Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Work in Progress... Retro fitting Bi Xenons into stock eg housing

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Work in Progress... Retro fitting Bi Xenons into stock eg housing

Well I went to my buddy's station today thinking I was going to test the HID's I got to make sure they lit up so I can leave feedback for the seller....

Long story short I couldn't stop messing with them... so I had an extra set of JDM housings that had a broken lense (can't use the fluted lense anyway). SO I started hacking them up to get the HID's in... but it was looking pretty tight and even after I opened up the inner housing it still looked like mounting it was going to be a pain... SO what I did was used the stock alignment mounting brackes to mount another self made bracket that the HID can mount to... basically an adapter plate.

Right now it's just a template and made out of clear plastic that I don't think is rigid enough or heat resisitant enough... so I'm prob. going to end up using metal to make the plate and then fiberglassing in the rest of the inner housing.

Not sure yet if I have to hack the stock outer housing I'm prob. going to have to but I might be able to squeek by because the adapter plate allows me to mount the HID.

Also I still may end up using an aftermarket housing that comes with a projector and a halogen high beam that way I have day time flash ability. BUT I don't really like how the aftermarket housings look.

Here are some pics of where it's at now... I will do a full write up including wiring etc. when I'm done. (Also I have access to factory BMW wiring diagrams so I think I can make the wiring a BUNCH easier for everyone but I won't know till I get the diagrams.)

Heres the Bi-xenon assembly mounted inside the stock inner reflector housing... it's hard to see the bracket I made since it's clear plastic.

Same deal slightly different.

Here's what the bracket looks like from the back.

From the other side.

And finally from the front... I'm planning on using the BMW trim ring if I can... and I'm going to fiber glass the back so the gaps will all be taken up in the finished product.

Sorry no pics of the HIDs while they're on... they're bright as hell.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Work in Progress... Retro fitting Bi Xenons into stock eg housing (NonovUrbizniz)

keep this write up going, i was thinking of doint the same thing. just a lil worried about cutting up my jdm lights. post pics as you make progress. suscribed..
Old 03-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Work in Progress... Retro fitting Bi Xenons into stock eg housing (civteck84)

SWEET idea dude
Old 03-13-2006, 08:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Work in Progress... Retro fitting Bi Xenons into stock eg housing (Sleepy_Red_hatch)

dang that looks crazy.... I can't wait to find out how they turn out... esp. the lighting!