Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Wooooot! New HID's!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wooooot! New HID's!!!

Just got my HID's today and put them in tonight when I got off work and WOW!!!! These are in my 92 Civic Hatch, H4's at 4300k. Here are some comparison shots from my Halogens to my new HID's. I highly recommend this product! MUCH brighter now! I ordered them from operatic http://www.hondamarketplace.com/zerothread/1847971 .....now we need to see how long they last....

STOCK HALOGENS

http://i82.photobucket.com/alb...4.jpg

NEW HID'S

http://i82.photobucket.com/alb...7.jpg

SIDE BY SIDE!!!

http://i82.photobucket.com/alb...0.jpg

ALL IN!!!

http://i82.photobucket.com/alb...0.jpg

Modified by Deadlock281 at 11:54 PM 9/9/2008
Old 09-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Wooooot! New HID's!!! (Deadlock281)

do they have a cut off? and does your high beam still work?
Old 09-09-2008, 08:38 PM

Location: ....................................................................................................

those kits suck i hate it when i get blinded when someone is driving behind me or oncoming all hid's suck though even the ones from the factory
Old 09-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (blkegcoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blkegcoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">those kits suck i hate it when i get blinded when someone is driving behind me or oncoming all hid's suck though even the ones from the factory </TD></TR></TABLE>

wow nice positive outlook on life. I can tell you have never driven in a car with hids to know how much of a improvement they are over Halogens bulbs. Granted plug and play kits arent as good as a oem retrofit, that are still a nice improvement, if the lights are adjusted down they wont blind people as bad as if the owner leaves them at the same height as the old halogens.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:44 PM

Default Re:

I approve! Im planning on getting new oem headlights and some sort of hid kit soon to replace my hazy headlights and shitty ebay hid kit that went out on me after 3 months. I loved em while they lasted tho... they were 3k. I know I want a Bi-Xenon kit but I cant decide between 3000k, 4300k, and 8000k.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Re: (iluvmy2000civicex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iluvmy2000civicex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I approve! Im planning on getting new oem headlights and some sort of hid kit soon to replace my hazy headlights and shitty ebay hid kit that went out on me after 3 months. I loved em while they lasted tho... they were 3k. I know I want a Bi-Xenon kit but I cant decide between 3000k, 4300k, and 8000k.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you wants brighter then go with the 4300k and the 8000k will be less brights and more blue.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:21 PM

Location: ....................................................................................................
Default Re: (-Gambit-)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -Gambit- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wow nice positive outlook on life. I can tell you have never driven in a car with hids to know how much of a improvement they are over Halogens bulbs. Granted plug and play kits arent as good as a oem retrofit, that are still a nice improvement, if the lights are adjusted down they wont blind people as bad as if the owner leaves them at the same height as the old halogens. </TD></TR></TABLE>

don't take such offense to a post that was not on your topic "I can tell that you've never had a person post a topic you didn't agree with"
it was just my own opinion don't go around just because you've been here so and so long or how many posts you have, you get mad because a noober like me has to come posting something i don't like. i'll agree some HID's are alright but thats my opinion i don't know you so i don't really care how you think of me, this is the internet your gonna get some bad posts but whatever though guy
Old 09-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (blkegcoupe)

I would like to see cut off pics and what kit you used. for reference. Thanks
Old 09-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (99fbpem1)

I like them, they look so much better
Old 09-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a set of 8000k with a lifetime warrenty and i love em. I like how it turns anything reflective or white into a icy blue tint on it,
Old 09-10-2008, 12:11 AM

Default Re: (99fbpem1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99fbpem1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would like to see cut off pics and what kit you used. for reference. Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

indeed. pics of the cut-off would be nice. but the light output does look a lot better
Old 09-10-2008, 12:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (wannabeEK9)

well seeing as how he is using stock housings and no projector retrofit of any kind that i can see, i'm gonna venture to make a guess that he doesn't have any cut off lines..
Old 09-10-2008, 12:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (-Gambit-)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -Gambit- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wow nice positive outlook on life. I can tell you have never driven in a car with hids to know how much of a improvement they are over Halogens bulbs. Granted plug and play kits arent as good as a oem retrofit, that are still a nice improvement, if the lights are adjusted down they wont blind people as bad as if the owner leaves them at the same height as the old halogens. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Read up on some science foo: http://www.danielsternlighting....html

