Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Worried about your car being stolen, or have you caught someone trying to steal it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 12:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worried about your car being stolen, or have you caught someone trying to steal it?

I just found out about this car-security setup and felt that I needed to pass this along so people won't have to post so many "My car was stolen" posts. This is a good way to stop thieves from stealing your beloved vehicle!

I have to tell people about this car security system. It's called Revelco.. It's undoubtedly the best car security on the market. There's no noisy false alarms, or any alarm for that matter. It doesn't need to rely on people nearby to see a potential car thief and stop them or call 911.

The wiring is integrated throughout the car, not just the starter, making it nearly impossible to start the car, especially with the fail-safe and the fact that all the wires are the same color: black. Please visit this link to learn more or read below: http://www.ravelco.com/

There is no other device in the auto security industry with a track record comparable to that of the Ravelco Anti-theft Device. Ravelco is the only product that has never been defeated by car thieves - even after 30 years in business and over 3.5 million installations worldwide.

A vehicle on which Ravelco is installed cannot be hot-wired. In fact, even if thieves had the keys to a car equipped with Ravelco, they'd still be completely incapable of starting it. The Ravelco interrupts and disable critical electrical systems at several points. The owner must authenticate and interface with the coded plug and the ignition key with transponder or smart key, if equipped to start the vehicle. Ravelco operates without the noise or nuisance of an audible alarm system and does not have the expensive price tag of a vehicle tracking or recovery system. The Ravelco comes with a iron-clad lifetime warranty.

The Proof is in the Plug

Only your electronically coded plug plus your ignition key will allow your vehicle to start. Each Ravelco plug is individually coded and numbered and virtually unique. With more than 100,000 different combinations and NO MASTER PLUGS, you are assured that your Ravelco plug is unique, and that no one else can start your vehicle simply by gaining access to another plug. An impossible obstacle for even the most persistent thieves!
Old 02-20-2007, 12:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much does it run for? i've seen it before but never really found out the pricing on these? its basically like the powerlock system.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Worried about your car being stolen, or have you caught someone trying to steal it? (ke98248)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ke98248 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.

http://www.ravelco.com/

There is no other device in the auto security industry with a track record comparable to that of the Ravelco Anti-theft Device. Ravelco is the only product that has never been defeated by car thieves - even after 30 years in business and over 3.5 million installations worldwide.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

And if you beleive this your in a boat full of trouble. I seen this unit and there is nonething special about it. If used with a alarm as a layer its anothor deter for a theif. With out a alarm its just a easy target for a theif to take all the time he needs to trace all the wires back to the tag point and reconnect them. The more attention to a car the worst for a theif. Hands down.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Worried about your car being stolen, or have you caught someone trying to steal it? (wrx-killer-

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrx-killer-Sti eater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And if you beleive this your in a boat full of trouble. I seen this unit and there is nonething special about it. If used with a alarm as a layer its anothor deter for a theif. With out a alarm its just a easy target for a theif to take all the time he needs to trace all the wires back to the tag point and reconnect them. The more attention to a car the worst for a theif. Hands down. </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha...
Old 02-20-2007, 12:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Worried about your car being stolen, or have you caught someone trying to steal it? (wrx-killer-

yeah, I already have an alarm installed in my car and a steering wheel lock device, just need something better in addition to those things...

They run you $179 excluding installation.. I think it's $350-$400 with installation.

BTW, there is not one reported case of a vehicle with this properly installed of ever being stolen.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just not a case they wish to tell. Come on they would not want to ruin there track record. And how many people really call there alarm company and tell them that there car has been broken into? Dei keeps track because of there money back policy. But how many people really do the job of calling them. I will only say its a good product backed by a alarm and not as a stand alone unit.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ke98248 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
BTW, there is not one reported case of a vehicle with this properly installed of ever being stolen.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually there is not one report of a vehicle being stolen by defeating the ravelco, they can still tow your car.

There are already several threads on the ravelco on here, seems like a good idea if you use it as another layer of security.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Always turn your wheels all the way to one side or the other, then make sure your e-brake is set. Solved!

If people spend money on a product, they would complain/report to that company that they spent $$ on if it didn't work. I know I certainly would.

There's never a solid solution to combat the age-old problem of effing thieves. But this will help, there's not doubt about it.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ke98248 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Always turn your wheels all the way to one side or the other, then make sure your e-brake is set. Solved!

