Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Was It Worth It

Old 04-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Was It Worth It

Hey i currently have a 93 Honda Civic with a D15B7 Motor In It!!! I got my hands on a Vtec JDMD15B for 380$.Well ifeel a diffirence in response compared to the old motor!! Not to mention i already hav OBX header Autotechnic Revolution intake AEM Camgear MSD External Coil p28 ecu chipped and a catback exhaust!!!
I have all that ont the side right now as we speak its all sitting at my garage well except the cat back header and intake is on the car!!!! Please let me know what you guys think so far !!!! By the way im planning to boost my car ina couple of months from now!!! THANX FOR ANY RESPONSES
Old 04-20-2007, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awsome but my ? is did you wire in vtec? u didnt say if you have other than that sounds good but if you plan on boosting soon y did you buy the head? jw
Old 04-20-2007, 06:15 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (SkertySkerty)

jdm is better when it comes to motors and anything else.

and yes jdm d15b is the ish if you plan to stay sohc.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SkertySkerty)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkertySkerty &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">awsome but my ? is did you wire in vtec? u didnt say if you have other than that sounds good but if you plan on boosting soon y did you buy the head? jw</TD></TR></TABLE>

i havent done the swap yet im going to start work on it next week after i buy my exedy clutch and fidanza flywheel!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Was It Worth It (mortificationrock)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mortificationrock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey i currently have a 93 Honda Civic with a D15B7 Motor In It!!! I got my hands on a Vtec JDMD15B for 380$.Well ifeel a diffirence in response compared to the old motor!! Not to mention i already hav OBX header Autotechnic Revolution intake AEM Camgear MSD External Coil p28 ecu chipped and a catback exhaust!!!
I have all that ont the side right now as we speak its all sitting at my garage well except the cat back header and intake is on the car!!!! Please let me know what you guys think so far !!!! By the way im planning to boost my car ina couple of months from now!!! THANX FOR ANY RESPONSES </TD></TR></TABLE>

It would be worth it if you didnt put any of those parts you have onto that motor.

If you plan on boosting, dont even bother...especially in a couple of months. None of the parts you mentioned will gain you anything, so that would be the biggest waste.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkertySkerty &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">awsome but my ? is did you wire in vtec? u didnt say if you have other than that sounds good but if you plan on boosting soon y did you buy the head? jw</TD></TR></TABLE>

He didnt just buy a head, he bought the whole swap.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mustang5.slow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">jdm is better when it comes to motors and anything else.

and yes jdm d15b is the ish if you plan to stay sohc.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh yea?...and why is that?

How do you figure the D15B is the best single cam motor? Explain....
Old 04-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Was It Worth It (1995Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1995Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It would be worth it if you didnt put any of those parts you have onto that motor.

If you plan on boosting, dont even bother...especially in a couple of months. None of the parts you mentioned will gain you anything, so that would be the biggest waste.

He didnt just buy a head, he bought the whole swap.

Oh yea?...and why is that?

How do you figure the D15B is the best single cam motor? Explain.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well i already have the parts might as well put them I know they say that there aint much gains on d series! but **** with so many parts and right tuning maybe i can get atleast somethign out of it dont you thinK?
Old 04-20-2007, 06:26 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mortificationrock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well i already have the parts might as well put them I know they say that there aint much gains on d series! but **** with so many parts and right tuning maybe i can get atleast somethign out of it dont you thinK? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Honestly...no.

You can if you want obviously, its your car. But if you seriously plan on boosting within a couple of months, i wouldnt bother.

Do you realize how much tuning is?...save your money for the tuning after you put your turbo setup on.

An MSD external Coil, Intake, Exhaust, Cam Gear (which has no purpose other than for tuning), and a chipped P28 ECU (which isnt even the correct one to use)...honestly, wont get you little to none.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:27 PM

deffinately plan on getting a good tune especially if you plan on boost..tuning makes or breaks a motor IMO
Old 04-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Was It Worth It (1995Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1995Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Honestly...no.

You can if you want obviously, its your car. But if you seriously plan on boosting within a couple of months, i wouldnt bother.

Do you realize how much tuning is?...save your money for the tuning after you put your turbo setup on.

An MSD external Coil, Intake, Exhaust, Cam Gear (which has no purpose other than for tuning), and a chipped P28 ECU (which isnt even the correct one to use)...honestly, wont get you little to none. </TD></TR></TABLE>

What do you mean not the right one "p28" **** according to all threads here for swaps they recommend the p28 ecu!!! What Gives!!??
Old 04-20-2007, 06:41 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mortificationrock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What do you mean not the right one "p28" **** according to all threads here for swaps they recommend the p28 ecu!!! What Gives!!?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1954938

Read what I posted to you in this thread...you CAN run the P28, however the P08 is the actual correct one to use.