Headlamps designed for halogen work for halogen; headlamps designed for HID lamps work with HID lamps. You can't mix and match and expect a good result. Do it right or don't do it at all.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (uniseriate)

i understand what they're saying in that video however i believe they're blowing it a bit out of proportion. It's really not as bad as they make it seem. I replaced the stock halogens in my civic with a 6000k hid kit, and it made an immediate and very noticeable difference in light output and intensity. I can the see the same amount of the road i could see before, its simply brighter. In my stock housings the hids produce a very uniform even well distributed beam, NOT scattered. And i also do not have people flashing their lights at me. For some vehicles perhaps hid's are not as well suited. (be it the layout of the headlamp itself, or the way its focused through the housing creating odd light output/scattering, etc) That very well may be the case, however i can only account for my own vehicle. Regardless I really dont think its as big a "road hazard as they are making it out to be.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (D16SiHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D16SiHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Regardless I really dont think its as big a "road hazard as they are making it out to be.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you think that you can take a random person's glasses or contacts off and expect them to work with your eyes? It is the same principle with regard to HID lamp "conversions." Halogen headlamps are calculated using CAD with a specific bulb in mind. The placement of the filament of the bulb is very important for headlamps to operate correctly. After all, it is the one parameter that the entire headlamp is designed around.

If you move that point of light whether by changing to a different halogen bulb or switching to an HID setup, the output of the headlamp is changed completely. HID bulbs use an arc rather than a filament and so the placement is much different than a halogen bulb. There is no way of fixing this other than retrofitting an entire assembly out of an HID headlamp.

Roadways are a public good and you have to do your due dilligence to prevent other people from being impaired by one's modifications. I could not care less if you decide to not wear a seatbelt. It is another thing entirely if your decisions directly impact how others use the road and their safety.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

looks nice
Old 09-10-2008, 05:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice upgrade. H.I.D. are the best.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Wooooot! New HID's!!! (Supraaa)

Have fun blinding other drivers!
Old 09-10-2008, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Wooooot! New HID's!!! (.mattyz_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .mattyz_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have fun blinding other drivers! </TD></TR></TABLE> yeah I got pulled over too much... took em off
Old 09-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good difference, yea me to i hate it when people drive right behind me and i cant see
Old 09-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (D16SiHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D16SiHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well seeing as how he is using stock housings and no projector retrofit of any kind that i can see, i'm gonna venture to make a guess that he doesn't have any cut off lines..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly, I didn't want to spend that kind of money yet so I haven't done a retrofit yet. But I'll go ahead and tell you the best way to reduce your glare.....CLEAN YOUR WINDOWS!!!!!!!! The light reflects off of the filth on your windows and the more you have the worse you will see at night! I keep my windows (especially my windshield) spotless! I never get blinded.

Modified by Deadlock281 at 2:42 PM 9/10/2008
Old 09-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Deadlock281)

look at all that glare
Old 09-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sde780)

retro fit some projectors
Old 09-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Deadlock281)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Deadlock281 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Exactly, I didn't want to spend that kind of money yet so I haven't done a retrofit yet. But I'll go ahead and tell you the best way to reduce your glare.....CLEAN YOUR WINDOWS!!!!!!!! The light reflects off of the filth on your windows and the more you have the worse you will see at night! I keep my windows (especially my windshield) spotless! I never get blinded.

Modified by Deadlock281 at 2:42 PM 9/10/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

I geuss I need to tint my rear window just for you....
Old 09-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (g0rg0n)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by g0rg0n &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I geuss I need to tint my rear window just for you.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Except the fact that he said clean your windows, not tint them.

Unless you're reading a hidden message that I can't see somewhere?

Quick Reply: Wooooot! New HID's!!!