Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

WoOt! got my OMNI POWER camber kit! (READ IF YOU DID THE REAR WASHER CAMBER TRICK!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WoOt! got my OMNI POWER camber kit! (READ IF YOU DID THE REAR WASHER CAMBER TRICK!!!)

they sent it out friday, and it came today, usps I'm glad the didn't fed-ex it :ghey:

but they only sent the A-arms, and didn't include the bolts/washers to do the rear shim job.

so I was just wondering EXACTLY what you guys used, as far as size of bolt and washers. just in case someone might have had a similar setup, I'm lowered 2.25" and have a rear camber read-out of -2.1 left -2.6 right.

Modified by SirSmokeAlot at 3:17 PM 11/18/2004
Old 11-17-2004, 12:34 PM

Default Re: WoOt! got my OMNI POWER camber kit! (SirSmokeAlot)

Lay off the weed.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:39 PM

Default Re: WoOt! got my OMNI POWER camber kit! (undertheradar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undertheradar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Lay off the weed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

nothing helpful?
Old 11-17-2004, 12:40 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: WoOt! got my OMNI POWER camber kit! (undertheradar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by undertheradar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Lay off the weed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I used the washers that came with the kit. Since you don't have those go to home depot and get washers that are about 2-3mm in thickness. I used two on each bolt. I reused the stock bolts because the ones they sent were absolute ***.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:42 PM

Default Re: WoOt! got my OMNI POWER camber kit! (litterbox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I used the washers that came with the kit. Since you don't have those go to home depot and get washers that are about 2-3mm in thickness. I used two on each bolt. I reused the stock bolts because the ones they sent were absolute ***.</TD></TR></TABLE>

how low are you dropped? I guess I should be glad they didn't send me those bolts
Old 11-17-2004, 12:45 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

I dropped it till I had about enough room to fit a finger in the gap in the front and two fingers in the rear (LOL). I don't know the exact height it was lowere. I got it aligned at Sears and everything was ok.

This was only a temporary solution for me though. I later purchased a rear camber kit.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:47 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dropped it till I had about enough room to fit a finger in the gap in the front and two fingers in the rear (LOL). I don't know the exact height it was lowere.</TD></TR></TABLE>

about like this?

Old 11-17-2004, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you are a f'n assclown. what in god's name do you need the weed in the picture for? 'hey kids look at me, i'm cool... i put weed in my picture for all to see'. its tards like you that make me wish the internet had police, to download the pic, see if it contains your digicam's id, trace your IP, come to your house and haul you off.

technically speaking, no i haven't used the washer trick, i went and got an ingall's squeaky camber kit.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:02 PM

Default Re: WoOt! got my OMNI POWER camber kit! (citrEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by citrEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you are a f'n assclown. what in god's name do you need the weed in the picture for? 'hey kids look at me, i'm cool... i put weed in my picture for all to see'. its tards like you that make me wish the internet had police, to download the pic, see if it contains your digicam's id, trace your IP, come to your house and haul you off.

technically speaking, no i haven't used the washer trick, i went and got an ingall's squeaky camber kit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

tell us what you really think

well, I did it as a joke for another site (honda-acura.net, where the pic is linked from), but wow do you guys seem to take offense to it.

speaking of assclowns, I asked for people who "DID THE REAR WASHER CAMBER TRICK" like it says in the title. Thanks for no help.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:10 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SirSmokeAlot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

about like this?

http://members.aol.com/srflojo1/dropnew.jpg</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can't really tell from that pic because the contrast is bad on my comp and I can't adjust my monitor. I'll look when I get home.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

da kine
Old 11-17-2004, 01:22 PM

Default Re: WoOt! got my OMNI POWER camber kit! (Syner-G-Racing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syner-G-Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">da kine </TD></TR></TABLE>
thats what I'm talking about
Old 11-17-2004, 02:05 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I can't really tell from that pic because the contrast is bad on my comp and I can't adjust my monitor. I'll look when I get home.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ya about like that, maybe a little lower in the front.