If people spend money on a product, they would complain/report to that company that they spent $$ on if it didn't work. I know I certainly would.

There's never a solid solution to combat the age-old problem of effing thieves. But this will help, there's not doubt about it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

there is really one solution too all of this...dont take your car anywhere haha...buy a beater and take on two payments of insurance haha...its the only way.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Then those people wouldn't be reading this right now. And even if these type of people had their car stolen, they wouldn't give a **** cause it is a P.O.S; and because it's cheap and easily replaceable.

haha.. besides half the fun of modding your car/owning it is to show it off. garaging it is no fun, although I realize your joking.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ke98248 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Always turn your wheels all the way to one side or the other, then make sure your e-brake is set. Solved!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

All a thief has to do is break into your car and turn the wheels back and unset the e-brake. And they can take as much time as they want if you don't have any other alarm paging you or making some noise.

Not saying it's a bad idea, but it would work best as one layer in a multi layered security system.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, but if u read all of my above posts you'd understand what my point was/that I agree partially with u
Old 02-20-2007, 05:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this does nothing agaisnt them towing your car, if they really want your car, they will take it they could still break into your car and take all your stuff, stereo and andy other thing they could carry or put in a truck, it doesnt matter what you do to your car, they will take it ,even if you have this device, it doenst stop them from towing it to their shop and taking every peice off of it
Old 02-20-2007, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ke98248 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Always turn your wheels all the way to one side or the other, then make sure your e-brake is set. Solved! </TD></TR></TABLE>

lift the front of the car and drag it on to the flatbed. Not much is going to protect you from that, except maybe 4 parking boots. a 2300 lb civic isn't hard to move.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HELL...you see wreckers pulling trucks, cars all kinds of **** up onto their beds after car accidents.

They can drag your car up onto the bed, nothing will stop that. Not even locking the car to a pole, like your bicycle.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HELL...you see wreckers pulling trucks, cars all kinds of **** up onto their beds after car accidents.

They can drag your car up onto the bed, nothing will stop that. Not even locking the car to a pole, like your bicycle.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree, this thing is only useful as part of a layered system.

This is my #1 layer: <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">locking the car to a pole, like your bicycle.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Some car alarm have a nice "tilt detection feature", if someone tries to tow it the alarm goes off and your pager is notified. It's nice to have an alarm goin off while someone tries to tow your vehicle.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_EK_wanabe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> if they really want your car, they will take it </TD></TR></TABLE>

But if you have a proper installed alarm system and gps tracking system with a earliy warning system you can take this false saying and chuck it.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:25 AM

I keep mine in my garage...
Old 02-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrx-killer-Sti eater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But if you have a proper installed alarm system and gps tracking system with a earliy warning system you can take this false saying and chuck it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

no, it doesnt matter, they can still take it, just with gps or lowjack you might have a beter chance of getting it back at least
Old 02-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had Ravelco installed and uninstalled a week later with my money refunded. This thing is poop. It took me like 2 minutes to hotwire my owned car. I would imagine it would take a thief like 30 seconds. Don't get it. it's a waste of $400.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Re: (tanabe)

^oh what the heezy?
Old 02-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tanabe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had Ravelco installed and uninstalled a week later with my money refunded. This thing is poop. It took me like 2 minutes to hotwire my owned car. I would imagine it would take a thief like 30 seconds. Don't get it. it's a waste of $400.</TD></TR></TABLE>

really? and I assume that you didn't install it in the first place, right?
Old 02-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cheehee)

They had someone come over and installed it. He didn't even hide where the plug goes in a good spot, but i guess they get paid by commission. So that means less time installing, more cars to do in a day = more money
Old 02-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tanabe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had Ravelco installed and uninstalled a week later with my money refunded. This thing is poop. It took me like 2 minutes to hotwire my owned car.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I call b.s. unless yours was a really... realllllyyy poor install.

On that note.. how is the ravelco installed? The original poster sounded more like a ravelco sales rep. Is it just a go between on your ignition switch? If so, then it doesnt give you many options on an install. Or does it have several "kill points".. like to your fuel pump, etc.? Ive thought about getting it for a long time, but was just never convinced.

Quick Reply: Worried about your car being stolen, or have you caught someone trying to steal it?