the best candidate for a project... not a daily driver.
Old 06-22-2003, 01:20 AM

for $1000 the kid better come with it.

jk...it's hard finding an eg without the cancer...nice shell at a fairly nice price.
Old 06-22-2003, 01:26 AM

Default Re: This would be nice for a project car (schmurber)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by schmurber &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it's hard finding an eg without the cancer...nice shell at a fairly nice price.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Come to az and find me a car WITH cancer But then you gotta find one without a fricking cracked dash from the damn summer sun.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:42 AM
official honda whore

Default Re: This would be nice for a project car (95hatch)

i was actually tryin to talk a cpl of my friends into buyin that car, its only an hour away from me and if i had a grand i would of had it by now
Old 06-22-2003, 07:18 AM

Thats a deal..People sell beat up bubbles w/o motor interior for 2000...Good thing is it has a clean title
Old 06-22-2003, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AlphaQup &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
HEY... doood... where can you find an intact EG body with minor dents and no major body damage for $1000? and didn't i say "project car" ? I mean, this is in fact a 92 CX, the best candidate for a project... not a daily driver.</TD></TR></TABLE>

a grand for a chassis with crappy brakes and interior is REDICULOUS... if it had a MINT interior and the better front brakes or 4 wheel disk it MIGHT be worth a grand to me...

that's just somebody taking advantage of the market... you could find something similar from someone out of the know for WAY less... NO I can't give you a link but if you're patient you'd find one for MUCH less than that...

Hell I'd buy a salvage titled car over that ANYDAY... long as there was no frame damage.
Old 06-22-2003, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NonovUrbizniz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

a grand for a chassis with crappy brakes and interior is REDICULOUS... if it had a MINT interior and the better front brakes or 4 wheel disk it MIGHT be worth a grand to me...

Hell I'd buy a salvage titled car over that ANYDAY... long as there was no frame damage.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Obviously you have no clue about project civics. If it had "MINT" interior it would never be under $1000. And the damn thing is a f*&%ken CX for Gods sake, why would it come with "4 wheel disk" brakes lol. Learn your chassis codes nextime before you try to sound smart. Just try finding a MINT Si (EG3) for $1000. When you find it lemme know hahahaha
Old 06-22-2003, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AlphaQup &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Obviously you have no clue about project civics. If it had "MINT" interior it would never be under $1000. And the damn thing is a f*&%ken CX for Gods sake, why would it come with "4 wheel disk" brakes lol. Learn your chassis codes nextime before you try to sound smart. Just try finding a MINT Si (EG3) for $1000. When you find it lemme know hahahaha </TD></TR></TABLE>

DUH you putard... I was saying to get an si etc WITH 4 wheel disks instead of buy a cx to be "cool" when it's just a PILE that needs EVERYTHING...

The fact that you guys think 1grand for a car with a blown motor is a deal goes to show why all these parts are so rediculously expensive... deep pockets I guess.

It's just plain sad how "valuable" these things are.... percieved to be.
Old 06-22-2003, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wonder if he'll part with the muffler??
Old 06-22-2003, 05:49 PM

Personally, I think a grand for a shell isn't too bad. It does look like it's had a hard life though. On the flip side, for 2 to 3 times taht amount, you can find a running car. Just depends what you're looking for, I suppose.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: This would be nice for a project car (Boosthead)

Doesnt look like a bad deal to me. Looks pretty straight.

Yager-
Old 06-22-2003, 06:50 PM

hahah the muffler is great
Old 06-22-2003, 06:53 PM

lol the kid better be with it.. THat car looks like it got raped somehow and like u all said never had an easy day. I m not a favorite of hatches but that car is not working no 1000$
Old 06-22-2003, 07:53 PM
PSU
formerly DxHatchback

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: This would be nice for a project car (schmurber)

thanks for the laugh dude, i seriously LOL <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by schmurber &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for $1000 the kid better come with it.

jk...it's hard finding an eg without the cancer...nice shell at a fairly nice price.</TD></TR></TABLE>

id take it for $1000 if i needed a new project
Old 06-22-2003, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not bad... considering most project cars don't need to be streetable(a project car to me is a dedicated track car) and a grand on a stright body is great.. to the jack *** complaining about it not being an Si and not having 4 wheels discs, if you're gonna replace everything, you might as well start with a car that either has nothing or you need to replace everything on
Old 06-22-2003, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jcarothers)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jcarothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not bad... considering most project cars don't need to be streetable(a project car to me is a dedicated track car) and a grand on a stright body is great.. to the jack *** complaining about it not being an Si and not having 4 wheels discs, if you're gonna replace everything, you might as well start with a car that either has nothing or you need to replace everything on </TD></TR></TABLE>
You tell him wassup my brotha
Old 07-05-2003, 05:07 PM
official honda whore

Default Re: (AlphaQup)

well as i had posted earlier in this post if i had the cash i would buy it. well i had some extra cash this weekend and sent an email to that guy about if he had sold it yet, it turned out that many ppl flaked on him and he still had it for sale

i went and looked at it today, met him, he had title in hand and was willing to negotiate. well i bought it for 800 dollars, the interior is fairly rough but the paint on most of the pieces is chippin off so i iwll be able to get it cleaned up in no time, also it had rear speaker panels which is a plus

the motor has a hole the size of a baseball with the part of the rod sticking out , but i already sold the headers to some ricer in town, and i also sold the intake to another ricer to ricers

as for the body it needs a paint job but besides that its rust free and no major body damage, it goes into paint shop this comin weekend.

the motor will be pulled for either a gsr or h22, it all depends on how much i can sell my si hatch for.

all in all i think it was a good deal, after selling the headers, intake, and the rims i will have 500 into a fairly clean light weight shell thats already wired for vtec

total cost of this project i think will be around 3500-4000 for car including swap drop, and using some parts i have leftover from my EH3
Old 07-05-2003, 05:53 PM

Default Re: (coptzer)

It's not that bad of a car for being over ten years old. Also so what if it has a blown motor you weren't going to use the motor anyway. It was good deal for 800 bucks in my opinion.
Old 07-05-2003, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Scilacci4)

where can i get that muffler???? its sweet haha
Old 07-05-2003, 07:46 PM
official honda whore

yea that muffler is def gonna be gone, i cant decide on going custom mandrel bent back to a magnaflow or going with an apex-i world sport, i guess i will hafta figure it out within the next 3 weeks before i start work on it, and in that time period one of my friends should have his A W S on his hatch so i should know how much i like the sound
Old 07-05-2003, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (coptzer)

i'll buy it for $1000 if the kid comes with it....lolz j/k guys

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: This would be nice for a project car