BTW, those do not look like anything like the ones I got from Omnipower.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:49 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
BTW, those do not look like anything like the ones I got from Omnipower. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, I was noticing that too.... I sent an email to the seller (kteller.com), so I'll see whats up.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:40 PM
KSE

They look like my ominpower front a-arms, except mine are red.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i did the rear washer trick on my 92 hb. it worked pretty good. i have one of those green liquid with a bubble aligner thingy. after i out the washers in , it straightened out a bit more.

my car was weird tho, the left side took 2 washers, but the right side took 3. its ok tho, i think ive had it in for about 2.5 years now!!
Old 11-17-2004, 04:03 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awwwww, yea. 4 doors represent!
Yea, i'm lowering my car in a month, ill get back to ya.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:08 PM

Default Re: (stripes777)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stripes777 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i did the rear washer trick on my 92 hb. it worked pretty good. i have one of those green liquid with a bubble aligner thingy. after i out the washers in , it straightened out a bit more.

my car was weird tho, the left side took 2 washers, but the right side took 3. its ok tho, i think ive had it in for about 2.5 years now!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

sweet

yeah, i think one side will take more than the other (there's a .5 difference with each side of my rear)

did you replace the bolts, too? or just use the ones on there?
Old 11-17-2004, 04:09 PM

Default Re: WoOt! got my OMNI POWER camber kit! (KSE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KSE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They look like my ominpower front a-arms, except mine are red. </TD></TR></TABLE>

the pic on the site shows less mass on the arms. Like there's an openeing in the middle of them

here's what I ordered, and where I got it from:
http://www.kteller.com/store/p...9b6cc
Old 11-17-2004, 04:36 PM

<U>1st - the purpose of this post:</U>
i've been using the washer & factory bolt set-up for a couple of months now, and not a single problem. i used the slimmer SS washers from the local hardware store.

<U>2nd - the pic you posted:</U>
i don't think people are offended, i just think they're pointing out it wasn't a smart move, and people should think twice before doing shiz like that.

looks like some sticky-icky though...

peace
Old 11-17-2004, 04:40 PM

Default Re: WoOt! got my OMNI POWER camber kit! (cree)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cree &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><U>1st - the purpose of this post:</U>
i've been using the washer & factory bolt set-up for a couple of months now, and not a single problem. i used the slimmer SS washers from the local hardware store.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, but you're actually being of some help

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
<U>2nd - the pic you posted:</U>
i don't think people are offended, i just think they're pointing out it wasn't a smart move, and you should think twice before doing shiz like that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ah well, its not like I'm hurting them

arrest me

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks like some sticky-icky though...

peace </TD></TR></TABLE>

very.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Moron.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

They didnt include a **** load of washers, probably because that'd be pretty stupid. When you buy a front camber kit, you get a front camber kit...thats all.

And posting pics of you smokin the sticky doesnt make you cool...its just pointless.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:18 PM

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They didnt include a **** load of washers, probably because that'd be pretty stupid. When you buy a front camber kit, you get a front camber kit...thats all.</TD></TR></TABLE>
you're wrong

----taken from site-----
Omni Front and Rear Camber Kit: Civic 96-00 $195.00 $160.00

Click to enlarge
Come complete front and rear camber kit:

Honda Civic DX HB, CX HB, EX, LX, HX, DX 1996-00

These Are The Same Camber Kits Used By Race Winning World Challenge Driver Roger Foo.

These camber kits are designed to replace the whole OEM upper A arm on each side.

This camber kit allows + or - 4 degrees of ajustablity in the front & + or - 3 degrees of adjustability in the rear.

Omni-Power Rear Shim Kit allow up to a 1 ½ degrees of rear camber adjustment. 4 High Grade Bolts and 12 High Grade Washers are included allowing the buyer to adjust camber in even increments.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
And posting pics of you smokin the sticky doesnt make you cool...its just pointless.</TD></TR></TABLE>

when did I say I was cool?
Old 11-17-2004, 05:22 PM

Default Re: (SirSmokeAlot)

Same item as the skunk2 upper arms i have. The only bad thing is they slip. I want the new modified ball joint plates from skunk but have to purchase a new set of arms.

Quick Reply: WoOt! got my OMNI POWER camber kit! (READ IF YOU DID THE REAR WASHER CAMBER TRICK!!!)