Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   Would changing Radiator and Water Pump cause A/C to become hot... (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/would-changing-radiator-water-pump-cause-c-become-hot-905131/)

North_Texas 06-23-2004 11:34 PM

Would changing Radiator and Water Pump cause A/C to become hot...

I recently changed the Radiator and Water Pump like a day or two ago. And now the A/C is blowing hot all of sudden. I know all hoses and everything was put back to it's original spot/place. So what could be the problem for my A/C to run warm/hot? One solution I have is, could it need recharging or w.e.? Another question have any of you used those recharging kits from Wally's World or Automotive stores and do they work? TIA..

EDIT: Read carefully.. 3 questions that need answering!

DixieR3dneck

bigxclumzy 06-24-2004 12:17 AM

Re: Would changing Radiator and Water Pump cause A/C to become hot... (DixieRedneck)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DixieRedneck &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know all hoses and everything was put back to it's original spot/place.

EDIT: Read carefully.. 3 questions that need answering!

DixieR3dneck</TD></TR></TABLE>

why did you need to put them back to their original spot? did you open your ac lines? if so you need to put your system in a vacuum and recharge your ac system.

North_Texas 06-24-2004 12:26 AM

Re: Would changing Radiator and Water Pump cause A/C to become hot... (bigxclumzy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigxclumzy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

why did you need to put them back to their original spot? did you open your ac lines? if so you need to put your system in a vacuum and recharge your ac system.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was just saying in general. Like every hose from the radiator or w.e. was put back. So you think the A/C might need recharging?

.. Have you ever used those recharing kits that you can buy from Automotive stores or has anyone use them before?

bigxclumzy 06-24-2004 01:48 AM

Re: Would changing Radiator and Water Pump cause A/C to become hot... (DixieRedneck)

don't use recharge kits. check if your clutch on your compressor actually engages. and then ac system is actually operational. but there might be a slight leak, and it probably needs recharging.

BatuKing 06-24-2004 05:46 AM

Re: Would changing Radiator and Water Pump cause A/C to become hot... (bigxclumzy)

Question is .. did it work before?

North_Texas 06-24-2004 11:47 AM

Re: Would changing Radiator and Water Pump cause A/C to become hot... (BatuKing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BatuKing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Question is .. did it work before?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes