Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Is it worth putting money into my civic?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth putting money into my civic?

I was just wondering if it was worth putting money into a 1995 honda civic ex? I really dont know where to start and i would like some advice. Thanks
Old 06-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is it worth putting money into my civic?

What do you want to do to your car in terms of upgrades? Pics would help.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 93 Hatch that I am thinking the same.... I have a lot of other cars, but this is my first Honda... Interested to see what is said...
Old 06-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The thought of return investment in a honda is a waste of time. If YOU like your car and would like to invest some of you hard earned money into it then do so. You are the one who has to drive it, thats what i comes down to at the end of the day. As far as where you should start, browse through the forum and start somewhere that interests you. GL and happy modding!
Old 06-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

like it was stated above No it is not worth the money in other peoples eyes the arguments would be everyone has a honda its a 95 its torqueless it sucks ricer... anyway i own a 4 door LX civic 97 EJ6 i hear thesame crap except its a 4 door its heavier.. actually its lighter than a 97 Civic EX Coupe but thats not the point the point is that if you like the car and you would like to keep it have some fun with it and make a little light car fast with cheap cash than do it my civic is just for looks mostly not for others for me i do things to my car i want to do.. if you want to put money into it than do it but don't expect to put 3k into ur honda and when its time to sell it u charge 4300 or some crazy number for ur civic because u demand a return u wont get it back i honestly don't care soon i'll be doing my B18B swap into my civic that i bought for 400 bucks and 4 doors are in listed for 4.5K + here with the mileage i have but i wouldn't pay that price that i wouldn't expect someone else to pay it too for my car even with the swap a buddy of mine bought a CRX 91Si with a B16A swap for 1300 dollars so if ur looking for a investment go invest in a Time share if you're looking for some fun tune it where u could start is 2 roads

Boost the Z6 depending on mileage and all that stuff on it if it is high do a rebuild on the motor so it doesn't blow on you

or swap it for another motor B series, H series, K series, J series, there are many options Intake header and exhaust wont make ur car faster but it will make it loud so don't listen to anyone that says I/H/E will make it fast... no it wont
Old 06-26-2011, 02:52 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

This is a tech forum. Where's the tech questions?
Old 06-26-2011, 03:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Wrona
like it was stated above No it is not worth the money in other peoples eyes the arguments would be everyone has a honda its a 95 its torqueless it sucks ricer... anyway i own a 4 door LX civic 97 EJ6 i hear thesame crap except its a 4 door its heavier.. actually its lighter than a 97 Civic EX Coupe but thats not the point the point is that if you like the car and you would like to keep it have some fun with it and make a little light car fast with cheap cash than do it my civic is just for looks mostly not for others for me i do things to my car i want to do.. if you want to put money into it than do it but don't expect to put 3k into ur honda and when its time to sell it u charge 4300 or some crazy number for ur civic because u demand a return u wont get it back i honestly don't care soon i'll be doing my B18B swap into my civic that i bought for 400 bucks and 4 doors are in listed for 4.5K + here with the mileage i have but i wouldn't pay that price that i wouldn't expect someone else to pay it too for my car even with the swap a buddy of mine bought a CRX 91Si with a B16A swap for 1300 dollars so if ur looking for a investment go invest in a Time share if you're looking for some fun tune it where u could start is 2 roads

Boost the Z6 depending on mileage and all that stuff on it if it is high do a rebuild on the motor so it doesn't blow on you

or swap it for another motor B series, H series, K series, J series, there are many options Intake header and exhaust wont make ur car faster but it will make it loud so don't listen to anyone that says I/H/E will make it fast... no it wont
Holy jumbled up mess. It's called a period and enter key friend. Acquaint yourself with them. Also time shares aren't any better of an investment than a non collectors car.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:36 AM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

OP, that's a very vague open ended question, if you have any specific questions outline them in a new thread.